The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muffinz
So has anyone else thought about flat-warming parties on the moving-in weekend? ^^

What is the date of the moving in weekend or does it depend?:smile: x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2641
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame

You'll be able to move in from Wednesday 14th September but most people will wait until the weekend (17th & 18th) for one reason or another.
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame

I think it depends what hall you're in but since I'm in Lupton I move in on the weekend and will definitely be getting the beers in for the occasion :smile:
On a slightly unrelated note. What do people reckon the north-south divide is at the uni? (Might have had this conversation before on one of the Leeds threads) I was just looking up Leeds accents on Youtube and I had a horrible thought that I might come across as a posh and stuck up southerner :zomg:
Original post by Bella Occhi
On a slightly unrelated note. What do people reckon the north-south divide is at the uni? (Might have had this conversation before on one of the Leeds threads) I was just looking up Leeds accents on Youtube and I had a horrible thought that I might come across as a posh and stuck up southerner :zomg:

I reckon there'll be a lot of well-off people. I live in Cornwall - I wonder what people will think when they hear my accent and see my farmer's tan (off of summer job)?
Original post by Muffinz
I reckon there'll be a lot of well-off people. I live in Cornwall - I wonder what people will think when they hear my accent and see my farmer's tan (off of summer job)?

I'm not well-off, just normal, but apparently I sound a bit posh - my sister keeps making fun of me :cry: Cornish accents are brilliant :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not well-off, just normal, but apparently I sound a bit posh - my sister keeps making fun of me :cry: Cornish accents are brilliant :biggrin:

I go really Cornish when I've been drinking, but my accent is very peculiar because I live in Cornwall, my mother's Scottish and I speak to a lot of Americans... >_>

Aparently I act "quite middle-class" but I'm from a working-class background. So it could be interesting :biggrin:
slightly off topic for which I apologise for, but is Leeds University good? I heard its the best redbrick uni, but what is it like as a whole?
Original post by Muffinz
I go really Cornish when I've been drinking, but my accent is very peculiar because I live in Cornwall, my mother's Scottish and I speak to a lot of Americans... >_>

Aparently I act "quite middle-class" but I'm from a working-class background. So it could be interesting :biggrin:

Is your drunken Cornish like this at all? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFj3hSMEAU :lol:
Reply 2649
Original post by Gemini92
You'll be able to move in from Wednesday 14th September but most people will wait until the weekend (17th & 18th) for one reason or another.

It's 10th for tannery

:woo: finally 19, but saving the party till uni :biggrin:
Is your drunken Cornish like this at all? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFj3hSMEAU :lol:

Might be a little bit more... sissy than that.
Reply 2651
TBH where it concerns accents I think people are a lot more tolerent, espcially when they're at uni.

I think my friend had a few that were really polite and SOUNDED posh, had a girl from newcastle and she was proper nice in personality and a few more from all the area. All in his block of flates and I honestly dont think anyone will care what you sound like.
You all seem like really nice outgoing people to me and i'm on the net, I wouldnt think any different of any of you if I met you in person from your accent.
Sure if it was really strong might take me a little to understand (not gunna lie) But Everyone just mixes with everyone.

I actually cannot wait though, soooo excited :biggrin: :biggrin:
My accent is really southern. I'm quite close to London actually, but I have northern parents so not too sure if i might have some northern in my speaking. Anyway I'm rambling carry on :biggrin:
Reply 2652
Original post by dmz
It's 10th for tannery

:woo: finally 19, but saving the party till uni :biggrin:

Happy Birthday for when it is your birthday :biggrin:
Reply 2653
Original post by Lovin
Happy Birthday for when it is your birthday :biggrin:

tis today but didn't get totally drunk. Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 2654
Original post by dmz

Well a more meant Happy Birthday to you then xXxXx.
Remind me to give you some rep at some point seen as I apparently reached my limit to rate. :smile:
Reply 2655
Original post by Lovin
Well a more meant Happy Birthday to you then xXxXx.
Remind me to give you some rep at some point seen as I apparently reached my limit to rate. :smile:

Reply 2656
Original post by Omiclops
Twelve days from now - i'll either have ordered my macbook pro or have committed suicide :s-smilie:

Dude, don't order it until you get to Leeds. If you buy it online whilst connected to the uni's internet you get a student discount, like 10% I think. Also a load of money towards apps, I think it was $100 so like £69 or something. Naht sure though on the exacts.

But just wait until you are a student, save the mons!
Original post by dmz

Happy belated birthday! :biggrin:
Original post by Gemini92

Thank you! I'll be moving into accommodation at the weekend easier for parents so i'm glad most people will be going then to :smile: x
Original post by Muffinz
I think it depends what hall you're in but since I'm in Lupton I move in on the weekend and will definitely be getting the beers in for the occasion :smile:

Yeah, I'm hopefully going to be in Clarence Dock so i hope most people move in on the weekend! So I'm not alone and having celebratory drinks alone haha! :smile:

Latest