The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeicSmiv
Mines just changed to processing, applied on the 28th march. I've also had another choice added to my list, I applied for Victoria Halls and Opal 1, Devonshire courtyard has been added for me.

Any idea what this means? Maybe we were meant to pick 3 and only picked two, and to progress the application they had to add another? :s
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by Mattyrewls22

Original post by Mattyrewls22
Any idea what this means? Maybe we were meant to pick 3 and only picked two, and to progress the application they had to add another? :s

Mine still only has 2 choices and changed to processing on Friday. Don't want to be a downer but maybe they've allocated you to the residence that they've put as your third choice? I can't see a reason why they would otherwise :s-smilie:
Reply 302
Original post by _Mazza_
Mine still only has 2 choices and changed to processing on Friday. Don't want to be a downer but maybe they've allocated you to the residence that they've put as your third choice? I can't see a reason why they would otherwise :s-smilie:

Mines the same, changed to Processing this afternoon but no 3rd choice has been added, maybe those (lets hope not) that got a 3rd choice is where they have been allocated to due to the high number of applicants to the other choices they had?
Reply 303
Original post by _Mazza_

I suppose we'll find out when the paper work arrives, I'll be just glad when it's sorted.
Reply 304
I suppose we'll find out when the paper work arrives, I'll be just glad when it's sorted.

Well Devonshire courtyard was added to the choices after the accommodation applications website went active, so I imagine it is undersubscribed. It has some negative reviews but looks pretty modern and the location is great, near Victoria Halls, also it's cheap. I would have probably had it as my second choice instead of the forge if I had seen it when I applied :smile:
Reply 305
Original post by _Mazza_
Well Devonshire courtyard was added to the choices after the accommodation applications website went active, so I imagine it is undersubscribed. It has some negative reviews but looks pretty modern and the location is great, near Victoria Halls, also it's cheap. I would have probably had it as my second choice instead of the forge if I had seen it when I applied :smile:

Yes I've been pretty impressed with the pics i've seen and the location, some parts look a bit small but never mind. Makes the crawl home a bit easier :wink: pub underneath it as well, according to google maps.
Reply 306
Yes I've been pretty impressed with the pics i've seen and the location, some parts look a bit small but never mind. Makes the crawl home a bit easier :wink: pub underneath it as well, according to google maps.

Haha would be quality with an adjoining pub, as long as it's not too rowdy late at night.
well mine still say awaiting allocation .. with no 3rd choice added ¬¬ and I applied for Victoria Halls and the forge ..
I cba to wait anymore .. plus ... was they actually anwhere on the application where your ment to say if you want an en suite .. cause i couldnt see anything .. now im worried just incase i dont get an en suite :frown:
Reply 308
Original post by LucyMadelaine
well mine still say awaiting allocation .. with no 3rd choice added ¬¬ and I applied for Victoria Halls and the forge ..
I cba to wait anymore .. plus ... was they actually anwhere on the application where your ment to say if you want an en suite .. cause i couldnt see anything .. now im worried just incase i dont get an en suite :frown:

My third choice came through as it changed to processing, there's still plenty of people waiting, most haven't got their results yet. I know it doesn't make it any better for you, it's terrible having to wait but I'm sure once it comes through you'll have en suite and all that.
Reply 309

I am identically the same. Its getting a bit of a joke really. My friend applied in May and they are in victoria halls. Takes the piss a bit. :confused:
Reply 310
Mine came through today, submited on 22/02/2011 Victoria halls, flat q6 room 1
Reply 311
Original post by Shawn_92
Mine came through today, submited on 22/02/2011 Victoria halls, flat q6 room 1

Mine came through as well, Victoria Halls Q3, bit annoyed though as I said I wanted a single or 3/4 room and they've allocated me a double room. No point asking for another room though cos I'd probably end up in exchange works or something.

Overall pretty happy though :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by _Mazza_
Mine came through as well, Victoria Halls Q3, bit annoyed though as I said I wanted a single or 3/4 room and they've allocated me a double room. No point asking for another room though cos I'd probably end up in exchange works or something.

Overall pretty happy though :smile:

Could always try find someone to swap who didn't get what they wanted later on. By the way how much is the Double room?
ohh right , so they was nothing you had to click or say if you wanted an en suite on the application :/ hmm

well i put im willing to pay up £100 price . so i thought that would cover the fact i wanted an en suite soo :/ god knows
Reply 314
Original post by wangelo
Could always try find someone to swap who didn't get what they wanted later on. By the way how much is the Double room?

It's £97 a week, £4074 total, so about the same as the Forge's cheapest room, which isn't too bad if you look at it that way.

ohh right , so they was nothing you had to click or say if you wanted an en suite on the application :/ hmm

well i put im willing to pay up £100 price . so i thought that would cover the fact i wanted an en suite soo :/ god knows

I put £100 and put in the notes that I didn't want to spend more than £95 and would prefer a single room, they gave me a double at £97 lol.

Which choices did you make? In a lot of blocks the only option offered is en suite.
Reply 315

I did the same as you and in the additional information requested an en suite and described why I needed one, if I don't get an en suite i'm going to be annoyed because its mostly because of a health problem. Single Rooms with ensuite were £87 per week on the website but now seems they've gone up to £91.

Original post by _Mazza_
It's £97 a week, £4074 total, so about the same as the Forge's cheapest room, which isn't too bad if you look at it that way.

Oh that's not too bad, is the ensuite or not? Guessing not?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 316
Original post by wangelo

Original post by wangelo
I did the same as you and in the additional information requested an en suite and described why I needed one, if I don't get an en suite i'm going to be annoyed because its mostly because of a health problem. Single Rooms with ensuite were £87 per week on the website but now seems they've gone up to £91.

Oh that's not too bad, is the ensuite or not? Guessing not?

Yeah it is, all Victoria Hall rooms are en-suite thankfully :smile:
Reply 317
Did everyone's status change to processing before there contracts came?
Reply 318
Original post by _Mazza_
Yeah it is, all Victoria Hall rooms are en-suite thankfully :smile:

Oh I didn't know that, makes me less worried. :P
I had a 3rd choice added to my application and thats the residence I got, don't want to worry people who had their hearts set on their top 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending