Reply 6360
Original post by Straight up G
Oh,

Yeah, man understand. Soz. Sf u da physics don

Looool you saw first hand like a sec ago on MSN :laugh:

No problem G, I'll sort your Physics out
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Well Kings use a sliding scale with UKCAT and GCSE so a poor UKCAT can be made up with a good set of GCSEs on the other hand, a good set of GCSEs and UKCAT puts you in a very very good position.
I'm also thinking of applying to Kings depends on how UKCAT goes. My GCSEs aren't as good as yours though. :frown:

Sounds good :smile: I did a mock yesterday on the Kaplan site and got 655 but I haven't done ANY work on DA....

I got: VR: 670, QR: 730, AR: 650 and DA: 570... :frown: boo DA

I'm working on that now because it reallllllly brought my average score down!! anyway... I need to stop spending so much time analysing things and MORE time DOING things!!

:smile: xxx
Reply 6362
Original post by Loulibelle
Sounds good :smile: I did a mock yesterday on the Kaplan site and got 655 but I haven't done ANY work on DA....

I got: VR: 670, QR: 730, AR: 650 and DA: 570... :frown: boo DA

I'm working on that now because it reallllllly brought my average score down!! anyway... I need to stop spending so much time analysing things and MORE time DOING things!!

:smile: xxx

Did you go to the open day?
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Did you go to the open day?

For King's? No, I randomly turned up to do a self-guided tour of the uni and it just happened to also be the medical school open day which was a bit of a coincidence!

Why? x
Reply 6364
For King's? No, I randomly turned up to do a self-guided tour of the uni and it just happened to also be the medical school open day which was a bit of a coincidence!

Why? x

How was it? I never managed to go as I'm from the north and travel costs and stuff is too much considering I am unemployed. :redface:
Thought this might be useful for those trying to score their own practice papers against real scores for the UKCAT. I got it from the Kaplan site...

You can even practice some QR converting the scores to percentages :wink:

/Users/sabierainton/Desktop/Scores.tiff
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
How was it? I never managed to go as I'm from the north and travel costs and stuff is too much considering I am unemployed. :redface:

It was good :smile: the campus is really nice and self contained. Didn't see inside many of the buildings though. Smaller than a lot of Uni's and conveniently placed by a real busy train station! :smile:
Reply 6367
I just remembered I need to go to one of my placements for my reference lol. I bought them a big box of chocolates and a thank you card. And they said come back in a few weeks as both the manager and supervisor are on holiday and they will write me a reference.
Reply 6368
It was good :smile: the campus is really nice and self contained. Didn't see inside many of the buildings though. Smaller than a lot of Uni's and conveniently placed by a real busy train station! :smile:

When have you booked your UKCAT for?
Reply 6369
Thought this might be useful for those trying to score their own practice papers against real scores for the UKCAT. I got it from the Kaplan site...

You can even practice some QR converting the scores to percentages :wink:

/Users/sabierainton/Desktop/Scores.tiff

Looool :laugh:
Original post by brionyak
Ive got mine on the 20th as well and im just managing to finish the VR and DA on time. How have you been practising for yours?

Been doing the 600Q book and also using the links on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=621992 THIS.
Which I have found really useful so far. :biggrin:

I am actually finding DA a lot better than I imagined it would be :smile: it's just the AR and QR that I am not too keen on to be quite frank :s-smilie:
what work experience has everyone done? and how much? any ideas on what else would look good on an application??
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
When have you booked your UKCAT for?

25th :s

To be honest, just can't wait until it's over now! :tongue:

Just been practicing some DA in the 600Q book... I did 5 exercises and got percentages equivalent to scores between 600 and 890 across the five, with an average of 770 (78.8%)

:smile: quite happy with that!!

Going to do the entire mock paper tomorrow- YIKES! :eek:
Reply 6373
Just wondering if my grades would be good enough to be considered for any medical school in the UK.
I'm a Scottish student so have Highers and Advanced Highers. In my Highers i got an A in english, maths and biology and a B in physics and chemistry. In my Advanced Highers i got an A in chemistry and a B in maths and biology. Any advice would be fab. Thank you!
Reply 6374
Original post by WoefullyUninspired
Been doing the 600Q book and also using the links on http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=621992 THIS.
Which I have found really useful so far. :biggrin:

I am actually finding DA a lot better than I imagined it would be :smile: it's just the AR and QR that I am not too keen on to be quite frank :s-smilie:

I havent even tried doing QR and AR in the time limit its just not possible.
Original post by mk1993
Just wondering if my grades would be good enough to be considered for any medical school in the UK.
I'm a Scottish student so have Highers and Advanced Highers. In my Highers i got an A in english, maths and biology and a B in physics and chemistry. In my Advanced Highers i got an A in chemistry and a B in maths and biology. Any advice would be fab. Thank you!

The entry requirements for Scottish students are listed here. Glancing through it, it seems you would meet the requirements of quite a few schools.
Reply 6376
25th :s

To be honest, just can't wait until it's over now! :tongue:

Just been practicing some DA in the 600Q book... I did 5 exercises and got percentages equivalent to scores between 600 and 890 across the five, with an average of 770 (78.8%)

:smile: quite happy with that!!

Going to do the entire mock paper tomorrow- YIKES! :eek:

I've also got mine on the 25th and just finished practising some DA codes 1 and 2 in the 600q book.
Reply 6377
Hi, I was looking for some advice

I've had my heart set on medicine for a while now and was on track to get top grades.. However, after a veeery rough year (which my teachers assume will class as 'extenuating circumstances') I unfortunately only achieved AAA in bio/chem/physics and BB in maths/english.

After doing a tonne of research, work experience and volunteering, I know that this is the career path I want to follow but I feel as though the family problems I've had in the last year have blown my chances.

Do you think that there is anyway that I could expect an offer for medicine with AAABB? (I know that Dundee has min.AAABB req. Also, I am signed up to a programme through Edin uni which CAN allow for AAABB.. yet I can't see that happening)

I would be more than happy to apply to an English uni, but so far have found that most would only consider AH results.

ANY advice and information that people could give me would be amazing!!!!

Original post by calxoxox
Hi, I was looking for some advice

I've had my heart set on medicine for a while now and was on track to get top grades.. However, after a veeery rough year (which my teachers assume will class as 'extenuating circumstances') I unfortunately only achieved AAA in bio/chem/physics and BB in maths/english.

After doing a tonne of research, work experience and volunteering, I know that this is the career path I want to follow but I feel as though the family problems I've had in the last year have blown my chances.

Do you think that there is anyway that I could expect an offer for medicine with AAABB? (I know that Dundee has min.AAABB req. Also, I am signed up to a programme through Edin uni which CAN allow for AAABB.. yet I can't see that happening)

I would be more than happy to apply to an English uni, but so far have found that most would only consider AH results.

ANY advice and information that people could give me would be amazing!!!!

Glasgow will sometimes accept AAABB if you get a high UKCAT score.
Has/Does anyone studied at lancaster, can you give me your opinion pros cons etc ? Im a bit worried about it being a new course and only having 50 places but like everything else so im a bit stuck as to what to do now :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending