The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing 2011

well here is the story
after some really bad exams in june (aqa BIO5,CORE4:angry:) and a few good exams (aqa M1,S1,chem2:smile:) im beginning to think that i wont be going to uni this september
ive chosen bradford as my firm choice and DMU as my insurance choice.
i feel as though ive done well enough for BCC or BBC in chemistry,maths,biology and know it wont be enough to recieve an unconditional offer from the uni
just wanted to know if there was anyone else in the same situation as me and how hard is it to get into pharmacy through clearing.

anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think that quite a few unis will be in clearing this year for pharmacy.some unis are yet to fill up spaces such as cardiff,DMU,hertfordshire,LJMU,medway,portsmouth,sunderland and wolverhampton and are still accepting applications through extra

is there any chance that these unis could be in clearing
Reply 2
I emailed cardiff and they said there spaces are full and there will be no clearing spaces :frown: :frown:

I have firmed aston and insured DMU. However I am unsure whether to go to DMU and go to wolves instead as it is cheaper for me as I will live at home going to wolves.
Reply 3
Original post by slapyoself
I emailed cardiff and they said there spaces are full and there will be no clearing spaces :frown: :frown:

I have firmed aston and insured DMU. However I am unsure whether to go to DMU and go to wolves instead as it is cheaper for me as I will live at home going to wolves.

it says on ucas that cardiff is still open for new applications including extra so not sure about that
at least you wont have a problem with grades.if u have BBB or above then you can easily phone up a uni thats in clearing and they would accept you.
im not even sure if ill be able to meet the entry requirements
personaly in my opinion it really doesnt matter where you go as long as you get in this year

i heard that DMU is quite lenient when it comes down to missing the entry requirements.but not too sure,they were in clearing up until the course started.
Reply 4
Original post by hahaff
it says on ucas that cardiff is still open for new applications including extra so not sure about that
at least you wont have a problem with grades.if u have BBB or above then you can easily phone up a uni thats in clearing and they would accept you.
im not even sure if ill be able to meet the entry requirements
personaly in my opinion it really doesnt matter where you go as long as you get in this year

i heard that DMU is quite lenient when it comes down to missing the entry requirements.but not too sure,they were in clearing up until the course started.

Thanks for the reply. I need AAB for aston but I think i will get A*BB. I have decided to go for wolves instead of DMU now. Many people think wolves uni is a load of **** but the pharmacy course there is decent (it just hasnt been runing very long so it hasnt built a massive rep yet)
As for DMU, they have been in clearing for the past few years so hopefully you will have some luck there.
What are your firm and insurance choices?
Reply 5
Original post by slapyoself
Thanks for the reply. I need AAB for aston but I think i will get A*BB. I have decided to go for wolves instead of DMU now. Many people think wolves uni is a load of **** but the pharmacy course there is decent (it just hasnt been runing very long so it hasnt built a massive rep yet)
As for DMU, they have been in clearing for the past few years so hopefully you will have some luck there.
What are your firm and insurance choices?

good luck in the future
i have chosen bradford as my firm choice and DMU as my insurance
wolves isnt that bad to be honest as some people think
i was considering of applying there myself but there entry requirements were too high for me so i chose DMU instead
Reply 6
am thinking to email unis for foundation or sth coz the chances of getting a B in bio is slim unit 5 was absolutely devastating though the essay was fine.any way i had BCD last yr then had a gap year with resits, hoping my grades will go up to ABC do you think i can start 1st year without doing foundation bearing in mind the competition is high.
Reply 7
Original post by al_habib
am thinking to email unis for foundation or sth coz the chances of getting a B in bio is slim unit 5 was absolutely devastating though the essay was fine.any way i had BCD last yr then had a gap year with resits, hoping my grades will go up to ABC do you think i can start 1st year without doing foundation bearing in mind the competition is high.

u will probably have done better than expected
i know the exam was horrible and i think ill get a C overall in bio too so its going to be close
Reply 8
Original post by hahaff
well here is the story
after some really bad exams in june (aqa BIO5,CORE4:angry:) and a few good exams (aqa M1,S1,chem2:smile:) im beginning to think that i wont be going to uni this september
ive chosen bradford as my firm choice and DMU as my insurance choice.
i feel as though ive done well enough for BCC or BBC in chemistry,maths,biology and know it wont be enough to recieve an unconditional offer from the uni
just wanted to know if there was anyone else in the same situation as me and how hard is it to get into pharmacy through clearing.

anyone?

if you have B in chem you are more likely uni will consider your application and if the rest are not bad, i remember when i attended bradford invitation last year they want 300 points or BBB if your 1st choice is bradford they might accept BBC or BCC i heard from my friends there students with these grades commenced 1st yr pharmacy. so fingers crossed you exceed what you are expecting.
Reply 9
hi ..
i applied for pharmacy at kingston firm choice ..They want BBB
but coz the exams were soo crappp
i really dont think ima get that B in chem ..
probz BBC or even BCC ...
dou think they will still accept me ..??
what dou think i shud doo
Reply 10
lots of people are telling me that last year they wantd CCC ..and that they will accept it even if u get as low as CCC ..??
Reply 11
Original post by lilpg
hi ..
i applied for pharmacy at kingston firm choice ..They want BBB
but coz the exams were soo crappp
i really dont think ima get that B in chem ..
probz BBC or even BCC ...
dou think they will still accept me ..??
what dou think i shud doo

you can call or email them and ask if they will accept you if you miss the entry requirements by one or two grades but be prepared for disappointment
good luck
Reply 12
Original post by al_habib
if you have B in chem you are more likely uni will consider your application and if the rest are not bad, i remember when i attended bradford invitation last year they want 300 points or BBB if your 1st choice is bradford they might accept BBC or BCC i heard from my friends there students with these grades commenced 1st yr pharmacy. so fingers crossed you exceed what you are expecting.

thanks but this year there are not in extra so that means they are full and surely there would be someone else that has better grades than me
but fingers crossed i might get better than i expected
Looks like medway are in clearing:

http://www.gre.ac.uk/courses/clearing/vacancies
Reply 14
Original post by mathsclown
Looks like medway are in clearing:

http://www.gre.ac.uk/courses/clearing/vacancies

yeah it is according to the site
if i do end up in clearing i think medway will be the first uni i ring on results day
any clearing spaces at kingston or hertfordshire?
Reply 17
i think we'll know more on Monday as the uni get our results then, and then other unis can follow suite and say in advance if there's any spaces on that particular course. I checked the Scottish unis and they have no space for Pharmacy. Keep updates of any more!
Reply 18
so far medway and ljmu are in clearing this year
im also expecting sunderland to be in clearing this year
Reply 19
Original post by hahaff
so far medway and ljmu are in clearing this year
im also expecting sunderland to be in clearing this year

Looks like Wolves Pharmacy will also be in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest