The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Sapa
Hey people

I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any Universities that offer some sort of graduate entry program for Pharmacy or an accerlerated program which enables me to join onto the second year? I've been searching and I can't find one!

Ive almost finished doing a biochemistry degree expecting either a first or 2.1

Thanks

why dont you juat do medicine ?
Reply 2
Its just not that easy. Initially my plan was to apply as a graduate for medicine however as Im sure you know; its extreamly competitive.
Reply 3
Original post by Sapa
Its just not that easy. Initially my plan was to apply as a graduate for medicine however as Im sure you know; its extreamly competitive.

thats my plan after pharmacy lol....but i would give it a go if i were you.
Original post by taio
thats my plan after pharmacy lol....but i would give it a go if i were you.

i didn't know you could do that after pharmacy.. wow
Reply 5
Original post by nessa17licaria
i didn't know you could do that after pharmacy.. wow

well if you get on to the course?
Original post by taio
well if you get on to the course?

are you on you last year of pharmacy? well 'cause i've applied for pharmacy, how difficult/easy is it?
Reply 7
Original post by nessa17licaria
are you on you last year of pharmacy? Well 'cause i've applied for pharmacy, how difficult/easy is it?

im going to be starting lol
Original post by taio
im going to be starting lol

lol i see, which uni?
Original post by Sapa
Hey people

I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any Universities that offer some sort of graduate entry program for Pharmacy or an accerlerated program which enables me to join onto the second year? I've been searching and I can't find one!

Ive almost finished doing a biochemistry degree expecting either a first or 2.1

Thanks

There is no such thing as graduate entry pharmacy. I made a thread about this before:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1123220

If there is some overlap, you can apply for entry into 2nd year pharmacy but you will have to speak to the individual universities. Even if you do three years, you will have to fund yourself completely as the SLC do not fund second degrees, so this will be very expensive.
Reply 10
Just as Seham said, there is no accelerated course for Pharmacy the full four-year Mpharm course has to be done. A transfer is only possible if you're already studying pharmacy at a diff uni.
Reply 11
Thanks for all your comments

Original post by Seham
There is no such thing as graduate entry pharmacy. I made a thread about this before:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1123220

If there is some overlap, you can apply for entry into 2nd year pharmacy but you will have to speak to the individual universities. Even if you do three years, you will have to fund yourself completely as the SLC do not fund second degrees, so this will be very expensive.

Thanks for the link. Just out of curiosity, what did you do after your chemistry degree, have you continued to study further?
Original post by Sapa
Thanks for all your comments

Thanks for the link. Just out of curiosity, what did you do after your chemistry degree, have you continued to study further?

Well if you look in my sig, you will see that I'm going to start graduate entry medicine at Cambridge in September. :smile:
Original post by Ralpharm
Just as Seham said, there is no accelerated course for Pharmacy the full four-year Mpharm course has to be done. A transfer is only possible if you're already studying pharmacy at a diff uni.

Not true!:tongue:

Strathclyde allow 'suitably qualified' graduates to start straight on the second year if they have space, though I believe they are the only Uni to do this. I am a chemistry graduate and will start directly on the 2nd year of the MPharm in September at Strathclyde (and I'm not the only one on this forum to be doing so).

MP
Reply 14
Original post by MaturePharm

Strathclyde allow 'suitably qualified' graduates to start straight on the second year if they have space, though I believe they are the only Uni to do this. I am a chemistry graduate and will start directly on the 2nd year of the MPharm in September at Strathclyde (and I'm not the only one on this forum to be doing so).

MP

i did 2 years of chemistry at degree level, would that count? mind you i bet its too late for this year! how did you go about applying if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Liverpool John Moores allow Grads in, and sometimes directly into 2nd year. You have done biomed so you could get in to 2nd year, but you may be invited to join in 1st year.

Contact this person, the admissions tutor: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/PBS/115947.htm
Original post by Pokéfan
i did 2 years of chemistry at degree level, would that count? mind you i bet its too late for this year! how did you go about applying if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

You just apply via UCAS in the usual manner. If you already have a degree then they automatically consider you for entry on to the 2nd year. I contacted them before applying to clarify the situation and they said they can't guarantee 2nd year entry for anyone as it depends on having free spaces at the start of the 2nd year (presumably due to people dropping out during the first year). When they know how many spaces they have they look at the graduate applicants and decide who to offer 2nd year entry. Those chosen received an e-mail last week offering it.

MP
Reply 17
You just apply via UCAS in the usual manner. If you already have a degree then they automatically consider you for entry on to the 2nd year. I contacted them before applying to clarify the situation and they said they can't guarantee 2nd year entry for anyone as it depends on having free spaces at the start of the 2nd year (presumably due to people dropping out during the first year). When they know how many spaces they have they look at the graduate applicants and decide who to offer 2nd year entry. Those chosen received an e-mail last week offering it.

MP

ah ok! thanks for that, i might inquire to see where i stand! :smile:
Reply 18

MP

LOL sorry! :tongue:

Just assumed every uni will be the same, I asked a lecturer at UEA once
Reply 19
Hi this sounds awesome who do i speak to about second year transfer?

Latest

Trending

Trending