The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foulish
My store was told to shut today by police. The shop next door is apparently being looted. A 5 minute walk down the road form the shop brings me to a Jessops which is apparently on fire "/

Be safe. :frown:
Reply 9121
Original post by affinity89
Be safe. :frown:

I'm slightly concerned that I finish at 12am tommorow.
just heard a sainsburys in essex was on fire
Original post by The Mothman
just heard a sainsburys in essex was on fire

Turned out it was a Sony depot instead, that stocks Wii's for some reason.
Reply 9124
Our petrol garage was targeted. Smashed window but they didn't get in.
I have an interview in like 3 hours but
Should I tell them that I'm on holiday in two weeks and that I don't
know my sixthform time table?

Or should I simply not turn up?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DanielMartin
I have an interview in like 3 hours but
Should I tell them that I'm on holiday in two weeks and that I don't
know my sixthform time table?

Or should I simply not turn up?

Just go man, they might be able to help you.
Reply 9127
Does anyone know anything about the pay rise for this year. Last year, it was 2.3% extra on 8th of October.

I am on £6.88/hour, I assume pay rise will increase to £7.04?
It makes me question if I should even of bothered getting smart for this
interview if sainsburies are being looted globally I might aswell just get on a bus and
go and loot myself.
Original post by DanielMartin
It makes me question if I should even of bothered getting smart for this
interview if sainsburies are being looted globally I might aswell just get on a bus and
go and loot myself.

Be careful looking smart they may loot from you :eek:
Original post by black_mage
Be careful looking smart they may loot from you :eek:

IKR lol - Carrying a birth certificate, passport and N.I Card + an iphone 3g + another phone and around £10 in cash :L

I'm a prime target LOL
Reply 9131
Is this the new Sainsbury's thread?
Reply 9132
Original post by Rhomas
Is this the new Sainsbury's thread?

Lmao, it was opened in 2007 :biggrin: veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old.
I am feeling quite overwhelmed by the riots in Manchester tonight. Being my hometown, being where I am living right now, raises the impact 10-fold. :frown:

One of the Sainsbury's local stores in the city centre was attacked, despite it being relatively out of the way. The images show children, as young as 10, stealing alcohol. I just hope there were no staff in there to get hurt...

Stay safe everyone!
Had 2 Code 10's tonight in my 4 hour shift.
It was quite amusing, although that's nothing compared to being at work in the middle of a riot! feel sorry for all those workers...
Reply 9135
I asked my line manager about me needing to apply for a dual store spot. And apparently i need to hand in a written notice to HR? Does anyone know what this needs to say? Just saves me going in early tomorrow, cheers in advance.
Original post by Swell
I asked my line manager about me needing to apply for a dual store spot. And apparently i need to hand in a written notice to HR? Does anyone know what this needs to say? Just saves me going in early tomorrow, cheers in advance.

In our store, you need a short paragraph just saying that you would like a dual contract and why, I'm guessing for uni? Then which store(s) you're looking to dual store with, what hours you'd be able to work and how many you'd like and which date you'll be leaving your current store :smile:
Original post by mohsanrabbani
trying to transfer sainsburys finding it impossible, any one successfully transferd?

I agree, Ive found a job in a store closer to me. Noone seems to be able to help me, they say apply on line, my existing store dont want to know cos they short staff and dont want me to go. HR haven't helped me either! Any advice please?
Original post by flipshot
That normally means there are no jobs matching your search.

There are loads of jobs matching my criteria, Ive spoken to lots of people who tell me they have tried to apply but the site crashes or does not return results
hey guys i applied was filling an online application for sainsburys. I clicked on submit but nothing happened, so I clicked submit again and it took me to the "error" page.

I went to my application history page and it says "application in progress". Does this mean it was sent? Am i supposed to receive an acknowledgement email?

Latest

Trending

Trending