The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
they say 7 days and I don't wanna curse it but it's probably more relaxed than they are letting on.

they just don't want people taking weeks to return their contracts etc.

in your case, to the above poster you should still call them
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 281
After spending days of checking my email, to see if they had responded to my results and I received my welcome pack, I thought I would be able to leave my laptop alone. Now I find out you can check the status of your accommodation, wow back to refreshing every hour or so!!
Reply 282
Original post by nikki-jones2009
when did you apply?

Not 100% sure, I think it was about a week after the online accomm applications opened up, so around the 20th of February. I had to ring up to get my student number because I'd only got my offer at the beginning of February and didn't have my welcome pack yet.
Reply 283
Ahhh it really is annoying now! fair do's they have alot of applications to process but why leave it this late :frown:
Original post by JackG18
Ahhh it really is annoying now! fair do's they have alot of applications to process but why leave it this late :frown:

because they are VERY unorganised :/
Reply 285
If toy ring them up. I did on Wednesday, my application went to processing on Thursday and my offer came through this morning. I applied the end of Feb. However, a friendly phone call won't harm your situation :smile:
Reply 286
Finally got mine today, Victoria Halls (first choice) :biggrin: i applied on Feb the 16th btw.

Hope everyones comes soon :smile:
Original post by damcc20
If toy ring them up. I did on Wednesday, my application went to processing on Thursday and my offer came through this morning. I applied the end of Feb. However, a friendly phone call won't harm your situation :smile:

Original post by jde-tv
Finally got mine today, Victoria Halls (first choice) :biggrin: i applied on Feb the 16th btw.

it seems like people who applied for victoria hall are starting to get theres through so hopefully il get mine soon.

looks like the more popular choices such as trigon n victoria are taking longer for the accommodation staff to process
Original post by jde-tv

Original post by jde-tv

What block and flat did u get? x
Reply 289
whoop whoop got my accommodation today! Victoria halls!
Block B Flat 7 Room 2 :smile:
Reply 290
They are doing the gap year students first, you know the ones that applied last year. I applied March 14th and my friend who applied last year, applied for accom end of May, he got Victoria Halls and his friend got Forge. And I doubt the 'allocators' work over the weekend....how inconsiderate.
Reply 291
Original post by rosemariej2010
What block and flat did u get? x

Im in C3 :smile:
Reply 292
Rang up this morning about going on holiday, and the girl said my application was in front of her to be sent out today makes me a little more relieved. Shame i'll have to wait til after my holidays to see what I get.
Finally processing!
And they've added another choice to my list that I didn't originally choose :s
Reply 295
Original post by Mattyrewls22

Where did you apply to?
Original post by _Mazza_
Where did you apply to?

Victoria Halls and Devonshire Courtyard and they've added a third choice of Charlotte Court that I never chose! :s-smilie:
Reply 297
Victoria Halls and Devonshire Courtyard and they've added a third choice of Charlotte Court that I never chose! :s-smilie:

That's odd :s-smilie:

It definitely seems like they're dealing with the people who's first choice was Victoria Halls at the moment. Mine were Vic Halls and The Forge and mine changed on Friday.
Reply 298

I think it could be like, them hoping for people to choose the 3rd choice because the other 2 are really popular.
Reply 299

Mines just changed to processing, applied on the 28th march. I've also had another choice added to my list, I applied for Victoria Halls and Opal 1, Devonshire courtyard has been added for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending