Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

im 16 and in constant pain which seems to get worse in the morning/after exercise Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, im 16 and for a year or so now i have been having problems with my joints, esspecially my shoulders and ankles. My shoulders seem to dislocate alot or partially dislocate when i make sudden movements. I have been to various doctors and physios and have been told i have chronic shoulder instability. I do alot of sport esspecially football and karate, i have been doing karate for 10 years but recently had to stop due to pains and aches which seem to become gradually worse. Over the past couple of weeks i have started to experience quite a deal of pain in my wrists and knees after exercise and my left ankle seems to give way quite a bit. The pain seems to be worse in the morning when i wake up, when i go to my bed and after exercise. I have a meeting with a orthopedic surgeon next week and im kinda scared. Does anybody have any ideas of what could be causing my joints to stiffen and cause me pain? thankyoou! <3

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 11, 2011
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.