The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

university of bradford?

hey anyone applied to university of bradford in 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeh me i thought i was the only 1 nice to know there is someone
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
i have applied for radiography
Reply 3
i go there :smile:
Original post by nashas3
i go there :smile:

what u studying? what's it like there? did u move or live there before?
Reply 5
Original post by dreaminchicken
what u studying? what's it like there? did u move or live there before?

its awesome. gym takeaways shops everything very close just how it should be. people friendly but thats how it is everywhere and its very multicultural which is always a plus
studying biomed sciences..
and no i commute from a town nearby
I have applied for The Bradford Foundation Year with hopes to study Radiography
Reply 7
Hi..im from Bradford and it really is a nice town. Great clubs such as Tokyo's, Coco's....and bars such as lloyds. All of these are in the town centre which is near the uni which is near the student accomodation. I personally aint applying to Bradford because it is small when compared to the likes of Leeds and Sheffield...however the train station is a little walk away and leeds is just round the corner from Bradford....or cud always get a taxii....It is a multicultural town...people from all backgrounds and there is always something to do; whether it be a night out in the town, cinema, bowling, shisha....lool
There are various indian resteraunts and alot of cheap takeaways around bradford.

Good place to be if u want to have fun, especially as leeds is also 20 minute train ride from Bradford...

Hope this helps.!!

btw where u comin frm??
Reply 8
applied at bradford for optometry...

:smile:
So where's all you travelling from? what made you choose Bradford? if you need any help or info about the uni and stuff let me know :cool:
Reply 10
im from blackburn..

i heard they're quite lenient with the grades and on the open day i was completely sold lol

it was great...:smile:

yeh will do thanks!
I'm from Liverpool.

I applied because their foundation year leads to the course I want to do and I already have the grades for it so if my resits mess up I still have a chance.

I haven't been to visit yet though but I like that is it is close to Leeds so if I didn't like Bradford after the first year I could move to Leeds and commute.
i am currently attending bradford uni (live in uni. halls) and must say it's much much better then i expected...everything is really close by and the free city bus is a bonus...i also like how compact the uni is as some of the others i went to see were all over the place but yeah it's pretty good...night life isn't bad either with great clubs as revolution, cocos and tokyos nearby and also FND every friday in uni not to mention the 20-30min taxi ride to leeds if you wanna try things out there
Reply 13
Original post by dadtaz786
Hi..im from Bradford and it really is a nice town. Great clubs such as Tokyo's, Coco's....and bars such as lloyds. All of these are in the town centre which is near the uni which is near the student accomodation. I personally aint applying to Bradford because it is small when compared to the likes of Leeds and Sheffield...however the train station is a little walk away and leeds is just round the corner from Bradford....or cud always get a taxii....It is a multicultural town...people from all backgrounds and there is always something to do; whether it be a night out in the town, cinema, bowling, shisha....lool
There are various indian resteraunts and alot of cheap takeaways around bradford.

And KCB too :yy:
I heard from Bradford a few days ago - they want contact details for an academic reference. I will take that as a positive as they could have just rejected me for having a works reference I guess. I live in Cumbria, near the Lakes and applied to Bradford because I like the sound of the course format, placements aren't too far away, sounds like a relatively small uni and I think the facilities are quite new. If I am successful I will put it as my insurance choice.
We live nearby and my husband attends the eye clinic at the university and it is brilliant. The students are really hands on on the equipment is amazing. The university is almost like a campus just in the city centre so you get the best of both worlds although bradford city centre isn't the best place for shopping (although maybe that's a good thing!). Countryside isn't far away and the multicultural and historical feel of the city is really good. A friend of mine did audiology and loved the course and actually got a job in the unit where she had done a placement.

I've applied to do primary teaching at Bradford College which is nearby.
ive applied to bradford for pharmacy
does anyone knw how lenient the uni is on results day
i heard that some people got in 2 years ago with BCD but there entry requirements were BBB
heard that bradford is a good place
the bradford school of pharmacy is one of the best and cheap to live to compared to other unis

does anyone here knw about anyone who got into pharmacy last year but didnt meet the entry requirements
Reply 17
I'll be there for Automotive Engineering in September (hopefully). I'm from Huddersfield so only 13 miles away.
Reply 18
Original post by hahaff
ive applied to bradford for pharmacy
does anyone knw how lenient the uni is on results day
i heard that some people got in 2 years ago with BCD but there entry requirements were BBB
heard that bradford is a good place
the bradford school of pharmacy is one of the best and cheap to live to compared to other unis

does anyone here knw about anyone who got into pharmacy last year but didnt meet the entry requirements

Yes, I have friend who didn't get the right grades but she got in for Pharmacy, although I'm not sure how far off she was.
Original post by Idrees27
Yes, I have friend who didn't get the right grades but she got in for Pharmacy, although I'm not sure how far off she was.

do u knw if she chose bradford as her firm choice and what year was this
was this in 2010 or before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending