The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by SabreT
I've pretty much exhausted all the resources on my college and subject as well!

The one disadvantage of having an unconditional offer (for me anyway) is that Cambridge no longer feels even remotely special. When people asked me enthusiastically 'are you excited' my response went from 'I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT!! :nuts:' in January to 'meh.... the novelty has worn off, want to start already :sigh:' in July. lol.

Whilst the initial excitement of seeing this:

when I logged into UCAS a few days ago has admittedly died down, I can't say that the novelty of being a future Cambridge student has worn off!

I even drove there a couple of weeks ago with a friend who used to go to Cambridge - got to see all the sights and got a nice tour Christ's and Kings Colleges and enjoyed some rather delicious fresh, warm fudge from the fudge kitchen on Kings Parade (I'm going to get so fat when I get to Cambridge, omnomnom!)

Just 50 days to go now!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2181
Original post by emma1701

the only thing I can plan for is the purge of everthing I own that ever said 'Cambridge' on it if Thursday all goes wrong..
:cry2:

Awww! *hug* C'mon, positive mental attitude!

I'm sure you've made your grades. Focus on how insanely amazing it will be to be at Cambridge in just over 7 weeks!

Feel better?
Reply 2182
yeah fair enough.. still, must be nice to know what your going to be doing with your life after the 18th...
the only thing I can plan for is the purge of everthing I own that ever said 'Cambridge' on it if Thursday all goes wrong..
:cry2:

I'm >99% sure I've missed my offer - I won't be specifically getting rid of anything Cambridge-related, though... Especially my offer letter, I'm quite proud of that actually. :cool: :tongue:
Original post by Zuzuzu
I'm >99% sure I've missed my offer - I won't be specifically getting rid of anything Cambridge-related, though... Especially my offer letter, I'm quite proud of that actually. :cool: :tongue:

What time are you ringging up your college crying, I'm going to leave it to about 10:30 :smile:

BEST OF LUCK!
Reply 2184
Original post by TomU
Awww! *hug* C'mon, positive mental attitude!

I'm sure you've made your grades. Focus on how insanely amazing it will be to be at Cambridge in just over 7 weeks!

Feel better?

yeah... cheers babe :redface:

congrats on your grades though!! what college you headed for?
Reply 2185
Original post by Zuzuzu

:smile: same considering my offer letter is currently one of my most prized possessions, (it's been stuck to my fridge for the past seven months), I highly doubt it will be going anywhere.. no matter how badly the 18th goes..
at least we'll always have a nice reminder that it was nice while it lasted eh :wink:
Reply 2186
Original post by SaturnineDragonfly

Original post by SaturnineDragonfly
:^_^:

Depending on how results go on next Thursday, either A) ECSTATIC :biggrin:; OR
B) Slightly Suicidal with the only consoling factor being that if I do end up going to Manchester, at least I'll be saving a few thousand pounds a year...

(PLEASE LET IT NOT BE OPTION B, GOD! PLEAAAASE.)
Reply 2187
Original post by Zuzuzu

:smile: same considering my offer letter is currently one of my most prized possessions, (it's been stuck to my fridge for the past seven months), I highly doubt it will be going anywhere.. no matter how badly the 18th goes..
at least we'll always have a nice reminder that it was nice while it lasted eh :wink:

Don't laugh... but I took my offer letter with me on holiday to show my grandparents :biggrin:
They were so happy that my Grandma even started crying, bless her xD

Getting the offer is one of the hardest parts of the whole Oxbridge thing I think, so even if people don't meet their offers, just getting one is a feat in itself - we should be proud that we did! :smile:
Reply 2188
Original post by TomU

when I logged into UCAS a few days ago has admittedly died down, I can't say that the novelty of being a future Cambridge student has worn off!

I even drove there a couple of weeks ago with a friend who used to go to Cambridge - got to see all the sights and got a nice tour Christ's and Kings Colleges and enjoyed some rather delicious fresh, warm fudge from the fudge kitchen on Kings Parade (I'm going to get so fat when I get to Cambridge, omnomnom!)

Just 50 days to go now!

DID YOU HAVE TO SHOW THAT :colone:

Now i want to see that same thing on my UCAS sooon :redface:

Cambridge! :colondollar:
Reply 2189
Original post by anttooking
What time are you ringging up your college crying, I'm going to leave it to about 10:30 :smile:

BEST OF LUCK!

If I get 2,2 or below, probably sometime in the afternoon on the off chance they've got a place spare.

1,2 or 1,3, probably around about half 10, aye.

And crying down the phone?? Get a grip, man. :tongue:
Does it say something about my character that what I am currently looking forwards to most in all of Cambridge is the fudge?
Reply 2191
yeah... cheers babe :redface:

congrats on your grades though!! what college you headed for?

Hughes Hall - apparently the one where nobody knows where it is - good because there's no tourists taking photos through your bedroom windows, but bad because it's supposedly hard to explain to people where it is - despite the fact it's literally right next door to Kelsey Kerridge Sports Centre and only a 5 minute walk across Parker's Piece from the town.

Original post by jsadapa1
DID YOU HAVE TO SHOW THAT :colone:

Hehe, just think of it as a preview of what you'll see yourself in a week or so!

Original post by a daedalus
Does it say something about my character that what I am currently looking forwards to most in all of Cambridge is the fudge?

The fudge kitchen is amazing. +rep for you for good taste. Omnomnomnom. I can't wait!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anttooking

BEST OF LUCK!

If I get 1,2 and track is still conditional will call around 9.30, forget all shame and cry!!!

If less, will prepare for kings and call them in the afternoon
Original post by TomU

Just 50 days to go now!

I did NOT realise that that's what it looks like when your place is confirmed! D: I was preparing to log onto UCAS and have to look on the choices bit before finding out - thank god you posted that; I'd have been in for a massive shock, otherwise. :tongue: Congrats on your place!
Reply 2194
Does anyone know what time admissions offices open at? I get my results at 7am, but I'm guessing nobody's going to be in an office at that time, so would I have to wait until a slightly more respectable time before I lose any dignity I have left and start begging...
Does anyone know what time admissions offices open at? I get my results at 7am, but I'm guessing nobody's going to be in an office at that time, so would I have to wait until a slightly more respectable time before I lose any dignity I have left and start begging...

I would say about 9ish
Reply 2196
Original post by a daedalus

No... isn't that why everyone applies? :u:

That's why I applied anyway ^_^
It's always about the fudge. Probably the first thing I'll do if I get down there is go buy masses and stash it in my room... for sharing... obviously. Ahem :colondollar:
On the topic of fudge: a big block from the Fudge Kitchen (or a similar size bag of sweets from Mr Simms) is the standard apology present for getting too drunk...

:biggrin:
Original post by SoapyDish
On the topic of fudge: a big block from the Fudge Kitchen (or a similar size bag of sweets from Mr Simms) is the standard apology present for getting too drunk...

:biggrin:

A "thank you" used to be a cupcake from Fitzbillies. I wonder if it's reopened yet... :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending