The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Original post by Lovin
Lol. I'm actually an insomniac so I don't sleep much anyway ha ha. Although alcohol makes me kinda drowsy.....maybe thats the cure to insomnia!! More alcohol!!!

Haha same here, cos of the gap year was unemployed for a few months, used to go to bed at 7am, wake up at 2 for a couple of hours to eat then sleep about 5-9pm then i'm up all night. I still end up waking up an hour or two in the middle of the night. I think that's a great cure :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Lovin
That's awesome hun :smile:

I was thinking about a year abroad although wasnt too sure how to go about it. Either industry placement or an actual study year abroad. I know Leeds have that erasmus thing going on. But i'm not too sure if it's for specific things or not.
We may indeed end up in the same yr :smile:
I just cant wait to do the zoology degree. Couldnt believe I found a uni that allows you to go to Africa in your third yr and the meds in the 2nd.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah neither am I if I'm honest. On the uni website it says it's an option. Will have to find out when we get there I suppose. Would personally love to do a year of study in Australia :smile: And maybe being stupid here, but what is erasmus?

And I know! There are so many trips with the degree! Can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 2682
Original post by rachelll=)
Yeah neither am I if I'm honest. On the uni website it says it's an option. Will have to find out when we get there I suppose. Would personally love to do a year of study in Australia :smile: And maybe being stupid here, but what is erasmus?

And I know! There are so many trips with the degree! Can't wait :biggrin:

The link for erasmus::
Erasmus Work Programme

This wasn't in the 2011-2012 Prospectus for Leeds. The only way I found out about this was because my friend wanted a prospectus and I ordered one for her (2012-2013), both had a glance through and I found the erasmus work programme.

Let me know what ya think :smile: it's a bit of a read.
Original post by Lovin
When I drove up to leeds the last time, it was during rush hour. I have never got so frustrated driving than I have around them stupid ring roads!!
Hate them Hate them and hate them some more. AND they have speed cameras in the most sneaky places it's unreal!

Some of it, like the motorways and faster dual carriageways are actually quite clever. But the actual centre and the speed cameras are a nightmare! Hopefully Headingley isn't too bad. If I can have my car I'll do a week's shopping rather than popping in and out for just that night's meal. Can't carry much shopping while walking.
Reply 2684
Original post by Teh User
Some of it, like the motorways and faster dual carriageways are actually quite clever. But the actual centre and the speed cameras are a nightmare! Hopefully Headingley isn't too bad. If I can have my car I'll do a week's shopping rather than popping in and out for just that night's meal. Can't carry much shopping while walking.

My friend lived in Lupton residences, in headingly and the trouble I had getting there from the city centre. Oh my lord, talk about road rage. It took my an hour to move a mile, no word of a lie, I could'v walked faster.
Although in all fairness im not taking my car to uni, well I am in a sense, im driving up there but then scraping my car once im up in Leeds and after I'v moved in. I can't afford to run my car while at uni. So shall be walking everywhere. Which also meand a trimmer, leaner me :smile:
Need to shift the weight some how lol
Original post by Lovin
My friend lived in Lupton residences, in headingly and the trouble I had getting there from the city centre. Oh my lord, talk about road rage. It took my an hour to move a mile, no word of a lie, I could'v walked faster.
Although in all fairness im not taking my car to uni, well I am in a sense, im driving up there but then scraping my car once im up in Leeds and after I'v moved in. I can't afford to run my car while at uni. So shall be walking everywhere. Which also meand a trimmer, leaner me :smile:
Need to shift the weight some how lol

Luckily for me I'm North of Leeds, so I can come down from the North and dodge the centre. I advise you do it too using the route I suggested when you move up here, especially as everyone is going to have the same problem of driving through the centre.

If I can't afford to keep my car then I'm considering a small motorbike, just because I'm a bit of a travelling addict. Going to use Leeds' gym facilities loads because I really want to get some muscle on me too! :smile:
Reply 2686
Luckily for me I'm North of Leeds, so I can come down from the North and dodge the centre. I advise you do it too using the route I suggested when you move up here, especially as everyone is going to have the same problem of driving through the centre.

If I can't afford to keep my car then I'm considering a small motorbike, just because I'm a bit of a travelling addict. Going to use Leeds' gym facilities loads because I really want to get some muscle on me too! :smile:

Crafty.....but clever :tongue:

Yeh same, I really wanna take up a few sporting activities too. Maybe even a martial Art. Not too sure about that one though. Definately going to continue my horse riding, jesus the last time I rode I felt like id done like 500 crunches, my stomach killed for days.
Not to mention im seriously not guna have a lot of money to live off. Less than £100 a month I'm reckoning. IF i've worked it out right lol :tongue: which I probably havent ha ha. So less food and more walking = slim me :smile:
Original post by Lovin

Yeh same, I really wanna take up a few sporting activities too. Maybe even a martial Art. Not too sure about that one though. Definately going to continue my horse riding, jesus the last time I rode I felt like id done like 500 crunches, my stomach killed for days.
Not to mention im seriously not guna have a lot of money to live off. Less than £100 a month I'm reckoning. IF i've worked it out right lol :tongue: which I probably havent ha ha. So less food and more walking = slim me :smile:

I want to take up some sports too. I'm not very sporty but I want to change that because I am interested in doing some new things. I can't wait. I'm gonna feel silly if I fail to get in though. :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 2688
I want to take up some sports too. I'm not very sporty but I want to change that because I am interested in doing some new things. I can't wait. I'm gonna feel silly if I fail to get in though. :s-smilie: :frown:

Well I wish you all the best of luck on results day hun :smile: I hope you get in.
Reply 2689
Original post by Lovin

i wanna learn martial arts also :smile:, muay thai specifically but i don't mind. Got a gym across from my accomodation too, 3days off a week means i'm gonna get hench :wink:
Original post by Lovin
Well I wish you all the best of luck on results day hun :smile: I hope you get in.

Thank you. :smile:

Original post by dmz
i wanna learn martial arts also :smile:, muay thai specifically but i don't mind. Got a gym across from my accomodation too, 3days off a week means i'm gonna get hench :wink:

I think I'm gonna end up quite buff too with 3 days off. :tongue:
Reply 2691
Thank you. :smile:

I think I'm gonna end up quite buff too with 3 days off. :tongue:

what are you studying? Sorry if you've told me already. Tryna fix up atm for uni :tongue:
Original post by dmz
what are you studying? Sorry if you've told me already. Tryna fix up atm for uni :tongue:

Politics, checked that timetable and I only really have Tuesdays and Thursdays. :smile:
Reply 2693
Politics, checked that timetable and I only really have Tuesdays and Thursdays. :smile:

sweet! My week ends on a tuesday. Lots of self study tho (doubt I'll do it) gotta be up at 6 for work so best get some sleep. Night!

Hi

I've noticed some people know what flat and even what floors they are staying in! I received my confirmation letter from Leeds regarding my place, haven't heard anything regarding accommodation.

Is the process still in its infancy? Getting a little worried! Cheers.
Reply 2695
Original post by strengthandhonour
Hi

I've noticed some people know what flat and even what floors they are staying in! I received my confirmation letter from Leeds regarding my place, haven't heard anything regarding accommodation.

Is the process still in its infancy? Getting a little worried! Cheers.

Only those who have unconditional offers have gotten their contract, all the others will know after results day :smile:
Reply 2696
which is aftee the 18th ^
Reply 2697
Original post by dmz

Lol, can't wait, the Leeds gym looks amazing. Wanna do rock climbing too which I can imagine is goin to be tough on the arms and legs Lol.
I have no Idea what my tmetable is. Hasn't been decided yet. Well not officially. Or I really just can't find it. Lol
I did have a look through that lnk though that you sent about the timetables and I still cant find one.
This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know (assuming our offers are met) when confirmation of accommodation comes through?
Original post by xspookshowbaby

Original post by xspookshowbaby
Thanks! Think I'm going to visit it on wednesday :smile: did you live there in your first year? xx

No I didn't, but some of my friends did and I visited often :smile:

Latest