The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Illmatic-
Wow that's unlucky dude :eek: You should definitely get your referee to mention it :smile: But surely you should be able to take them in june if it clashes in jan or does it clash in BOTH jan and june :confused: That would be very unfortunate...

Well in June it will only clash with FP1. The problem is that most of the exams are not in the same week. So if I could do all units in one week it wouldn't really be a problem. But I would have to travel 3 times to Cologne in 4 weeks which is kind of expensive :eek:. So yea, I will ask my referee to mention it but it is sad because it will surely put me at a disadvantage.. :frown:
Original post by Hemzo
hahaha! Very easy to get the two mixed up :tongue:

Certainly has the look of an economist :tongue:

:laugh: my rep has run out...remind me to rep you at another time
Original post by nightmare91
Well in June it will only clash with FP1. The problem is that most of the exams are not in the same week. So if I could do all units in one week it wouldn't really be a problem. But I would have to travel 3 times to Cologne in 4 weeks which is kind of expensive :eek:. So yea, I will ask my referee to mention it but it is sad because it will surely put me at a disadvantage.. :frown:

Make up for it with your Arbitur grades and your personal statement. If these two are brilliant, I'm sure you wont be at any disadvantage :smile:
Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... :frown: Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?

Is it not possible for you to try doing Further Maths on a different exam board?

Perhaps they'd be on different dates and I don't think the syllabus will change much from the exam board you're on.

Just an idea. :rolleyes:
[QUOTE="Hemzo;33205176"]Don't get where all the stupid negs are coming from.. But it's relatively cheap on amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1847395252/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1312623582&sr=8-1&condition=new
Kinda weird.. It's cheaper to buy it brand new than used :tongue:

Thanks, yeah haha that is wierd...

Original post by Tateco
You probably didn't people are negging for the hell of it on this thread :|

Oh well, they'll grow out of it :tongue:
Make up for it with your Arbitur grades and your personal statement. If these two are brilliant, I'm sure you wont be at any disadvantage :smile:

Thanks :smile: I think only LSE will see it as a disadvantage but well, maybe I'll still get lucky :biggrin:

Original post by DylanLJG
Is it not possible for you to try doing Further Maths on a different exam board?

Perhaps they'd be on different dates and I don't think the syllabus will change much from the exam board you're on.

Just an idea. :rolleyes:

I thought about that but in Germany we only have Edexcel International, not even CIE :O The only reason why I'm doing A Level Maths and Further Maths is because my German school didn't offer HL Maths. So I decided to take up the A Levels as a private candidate in order to be competitive. Oh I would save so much money and time if my stupid school just offered it -.-
Reply 1426
Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... :frown: Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?

Yes.
Reply 1427
Original post by Hemzo
hahaha my bad! Very easy to get the two mixed up :tongue:

Certainly has the look of an economist :tongue:

Haha :L
Reply 1428

I'm sure they'll understand, you are in another country after all :tongue:
Reply 1429
Thanks :smile: I think only LSE will see it as a disadvantage but well, maybe I'll still get lucky :biggrin:

IMO this is almost correct. The only places I have seen why show a preference for further maths are LSE, UCL and some Cambridge colleges.
Original post by Tateco
IMO this is almost correct. The only places I have seen why show a preference for further maths are LSE, UCL and some Cambridge colleges.

Which Camb colleges, in particular; just out of interest?
Reply 1431
Which Camb colleges, in particular; just out of interest?

Quite a few, just email the one's you've interested and find out personally, I don't want to list in case I have been told incorrectly, but it's what I've heard from admissions tutors by emailing the college
Original post by Tateco
Quite a few, just email the one's you've interested and find out personally, I don't want to list in case I have been told incorrectly, but it's what I've heard from admissions tutors by emailing the college

You could save me an awful lot of time by possibly PM'ing me...please :colondollar:
Original post by Tateco
I'm sure they'll understand, you are in another country after all :tongue:

Haha yes I suppose :tongue: I am sure that I am the first German applicant who took an A Level and the German Abitur at the same time. I have never heard of any Germans here that voluntarily took up an extra amount of work next to the German Abitur just to get into a british university :biggrin:
Original post by Tateco

Your possibly incorrect list would still be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Psychotic546

lol thats what I said too but for a more tailored response, you should just email them. It's quick, according to Tat, and easy and much more modified to you personally :smile:

EDIT: Just emailed King's and Girton
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1436
Original post by Psychotic546

What I PMd Illmatic:

"I really think you should just email them

It doesn't take a second, and they actually gave me personal, tailored advice which differed a lot across the colleges, advice from one college actually completely conflicted what another said. So it might be different for you compared to what subjects you do etc"
what chances do i have of getting into lse??
gcse-1A*3A 3B 3C
as grades-AAAB
A lvel predicted grades-A*A*A
Reply 1438
Original post by darkshadow1111
what chances do i have of getting into lse??
gcse-1A*3A 3B 3C
as grades-AAAB
A lvel predicted grades-A*A*A

For straight economics? Small probably, low A*s GCSE, a B at AS. What subjects do you do?
Original post by Tateco
For straight economics? Small probably, low A*s GCSE, a B at AS. What subjects do you do?

maths, economics,business and psychology.....how about economic and maths?? im planning to pick up hurther maths as next year.

Latest

Trending

Trending