The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by Abiraleft
I really liked Fracture as well. Rosamund Pike :coma: I've watched two films that have her in them recently: An Education and Made in Dagenham.

Her role in the film seemed pretty pointless, maybe in the book the film was based on she had more of a role but she was just eye candy in this film I thought (and a really good one at that :sexface:).

Edit: Also, if you like this you might want to watch Primal Fear if you haven't seen it before. Edward Norton is awesome in that, nominated for an Oscar.

Original post by Roobsa
I just misclicked and accidently negged you. Sorry! :frown: Will try to amend that asap.

Lol don't worry mate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Starting to anticipate snow white and the huntsman, for all her fidgety and 'awkward' mannerisms I still love watching Kristen Stewart on screen

also got some great August releases this year, I've noticed some great films have been august releases in recent years
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Starting to anticipate snow white and the huntsman, for all her fidgety and 'awkward' mannerisms I still love watching Kristen Stewart on screen

also got some great August releases this year, I've noticed some great films have been august releases in recent years

She was good in Adventureland...
Watching a great disaster movie at the moment, it's called Sky News...
Reply 3764
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Watching a great disaster movie at the moment, it's called Sky News...

:rofl: Brilliant!

On that note, I was thinking only yesterday about how someone could probably make a pretty good film/documentary on the recent riots; I'm pretty intrigued by how the movement as it were has become completely disjoint from the initial cause (the shooting) and has become something of an embodiment of the frustration of all these people living in a certain (pretty bad) situation in a period where the economy is struggling. I just thought it would be a pretty good film if someone made something along those lines/focusing on those points.

Anyway, I watched Up in the Air last night. Why isn't Vera Farmiga better known than she is? She's been pretty impressive in all of the films I've seen her in - Up in the Air, The Departed and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Source Code - and they're all fairly mainstream movies.
Watching footage from last night, I was struck by the similarity to a certain recent Michael Caine film...
Please no riot talk in here :emo:

I need a refuge away from the debate.
Original post by cambo211
Please no riot talk in here :emo:

I need a refuge away from the debate.

Okay.

Might watch a film today...

...before I go out on riot patrol :awesome:
Reply 3768
Original post by Deshi
Her role in the film seemed pretty pointless, maybe in the book the film was based on she had more of a role but she was just eye candy in this film I thought (and a really good one at that :sexface:).

Edit: Also, if you like this you might want to watch Primal Fear if you haven't seen it before. Edward Norton is awesome in that, nominated for an Oscar.

I've asked around about Primal Fear, but I haven't found it yet. If it's as good as people say it is, I'll have to step up my search!

I rate Ed Norton pretty highly. He's been pretty impressive imo in almost all of the films I've seen him in - American History X, Fight Club, The Illusionist - even in ones where I thought the film itself wasn't very good - The Score, Rounders. The only exception I can think of is The Incredible Hulk.
Reply 3769
I have a soft spot for The Mexican. :awesome:
Reply 3770
Anyone seen 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'?! I really want to see it, going by the reviews and trailor, it looks awesome!
Original post by Abiraleft
:rofl: Brilliant!

On that note, I was thinking only yesterday about how someone could probably make a pretty good film/documentary on the recent riots; I'm pretty intrigued by how the movement as it were has become completely disjoint from the initial cause (the shooting) and has become something of an embodiment of the frustration of all these people living in a certain (pretty bad) situation in a period where the economy is struggling. I just thought it would be a pretty good film if someone made something along those lines/focusing on those points.

Anyway, I watched Up in the Air last night. Why isn't Vera Farmiga better known than she is? She's been pretty impressive in all of the films I've seen her in - Up in the Air, The Departed and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Source Code - and they're all fairly mainstream movies.

Looks like they're repeating it tonight :/

Yeah Vera's great, unfortunately I think she still needs to bag a leading role, she's always supporting so far.
Original post by kflynn
Anyone seen 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'?! I really want to see it, going by the reviews and trailor, it looks awesome!

Going to go see it on Friday. Can't wait! Then have to review it for BBC radio...
Reply 3773
Original post by kflynn

I'm off to see it today! :biggrin: I wasn't expecting it to get good reviews, tbh. I was expecting the usual mindless action fare movies this far into the mainstream seem to be moulded in. Hoping to see something substantial today...
Going to see Super 8 tonight. Didn't think I'd get the chance to see it at the cinema, am excite!
Reply 3775
Rise of the Planet of the Apes was pretty good - better than I expected.
I am so so so tempted to pre order the Star Wars blu ray boxset.

But seeing how the LOTR boxset has dropped in price a little bit so quickly, I'm thinking I should hold off for a little while.

But I really want it. Right now. :redface:
quite anticipating to watch 30 minutes or less, I'm curious as to how it'll actually be like
None of my friends are interested in Super 8. They'd rather see Cowboys and Aliens. :sad:
Reply 3779
Parenthood really is a charming film. Deserving of being described as 'heart warming'. :daydreaming:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending