Are you going to do advanced highers? :h:
Original post by Harbour Seal
Got AAAAA for my highers! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now to start studying for UKCAt nonsense... Boooooooooooooooo! :frown:

I heard. :flutter:

:top:
:party:
Original post by twelve
I've got myself a job, and am in the middle of signing up for a BSL course. But apart from that, visiting my friends at all their different universities, maybe a bit of travelling, and carrying on my bits of voluntary work :smile: I'm just trying to find lots to occupy myself!

BSL sounds good! Just a few days ago I was thinking of learning Mandarin lol. Maybe I will ... I knoww, I reallllllllly don't want to be bored and have nothing to do! I'll be searching for a job now, in the next couple of days ...
Reply 2863
is there anyone else who hasnt applied for the UKCAT yet?
everytime i come on tsr i get all worried and panicky by looking at how prepared some people already are (esp the year 12's)

my plan is to book my ukcat this week sometime for mid september.

it all depends on my grades im just soo confused atm !!
Reply 2864
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It does speed up when you get busy :console:

Be a lot faster if you don't have any regrets so work hard, drink hard, and TSR hard :cool:

This is the last week of my summer job so I'm gonna have to get looking for another.. *sigh*

And I shall follow all your advice.... Well I'll drink hard...
Original post by Braddd
This is the last week of my summer job so I'm gonna have to get looking for another.. *sigh*

And I shall follow all your advice.... Well I'll drink hard...

You might want to start looking now :erm:

Get something part time though.. I wouldn't have liked to work full time for a whole year (though the money would have been nice!)

If you don't TSR hard then I'll have no proof :colone:
Original post by twelve
I think you're right. Say we send of UCAS apps by about 5th October, then have a few weeks to get over the panic of doing it, and worrying that it could have been better. Then it'll be exciting doing all new things, and visiting friends at their universities... After Christmas, (or even before!) hopefully a few interviews, and all the prep for that. So I'd have though that about Feb-March kind of time is when we'll start to get fed up. Hopefully later, but by then the excitement of doing a gap year will start wearing off...

Thats why we need to start planning exciting things to do to round off the gap year in the summer :smile:

I had a dream last night, that I got two interview letters through on the same day. It was suchhh a good dream :biggrin:

So I'd better get back to UKCAT revision....

Oh i intend to go crazy around this time next year and make up for all the partying/drinking/beaching i should have done this year
I've already got a two weeks in florida booked next summer and i'm just getting started.. :cool:

And whata dream! Aww hope it ends up being deja-vu for you. And the rest of us gappers :rolleyes:

Congrats! That's fantastic, you must be so relieved!
Nonsense is exactly what the UKCAT is but i should think there's less pressure on you now for this (having said that, you acctually never know and depends on what unis you apply to but it's one less hurdle)
Thanks guys :biggrin:

No advanced highers for my sweet self as I got onto the Access to Medicine course at Stow college.... Hopefully this will make me uber-qualified in the eyes of the universities :smile:

UKCAT... Bleurgh... Going to book it for next week I think. Just git it o'er 'n' dun wif, nawatamean?
Reply 2868
haha i got rejected without any interviews. :/ i shall apply again though!
Reply 2869
Original post by atomos
Right now considering all the Scottish ones, if i get a good enough UKCAT think I will definitely apply to Glasgow (even though its not my first choice) cause I'm trying to be as tactical as I can this year! What about you?

Hey! Sorry I took such a long time to reply. YES! I am definitely going to be applying to Glasgow (I now have moved to Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow is beautiful) but I would not consider all my choices to be Sccottish Universities though as many English applicants will be applying there this year. So, how have you been utilising your spare time? Any plans abroad?
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Oh i intend to go crazy around this time next year and make up for all the partying/drinking/beaching i should have done this year
I've already got a two weeks in florida booked next summer and i'm just getting started.. :cool:

And whata dream! Aww hope it ends up being deja-vu for you. And the rest of us gappers :rolleyes:

)

I know what you mean.
I'm working full time now (my contracts six months but hopefully they'll give me another 6 after it's up)
So then I have a month or two of just chilling that i'm gonna love before medschool starts.

I'm looking forward allready, But if I do get my contract re-newed the money would be a big plus when i'm in Uni.

Congrats sir! Pleased for you.

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Be a lot faster if you don't have any regrets so work hard, drink hard, and TSR hard :cool:

I think we have a good motto for this thread.

Just started a F/T job as I need to saaave, guh. Although I am going to Malta very soon for a week!
Original post by baztech
Congrats sir! Pleased for you.

I think we have a good motto for this thread.

Just started a F/T job as I need to saaave, guh. Although I am going to Malta very soon for a week!

How did your ukcat test go? Also, what are you starting your full time job as?
Original post by firestar101
How did your ukcat test go? Also, what are you starting your full time job as?

Went really really well! Average 707.5, so well chuffed. Also I am doing same job I did one summer between uni years: a butler :colondollar: :cool:

ALSO what you been up 2!?
Original post by baztech
Went really really well! Average 707.5, so well chuffed. Also I am doing same job I did one summer between uni years: a butler :colondollar: :cool:

I am glad it went well. :cool: . I hope the ukcat practice online questions helped. I am sitting the ukcat in September. I would be grateful if you could private message me some tips on the ukcat if you can. How did you find using the on-screen calculator?

Really, are you a butler for some really posh family or something. I am sure it pays well. :tongue:

Not been up to much. I will be working as a film extra soon in the movie world war z, which stars brad Pitt. So looking forward to that. :smile:
Original post by baztech

Congrats on your great score! Maybe be seeing you in Glasgow next year? What are your choices for this year? :smile:
Reply 2876
Original post by baztech

wow well done! can I ask u how u prepared? thanx and good luck with the rest of the application
Hey does anyone know how Liverpool deals with reapplicants? Thanks.
Original post by firestar101
I am glad it went well. :cool: . I hope the ukcat practice online questions helped. I am sitting the ukcat in September. I would be grateful if you could private message me some tips on the ukcat if you can. How did you find using the on-screen calculator?

Really, are you a butler for some really posh family or something. I am sure it pays well. :tongue:

Not been up to much. I will be working as a film extra soon in the movie world war z, which stars brad Pitt. So looking forward to that. :smile:

Whew what? Have they changed the calculator to it being on the screen?! Awh man that'll take ages to click and stuff :frown:

Ah cool are you part of actors recrutig thing or something? That'll look good on your ps ) haven't even started rewriting mine yet, just want ukcat and results tk be done, have you started? :h:
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
Hey does anyone know how Liverpool deals with reapplicants? Thanks.

Last I heard they deal with them the same.
Except the GCSE threshold is lower. (this is from the 2011 entry open day in july 2010 so may have changed)

Instead of needing 15 points at GCSE from their system they consider applicants with 12-14 points as well.

I think there's other conditions to it like you have to have done well at A level or maybe it's just having a grades in hand type of thing. In any case you'd need to meet the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest