University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
One more month of relaxation at least :smile:

Time is going really fast this summer.

Problem is lack of money to do things, although i'm going to the isle of mann at the end of this month, then away with dee for a week the 2nd week of september.

It is going quite quickly. unlike the laptop i'm trying to fix.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Bathwiggle
Problem is lack of money to do things, although i'm going to the isle of mann at the end of this month, then away with dee for a week the 2nd week of september.

It is going quite quickly. unlike the laptop i'm trying to fix.

Poor you only being able to afford two holidays :colonhash:

I need to buy a new one but I have no money. Will do it when I get my loan and will instantly be poor :frown:
Poor you only being able to afford two holidays :colonhash:

I need to buy a new one but I have no money. Will do it when I get my loan and will instantly be poor :frown:

I can't afford it. Dee is taking me as a fill in gf, assuming he's not found someone else. He's arranged it when he was with his ex, and he knows i'll enjoy going.

Dee's laptop is filled with virus and he has never done anything to keep it running. He's broken a key on mine, so what i need to do is get his running so i can send mine back under warranty. I don't think the two of us could cope without a laptop, sad as it is.
I can't afford it. Dee is taking me as a fill in gf, assuming he's not found someone else. He's arranged it when he was with his ex, and he knows i'll enjoy going.

Dee's laptop is filled with virus and he has never done anything to keep it running. He's broken a key on mine, so what i need to do is get his running so i can send mine back under warranty. I don't think the two of us could cope without a laptop, sad as it is.

Well that's nice of him :smile:

Mine has had keys broken for nearly a year :frown:
Well that's nice of him :smile:

Mine has had keys broken for nearly a year :frown:

it is very nice of him, one of the reasons i love him to pieces :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind if it was over 6 months old...

is it just with me that the essex forum bit isn't displaying right?
it is very nice of him, one of the reasons i love him to pieces :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind if it was over 6 months old...

is it just with me that the essex forum bit isn't displaying right?

Nothing seems any different to me so yes, I would go and ask in about or something.

Mine is maybe 4/5 years old and is just not good. Sometimes it crashes if I try to open word while on the internet :facepalm2:
Nothing seems any different to me so yes, I would go and ask in about or something.

Mine is maybe 4/5 years old and is just not good. Sometimes it crashes if I try to open word while on the internet :facepalm2:

:eek: that is shocking. dee's isn't old, just ****ed. it's been scanning for 2 hours now.

i don't generally go into the forum, just come straight to this thread most of the time so i'm not too worried
:eek: that is shocking. dee's isn't old, just ****ed. it's been scanning for 2 hours now.

i don't generally go into the forum, just come straight to this thread most of the time so i'm not too worried

Still worth getting it sorted.

I'm poor so can't afford to upgrade very often/ever. Lol.
Still worth getting it sorted.

I'm poor so can't afford to upgrade very often/ever. Lol.

my pc is 8 years old. My brother gave me this laptop for xmas as he got it for being special, and he took my notebook that i'd had for ages, as he has a stupidly high spec pc.

It's amazing the support for dyslexia, sister got a mac, brother got the laptop, both got printers and loads of other bits.
my pc is 8 years old. My brother gave me this laptop for xmas as he got it for being special, and he took my notebook that i'd had for ages, as he has a stupidly high spec pc.

It's amazing the support for dyslexia, sister got a mac, brother got the laptop, both got printers and loads of other bits.

I should just go in and tell them I can't spell and therefore need a free laptop. I really don't see the logic.
I should just go in and tell them I can't spell and therefore need a free laptop. I really don't see the logic.

It is ridiculous, brat doesn't need any help at all, other than possibly a computer in the exam so that the markers can read his handwriting (imagine a spider has jumped in a pot of ink run across the page) but for him to get that he had to get the dsa.
It is ridiculous, brat doesn't need any help at all, other than possibly a computer in the exam so that the markers can read his handwriting (imagine a spider has jumped in a pot of ink run across the page) but for him to get that he had to get the dsa.

It's all *******s. Give poor people the money tbh.
It's all *******s. Give poor people the money tbh.

It's not going to happen though is it?
It's not going to happen though is it?

Eventually it will I hope. Certainly not currently.
Eventually it will I hope. Certainly not currently.

Or stop everyone who wants to uni going, and doing 'easy' courses that aren't of use? (says the person who wouldn't have got into uni on grades alone, but did a science course) and can we sort out gcse's as well and stop the MCQ's?
Or stop everyone who wants to uni going, and doing 'easy' courses that aren't of use? (says the person who wouldn't have got into uni on grades alone, but did a science course) and can we sort out gcse's as well and stop the MCQ's?

There are a great many things I would do.

I would start with:

- Removing GCSEs
- Removing private and grammar schools
- Removing and banning religious influence in education
- Implement a proper gifted and talented system allowing people to progress based on their abilities.
- Comprehensive streaming in most subjects with the possibility of going up a year(s).
There are a great many things I would do.

I would start with:

- Removing GCSEs
- Removing private and grammar schools
- Removing and banning religious influence in education
- Implement a proper gifted and talented system allowing people to progress based on their abilities.
- Comprehensive streaming in most subjects with the possibility of going up a year(s).

Teachers who can actually teach
Teachers who can actually teach

Giving them something worth teaching is as important.

Teachers should have a minimum 2:1 and should be paid more with bonuses for good performance :biggrin:
Giving them something worth teaching is as important.

Teachers should have a minimum 2:1 and should be paid more with bonuses for good performance :biggrin:

This is true. Then we get into the argument of do we need subjects such as art and drama, or should the focus be in English and Maths, and not phasing out handwriting as my cousins school appears to be doing.

And punishments that actually are enforcible, so that they are able to control a class, rather than the kids being able to do what they like without ramifications. Detention was getting pointless, as the parents would turn round and sat 'oh poor little jonny won't be able to get home, he can't do detentions'
This is true. Then we get into the argument of do we need subjects such as art and drama, or should the focus be in English and Maths, and not phasing out handwriting as my cousins school appears to be doing.

And punishments that actually are enforcible, so that they are able to control a class, rather than the kids being able to do what they like without ramifications. Detention was getting pointless, as the parents would turn round and sat 'oh poor little jonny won't be able to get home, he can't do detentions'

I don't care about hand writing but we should have those subjects yes. Education to start very very broad.

Losing breaks and lunches works much better than detentions. I set records for detentions lol.

Quick Reply