University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Alex.Woolf

Original post by Alex.Woolf
I'll jump to your defence Dan by saying trust me, I have lived with loads of nursing students and they are definitely NOT party animals! ''can you turn that down please?'' eurgh

I must be in the minority then! Work hard, play hard :wink:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by geztival
I must be in the minority then! Work hard, play hard :wink:

You've won me over now
Reply 142
Just got an accommodation offer for John Lester. :biggrin:

Original post by DanWarbo
Hi, decided (VERY late I know) to apply for accomodation, but apparently everywhere but John Lester and Eddie Colman are full. What do people think about them? They seem to be mainly pitched at non-partying healthcare students - two catagories I don't fall into ;-)

I wouldn't say that. I've spoken to people who've lived there before and they said it was very lively. Plus there are large communal rooms and stuff. :biggrin:
msc molecular parasitology an vector biology starting in sept if theres any other life science people around

staying at IQ shelley 7 :smile:
Reply 144
Hiya,

I am going to be studying nursing and social work, (learning disabilities). I hope all of you the best of luck with your courses and maybe see you there and if you want to talk before hand please feel free. It would be nice to know some people before going :smile: maybe add me on facebook? my name is Sally Rowse.
Reply 145
Original post by k3ro
Just got an accommodation offer for John Lester. :biggrin:

I wouldn't say that. I've spoken to people who've lived there before and they said it was very lively. Plus there are large communal rooms and stuff. :biggrin:

I also got an offer from John Lester, accepted it yesterday and I'm now absolutely skint! haha. Good to know that it's not as quiet and (dare I say it) boring as some people on this site have said it is! :tongue: I'm sociable and want to be with people who wanna have fun and a laugh, as well as studying
Reply 146
I also got an offer from John Lester, accepted it yesterday and I'm now absolutely skint! haha. Good to know that it's not as quiet and (dare I say it) boring as some people on this site have said it is! :tongue: I'm sociable and want to be with people who wanna have fun and a laugh, as well as studying

Oh, awesome. :biggrin:! I have an offer but I have yet to accept it.. Waiting for my money to go into my bank (should be Monday) so I can pay the deposit.

Do they let you know which floor/room you're staying in? Or dya find out on the day?

Nah, I don't think it'll be quiet and boring. The photos look nice and I've spoken to a few people who have all said it's really nice there. I think it'll be a nice mix.. Because although I wanna go out and have fun, I don't wanna be kept up every night for months, lol.
Reply 147

Original post by k3ro
Oh, awesome. :biggrin:! I have an offer but I have yet to accept it.. Waiting for my money to go into my bank (should be Monday) so I can pay the deposit.

Do they let you know which floor/room you're staying in? Or dya find out on the day?

Nah, I don't think it'll be quiet and boring. The photos look nice and I've spoken to a few people who have all said it's really nice there. I think it'll be a nice mix.. Because although I wanna go out and have fun, I don't wanna be kept up every night for months, lol.

Nice one. What course are you doing? No, they haven't said what floor/room I've got, just that a room has been reserved...I assume we'll find out once everyone has been given/accepted an offer. I did have a dream last night that I was put on the 3rd floor and my room didn't even have a window :confused: of all the things to dream about! ha. And yes a happy medium would be awesome tbh, not party central, but not like a library either :smile:
Reply 148
Nice one. What course are you doing? No, they haven't said what floor/room I've got, just that a room has been reserved...I assume we'll find out once everyone has been given/accepted an offer. I did have a dream last night that I was put on the 3rd floor and my room didn't even have a window :confused: of all the things to dream about! ha. And yes a happy medium would be awesome tbh, not party central, but not like a library either :smile:

Physics (with studies in North America). If I remember rightly.. You're doing mental health nursing? Sooo excited for the course, but really nervous for the first week.. I'm not really a girly-girl so I think I might be a bit out of place when it comes to clubbing and stuff. :s-smilie: Hoping I'm with nice people, rofl.

And haha, nice dream. Mine was similar but I had a room on an insanely high floor (like 34893493th or something haha) and the elevator was broken.. What a weird dream, lmfao.
Reply 149
heyy :smile: anyone in House 23 in Castle Irwel? :smile:
Reply 150

Original post by k3ro
Physics (with studies in North America). If I remember rightly.. You're doing mental health nursing? Sooo excited for the course, but really nervous for the first week.. I'm not really a girly-girl so I think I might be a bit out of place when it comes to clubbing and stuff. :s-smilie: Hoping I'm with nice people, rofl.

And haha, nice dream. Mine was similar but I had a room on an insanely high floor (like 34893493th or something haha) and the elevator was broken.. What a weird dream, lmfao.

Is it too late to get a refund on John Lester? Just saw the Salford Precinct riot thingy on the news with JL in the background hahaha! My excellent taste prevails again :tongue: Hopefully things will be resolved before the big move in next month
Reply 151
Is it too late to get a refund on John Lester? Just saw the Salford Precinct riot thingy on the news with JL in the background hahaha! My excellent taste prevails again :tongue: Hopefully things will be resolved before the big move in next month

LMFAO I know right! I'm sat here like: :mad: Of course it would happen now..

Tbh, I think in 30 days everything will have cooled down by then.
Reply 152

Original post by k3ro
LMFAO I know right! I'm sat here like: :mad: Of course it would happen now..

Tbh, I think in 30 days everything will have cooled down by then.

Just seen pictures on twitter of the fire at the shopping precinct and Lidl :frown: best get googling other supermarkets nearby! lol

Yeah should have calmed down. I hate how people have to spoil things though
Reply 153
Just seen pictures on twitter of the fire at the shopping precinct and Lidl :frown: best get googling other supermarkets nearby! lol

Yeah should have calmed down. I hate how people have to spoil things though

I know.. That shopping centre was decent as well. :frown: Most likely won't happen, but I'm ****ing scared that salford uni will get targeted!

I hope the fire gets controlled before it becomes huge and demolishes everything entirely...
Reply 154

Original post by k3ro
I know.. That shopping centre was decent as well. :frown: Most likely won't happen, but I'm ****ing scared that salford uni will get targeted!
I hope the fire gets controlled before it becomes huge and demolishes everything entirely...

Yeah it was ok when I had a look round the other day (Tesco, Wilko what more d'ya need :tongue:). I'm sure the uni will be fine, but yeah that thought crossed my mind too :frown:

And my god the news are soooo behind on what's cracking off, I'm getting all this of bloomin Twitter! lol
Reply 155
Yeah it was ok when I had a look round the other day (Tesco, Wilko what more d'ya need :tongue:). I'm sure the uni will be fine, but yeah that thought crossed my mind too :frown:

And my god the news are soooo behind on what's cracking off, I'm getting all this of bloomin Twitter! lol

Lol yeah... Apparently the shopping centre has been controlled & is secure now. I think the majority of it has calmed down now... I hope so, anyway.
Original post by Vike
heyy :smile: anyone in House 23 in Castle Irwel? :smile:

NO! but im in house 27, that's fairly close i suppose :P
Hi everyone,

My name is Sophie and I was a student at Salford University last year and have now landed a job working for the Salford Student Union.

Check out our website and feel free to ask me any questions about student life at Salford.

http://www.salfordstudents.com

You can find out what is going on at Welcome Week September 2011 if you follow this link:

http://www.salfordstudents.com/welcome

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting you all

Sophie:colondollar:
Reply 158
This is a Horlock Court 2011-2012 Freshers Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horlock-Court-2011-2012/205679346154667
Original post by k3ro

Last year I rang Bramall reception once I was confirmed and I got told which room I'd be in

It's not that bad an area. There are some bits you might be best avoiding on your own, although I never had any trouble there. It's mostly around Peel Park, there's a short cut to Bramall (where I lived last year). Apparently a few people had their phones stolen, but I walked that way after dark quite a lot alone and when I did see some chavs they just left me alone. But apparently I'm scary (I think it's the accent). From JL to uni is fine though, you shouldn't get any trouble there.

I'm living on the other side of the precinct this year too, I'd rather live there than Bramall

Original post by k3ro
That shopping centre was decent as well

No. No it isn't. The woman in Wilko thought I was mental when I bought a load of plastercine there last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending