The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OK, my test is 2 days away and i saw these recent posts so thought i'd buy this ukpo thing.

I payed for the abstract and got all the sections, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been charged...
Reply 6441
Original post by Straight up G
Sheffield gave many AAB offers last year and I've been told it's highly likely that they will again this year,

On their website it's AAA.

They needed to raise grade requirements really, they had lots of applicants this year which was why the UKCAT cut off jumped so high compared with the last few years. UKCAT couldn't go much higher so it's easier for them to raise the grade requirements.
(edited 12 years ago)
My UKCAT motivation has dropped to sub-zero levels for the past 48 hours...

:eek:

I want this to be overrrrrr!
Original post by Loulibelle
My UKCAT motivation has dropped to sub-zero levels for the past 48 hours...

:eek:

I want this to be overrrrrr!

Don't worry so much about the UKCAT. At the end of the day, it is an aptitude test.
Original post by digitalis

Don't worry so much about the UKCAT. At the end of the day, it is an aptitude test.

Better to have nightmares over PS, right?! :smile:
Better to have nightmares over PS, right?! :smile:

Yup!:smile:

Yup!:smile:

Tell me about it!! I spent hours on it yesterday and by the time I'd finished I'd read through it so many times it wasn't even making sense to me anymore....

You know like when you say a word too many times and it just loses meaning!!
Tell me about it!! I spent hours on it yesterday and by the time I'd finished I'd read through it so many times it wasn't even making sense to me anymore....

You know like when you say a word too many times and it just loses meaning!!

I just tend to have sudden sentences form in my mind that I want to include in my PS when I'm about to go to sleep or at college or something XD So I'd recommend having a notepad or something nearby so you can write them down. Often, (with me anyway), my best sentences come to me when I'm not even considering writing my PS :tongue:
Original post by Joseppea

I just tend to have sudden sentences form in my mind that I want to include in my PS when I'm about to go to sleep or at college or something XD So I'd recommend having a notepad or something nearby so you can write them down. Often, (with me anyway), my best sentences come to me when I'm not even considering writing my PS :tongue:

Good idea! Thanks :biggrin: x
Reply 6449

Haha same! When I'm drifting off to sleep, I suddenly think of something to put in my ps. During the day, I just tend to sit blankly at my ps with nothing to write :colonhash: How's ukcat revision going? I have mine in 10 days. :redface:
Reply 6450
Theres only so much you can improve your UKCAT score - It is an aptitude test. You just need to get used to the timing and style of the questions. BMAT is the one you can go mad with preparation for. :tongue:
Original post by brionyak
I havent even tried doing QR and AR in the time limit its just not possible.

Agreed.
Tried doing QR questions from the 600Q book within the time limit today.
In the time I was meant to do 40, I did...18?
Original post by WoefullyUninspired
Agreed.
Tried doing QR questions from the 600Q book within the time limit today.
In the time I was meant to do 40, I did...18?

Yeah - one of my friends has already done his UKCAT and he said the QR section was a lottttt easier than the one in the 600 Q book!

Not sure about others though - AR (from the 600 Q book) is killing my morale :cry:
Original post by thegodofgod

Original post by thegodofgod
Yeah - one of my friends has already done his UKCAT and he said the QR section was a lottttt easier than the one in the 600 Q book!

Not sure about others though - AR (from the 600 Q book) is killing my morale :cry:

Don't let the 600Q book defeat you!! In my opinion it's much harder for AR and QR than it needs to be...

None of the other materials I've used were that hard.

The practice test in the back of the book is much easier :smile:
Reply 6454
What is wrong with DA seriously, how does 'Personal Special Opposite Man' not translate to wife? This is in an exercise in the 600Q book, on the 2 useful additions, and it says the word 'spouse' would be needed to translate the word 'wife' in their given sentence, surely I just translated it without using 'spouse'?
Original post by Nator
What is wrong with DA seriously, how does 'Personal Special Opposite Man' not translate to wife? This is in an exercise in the 600Q book, on the 2 useful additions, and it says the word 'spouse' would be needed to translate the word 'wife' in their given sentence, surely I just translated it without using 'spouse'?

It could well be girlfriend.

Think outside the box, Nate Dogg (jk, which question in the book is it?). Thought you had work exp?
Reply 6456
Original post by Straight up G
It could well be girlfriend.

Think outside the box, Nate Dogg (jk, which question in the book is it?). Thought you had work exp?

True say, but surely it could work just as the inverse would work for husband?

And haha :laugh: Will tell you later on MSN or something, meant to be working lmao, was doing some on my tube journey lol :biggrin:
So is anyone going to be taking the BMAT as well?
Anyone applying for medicine to Oxford or Cambridge?! Have heard there are good tutoring companies who give you mock interviews and stuff for Oxbridge, anyone had any experience?
My friend got in last year with a tutor from oxbridgemedicine.com and said they were really good! but not really sure if ive got the time! advice?!
Original post by stephanietbrown
Anyone applying for medicine to Oxford or Cambridge?! Have heard there are good tutoring companies who give you mock interviews and stuff for Oxbridge, anyone had any experience?
My friend got in last year with a tutor from oxbridgemedicine.com and said they were really good! but not really sure if ive got the time! advice?!

My sister did a Dr Prep course which was basically one day of discussion and then a mock interview the next day. It wasn't specifically aimed at Oxbridge and I think my sister found it more useful for Nottingham. Our school did one general mock interview that was no use whatsoever!

She got into Cambridge anyway so I don't think they are necessary.

Latest

Trending

Trending