The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Original post by accomoffice
Hi, if you PM me your name, I can check for you (it will have to be in the next couple of hours or I won't be able to find out until Monday)
However, if you only turned unconditional since about 15 July, then we will deal with you along with the conditional students after August 19

Just to confirm I PM'ed you after I saw this on Friday, totally too late but I hope you can find out soon :] Thanks for your help!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2701
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know (assuming our offers are met) when confirmation of accommodation comes through?

If you're unconditional, you should have heard by now and if you're conditional, you'll hear sometime after results day on 18th August.
My offer turned unconditional last week; does this mean I have to wait until after the 18th August for confirmation or could it be sooner?
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
My offer turned unconditional last week; does this mean I have to wait until after the 18th August for confirmation or could it be sooner?

You have to wait until after 18 August, I'm afraid. We set aside a quota of rooms for unconditional students so the only way we can treat fairly people who turn unconditional after everyone else, is to allocate them along with the A level students.
You have to wait until after 18 August, I'm afraid. We set aside a quota of rooms for unconditional students so the only way we can treat fairly people who turn unconditional after everyone else, is to allocate them along with the A level students.

Fair enough :smile: It's pretty soon anyway!
Reply 2705
Hello,

I have applied for the university accommodation before 1 July, but my ielts results will be only in the beginning of September. Now I have a conditional.
Will I get some kind of a living place? Hope not the most expensive one?..

Thanks.
Reply 2706
Original post by juza
Hello,

I have applied for the university accommodation before 1 July, but my ielts results will be only in the beginning of September. Now I have a conditional.
Will I get some kind of a living place? Hope not the most expensive one?..

Thanks.

I believe so
Reply 2707

Out of curiosity, what if in the second year i'd like to stay in halls again? What's the probability of me getting halls? I know you set aside a certain quota, but do many second year students live in halls? and what quota is set aside for them?

I'm just wondering as I may like the social side of halls :tongue: Future planning and all that jazz
Reply 2708
Original post by Lovin
Out of curiosity, what if in the second year i'd like to stay in halls again? What's the probability of me getting halls? I know you set aside a certain quota, but do many second year students live in halls? and what quota is set aside for them?

I'm just wondering as I may like the social side of halls :tongue: Future planning and all that jazz

If you want to live in halls again after first year, you have to get an application form from the accom website and either hand it in at the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff building or send it to them online by a certain deadline, which was 1st April this year. you have to pay £100 when you send the application form in which will make up half of your deposit when you get an accom offer. If you don't get an accom offer, then you get the £100 back, but if they make you an offer which you turn down then you don't get the money back.

You'll find out whether you have a place in halls, and which room, sometime in May or June, I found out towards the end of May. When you apply, you can specify which hall you want and even a specific room if there is one, you also get a second choice, but you can't choose a room for this, only a hall.
Reply 2709
Original post by Gemini92
If you want to live in halls again after first year, you have to get an application form from the accom website and either hand it in at the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff building or send it to them online by a certain deadline, which was 1st April this year. you have to pay £100 when you send the application form in which will make up half of your deposit when you get an accom offer. If you don't get an accom offer, then you get the £100 back, but if they make you an offer which you turn down then you don't get the money back.

You'll find out whether you have a place in halls, and which room, sometime in May or June, I found out towards the end of May. When you apply, you can specify which hall you want and even a specific room if there is one, you also get a second choice, but you can't choose a room for this, only a hall.

Ahhh ok. Thanks hun :smile: This will be my first year but I was just wondering how you would go about it for next year. Thank you :smile:
Reply 2710
Original post by Lovin
Ahhh ok. Thanks hun :smile: This will be my first year but I was just wondering how you would go about it for next year. Thank you :smile:

Here's the page on the uni website that explains it, if you want more info.
Reply 2711
Original post by Gemini92
Here's the page on the uni website that explains it, if you want more info.

Thank you :smile: remind me to give you some rep, I have apparently reached my limit for today :smile:
I'm in Oxley House 7.04. Whats the difference between Oxley House and the different blocks? Which is better to live in?

I am a 25 year old law student coming from Canada and will be playing on the basketball team. Does this sound like a good residence for me?
Reply 2713
dmz, I swear you're naturally drawn to the symbol! You can't help but flirt with them :biggrin:
Reply 2714
Original post by Xabi17
dmz, I swear you're naturally drawn to the symbol! You can't help but flirt with them :biggrin:

Ha, you noticed? lol, i noticed that the other day, when ever i go away somewhere gotta be someone i'm working on, might need a therapist methinks, lol. Gotta love girls though :wink:
Reply 2715
Original post by dmz
Ha, you noticed? lol, i noticed that the other day, when ever i go away somewhere gotta be someone i'm working on, might need a therapist methinks, lol. Gotta love girls though :wink:

Didn't say I didn't! :wink:

The chase is funner than anything, aha
Reply 2716
Original post by Xabi17
Didn't say I didn't! :wink:

The chase is funner than anything, aha

:laugh:

Most of the time :yep:
Original post by cannella
What room have you been given? I'm in Oxley House. :biggrin:

Hey :smile: I'm in Block G - went up to visit today and the grounds are really nice! What course are you doing? :smile:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Yeah, I'm hopefully going to be in Clarence Dock so i hope most people move in on the weekend! So I'm not alone and having celebratory drinks alone haha! :smile:

I have also applied for Clarence Dock and I live in Newcastle now, something in common!
Original post by xxstace123xx
I have also applied for Clarence Dock and I live in Newcastle now, something in common!

Oh really! That's so weird! I hope we get in :smile:
Are you waiting for Thursday for results?x

Latest