The Student Room Group

Ladies LGBT Introductory thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about finding a good LGBT group in London which is fairly young? At uni I loved the LGBT Soc, but now I have moved to London and don't know anyone. I tried going to a group the other day but felt out of place as most people were in the 30's-50's and so there was nobody with similar life experience to me. Thanks!

Check out QYN, they have fairly regular London meets. Also come hang out in the LGBT Chat Thread here. :smile:
Original post by dbmag9
Check out QYN, they have fairly regular London meets. Also come hang out in the LGBT Chat Thread here. :smile:

I'm interested in going to one of the meetings... have you been there before? Is it quite a diverse crowd of LGBT people? I only ask because I've been to similar events before and was largely ignored and made to feel quite uncomfortable because I didn't fit a particular stereotype ... no one could believe that I was attracted to women because I'm quite feminine. :confused:
Reply 142
Original post by MsMadeleine
I'm interested in going to one of the meetings... have you been there before? Is it quite a diverse crowd of LGBT people? I only ask because I've been to similar events before and was largely ignored and made to feel quite uncomfortable because I didn't fit a particular stereotype ... no one could believe that I was attracted to women because I'm quite feminine. :confused:

Yeah, they're pretty diverse. It's a welcoming group, although you might have to make a bit of an effort the first time since a lot know each other quite well. I've been to a few meets, and went to two London Prides with them as well. I recall an amusing meet in Hyde Park where we confused tourists with the spectacle of forty-odd youths in a big circle stating their name, username and pronoun. :p:
Original post by DellaLouise
1) Naya Rivera
2) Kathryn Prescott
3) I have to second The Puppet Master and say Mila Kunis :yep:
4) Olivia Wilde :biggrin:
5) Lauren Ambrose
6) Karen Gillan
I need to stop watching so much tv :rolleyes:
:h:

I can't believe I forgot Olivia Wilde...

I fell in love with her in House M.D :awesome:
Original post by The Puppet Master
I can't believe I forgot Olivia Wilde...

I fell in love with her in House M.D :awesome:

Same :love:
Anyone else been watching Candy Bar Girls on channel 5? I don't think it's portraying the ladies LGBT world in a good light. However I still watch it :laugh:
Anyone else been watching Candy Bar Girls on channel 5? I don't think it's portraying the ladies LGBT world in a good light. However I still watch it :laugh:

I haven't watched the last episode yet, have you watched all of torchwood yet? :smile:
I did hope all lesbians/ bisexuals weren't like the candy bar girls. :rolleyes: I feel they are quite stereotypical and quite cliché, even though the whole marketing idea was not to be cliché.
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
I haven't watched the last episode yet, have you watched all of torchwood yet? :smile:
I did hope all lesbians/ bisexuals weren't like the candy bar girls. :rolleyes: I feel they are quite stereotypical and quite cliché, even though the whole marketing idea was not to be cliché.

I completely forgot it was on on Thurs! :tongue: FINALLY CAUGHT UP with Torchwood :rolleyes:
They aren't. I think with the show that they tried to take the most extreme with the stereotypes which is why it seems a bit over the top.
I completely forgot it was on on Thurs! :tongue: FINALLY CAUGHT UP with Torchwood :rolleyes:
They aren't. I think with the show that they tried to take the most extreme with the stereotypes which is why it seems a bit over the top.

Agreed. Especially the lady who was on big brother in the opening episode. She's very extroverted, her friends must have a hard time trying to get her off the ceiling.
She said, Oh I get more attention off girls after being on big brother, I wouldn't recognise her. Mind you, I wouldn't really recognise anyone off big brother. :rolleyes:

Torchwood :love:
Agreed. Especially the lady who was on big brother in the opening episode. She's very extroverted, her friends must have a hard time trying to get her off the ceiling.
She said, Oh I get more attention off girls after being on big brother, I wouldn't recognise her. Mind you, I wouldn't really recognise anyone off big brother. :rolleyes:

Torchwood :love:

I've never watched Big Brother so when they said she was off there I immediately thought "She's going to be an idiot." I was right :biggrin:
I don't know why but I find Danni really pretty except she seems like a right b****.

Torchwood's amazing. I'm actually really enjoying the story line. Still think Jack should be back on Doctor Who though :rolleyes:
I've never watched Big Brother so when they said she was off there I immediately thought "She's going to be an idiot." I was right :biggrin:
I don't know why but I find Danni really pretty except she seems like a right b****.

Torchwood's amazing. I'm actually really enjoying the story line. Still think Jack should be back on Doctor Who though :rolleyes:

Yeah, quite a few have been to uni but are absolute idiots. :tongue: Danni's cute, I don't like her though. :confused: Actually I'm not sure if I like any of them. I really don't like the one that's training to be a teacher. :mad:
I think I prefer Imaginary lesbians, like Sugar Rush. But I do for some reason like watching Candy Bar Girls. :colondollar:
Yeah, quite a few have been to uni but are absolute idiots. :tongue: Danni's cute, I don't like her though. :confused: Actually I'm not sure if I like any of them. I really don't like the one that's training to be a teacher. :mad:
I think I prefer Imaginary lesbians, like Sugar Rush. But I do for some reason like watching Candy Bar Girls. :colondollar:

:yep: Do you know any lesbians/bisexuals in real life? If you don't, that might be why you like watching CBG as it shows they do exist :laugh:
Naomily on Skins is one of my all time favourite lesbian TV couples. Also Kathryn Prescott is really cute :rolleyes:
I think I prefer Imaginary lesbians, like Sugar Rush. But I do for some reason like watching Candy Bar Girls.

This exactly! Sugar Rush and The L Word. I so wish there was somewhere like The L Word in real life... I did love that show!

I've only seen a tiny bit of Candy Bar Girls and it was so stereotypical it made me cringe... :s-smilie: I wish there was something that was truly representative of the lesbian community...
Original post by marie_
Oh god Candy Bar Girls is hilarious. I feel sorry for any young girls questioning their sexuality who watch this and think this is what it means to be gay/bi.

Oh and hi all! I'm a 21 year old student from London.

Hi Marie, great to see another Londoner! :smile:

Question for you...What do you think of the London scene? Can you recommend anywhere in particular that isn't at all like Candy Bar Girls? :biggrin:
:yep: Do you know any lesbians/bisexuals in real life? If you don't, that might be why you like watching CBG as it shows they do exist :laugh:
Naomily on Skins is one of my all time favourite lesbian TV couples. Also Kathryn Prescott is really cute :rolleyes:

:holmes: No I don't know any lesbians :frown: So, yeah that's probably why.
You're about as obsessed with Kathryn Prescott as I am with HBC. :love:
:holmes: No I don't know any lesbians :frown: So, yeah that's probably why.
You're about as obsessed with Kathryn Prescott as I am with HBC. :love:

:console:
Just wait till uni :awesome: you'll definitely know some if you join the LGBT society :colone:
Maybe :blushing:
:console:
Just wait till uni :awesome: you'll definitely know some if you join the LGBT society :colone:
Maybe :blushing:

:hugs: Thanks that's what I'm hoping for. Bham does have a really nice LGBTQ society, they also have a Fetish society so I guess the place is pretty left wing. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
:hugs: Thanks that's what I'm hoping for. Bham does have a really nice LGBTQ society, they also have a Fetish society so I guess the place is pretty left wing. :lol:

Sounds ... erm fun? :tongue:
Sounds ... erm fun? :tongue:

:lol: it made me laugh when I found out about it. I don't know what to do if they have a stand at freshers fair. :eek:
:lol: it made me laugh when I found out about it. I don't know what to do if they have a stand at freshers fair. :eek:

Walk away.
Unless that's your sort of thing :colone:
:laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending