The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by cecil-sechs-oui
I had a 3rd choice added to my application and thats the residence I got, don't want to worry people who had their hearts set on their top 2.

Where did you get if you don't mind me asking? I recon the third choice may be ones that were not as highly sought after (not sure if that's the correct way to word it, my minds gone blank).
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by LeicSmiv
Where did you get if you don't mind me asking? I recon the third choice may be ones that were not as highly sought after (not sure if that's the correct way to word it, my minds gone blank).

I got Liberty Court, the two I chose (Challenge Works and Pinnacles) are quite popular so Im with you on that one.
Reply 322
Devonshire courtyard has been added to my choices, and similar to whoever said above, probs would have picked that instead of forge. However, my status is still awaiting allocation. Tbh if I got devonshire, considering the location and how pretty it looks, id be pretty stoked. :smile:
Original post by Oliviaaa.
Devonshire courtyard has been added to my choices, and similar to whoever said above, probs would have picked that instead of forge. However, my status is still awaiting allocation. Tbh if I got devonshire, considering the location and how pretty it looks, id be pretty stoked. :smile:

my status still says awaiting allocation. i havent had a third choice added but i applied for the trigon and victoria hall. loads of people in here have recently posted there allocations for victoria hall so hopefully i will get my first choice of trigon. fingers crossed!!!!

i was looking at devonshire court the other day and it seems really nice. i was looking at it through the unite website and it has sold out!
im just thinking if it would be worth booking accommodation privately aswell just in case i dont get my first or second choice and shu give me a third choice i dont really like. at least that way i will have somewhere i would like to stay. what do you think?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 324
I've literally been to pretty much all of the accommodations because all ive done on my gap year is stay at my friends in sheffield. both trigon and vicky halls are incred! but ive found out that tbh nomatter where you stay, you make such good friends with the people you live with in the first week or so it doesnt really matter where you stay! My friend stayed reluctantly at Liberty House, it wasnt horrific but it wasnt great. After the first day she went to victoria halls and put her name on the waiting list....a week later they called her saying they have a room free and she didnt move because she'd had such a good freshers with all the people she lived with.

As far as privately owned accom is concerned, I havent a clue so i couldnt really give any advice. I think it is a bit risky in terms of wherever your placed itll be really studenty and youll all be in the same boat but its up to you!!
ps. realisation of the essay i just wrote :redface:
haha dont worry about the essay, was a good read during the adverts whilst im watching kitchen nightmares :biggrin: now you have just made me reallly nervous about gettign trigion or victoria cos they do look amazing!!
Original post by _Mazza_
It's £97 a week, £4074 total, so about the same as the Forge's cheapest room, which isn't too bad if you look at it that way.

I put £100 and put in the notes that I didn't want to spend more than £95 and would prefer a single room, they gave me a double at £97 lol.

Which choices did you make? In a lot of blocks the only option offered is en suite.

damn .. i didnt actually right in the notes that i wanted an en suite .. cause i didnt know i was ment to .. i wish they actually put an opition asking if we would prefer one cause im sure that what most unis do :/

ill be gutted if i dont get an en suite noww ..

and my choices were for viccy halls and the forge and i couldnt apply until april cause i didnt get my offer and i had to wait for my art interview ..

and my offer changes to unconditional like a month ago so .. im defo going :/
I got devonshire courtyard, put vic halls and opal 1 as my choices. Happy with that though as it's next to those two and cheaper!

Applied in march and when it went to processing, devonshire courtyard was added as my third choice!

Can't see a FB group for 2011 starters though, yet!
Reply 328
Original post by jimmyjango
I got devonshire courtyard, put vic halls and opal 1 as my choices. Happy with that though as it's next to those two and cheaper!

Applied in march and when it went to processing, devonshire courtyard was added as my third choice!

Can't see a FB group for 2011 starters though, yet!

I got Devonshire courtyard too! Flat 5 Room 2!!
Hey, has anyone applied for private halls? I'm really late applying (totally unorganised as ever!) so I really don't have any chance of getting into any decent uni run accommodation I don't think?

So anyway I think I'm booking Central Quay - which is a unite one - but I'm pretty worried irs going to turn out to be mainly Sheff uni students.

Anyone got any info on this??
Reply 330
Original post by JackG18
Did everyone's status change to processing before there contracts came?

Yeah, processing means it has been posted out to you.

Original post by cecil-sechs-oui
I had a 3rd choice added to my application and thats the residence I got, don't want to worry people who had their hearts set on their top 2.

I thought that'd probably be the case, otherwise why would they add it?
Reply 331
Got mine through today, already filled it out and sent it off. Just in time before I go on holiday too.

Got my first choice Victoria Halls Block C Flat 8 room 2.
Hi, can anyone tell me how you log in to view your accommodation status etc.?
Cant seem to find it anywhere.
Reply 333
you go on hallam accom website, click on apply scroll down for undergraduate and fill in your email and password. i would know, it took me ages to find. :smile:
Since I have NO idea about Sheffield, I have to ask you guys

What areas can you recommend? From my search results, I have:

City centre (Shoreham Street and Clough Road), Highfields (Colver Road, Wesley house, Kearsley Road, Witney Street), Sharrow (Fentonville Street, Sharrow Lane, Abbeydale Road), Nether Edge (Raven road), Ecclesall (Bruce Road), Norfolk Park (Granville Road)

I wish to live in a safe area, moreover it is important that it is close to City Campus. In addition to this it is essential that there are some Asian shops and restaurants around the place.
my online status changed to proccessing today! yaaayaaa. i still have my original 2 choices there of victoria hall n trigon and a 3rd hasnt been added. does this mean i will get an offer for my first or secoond choice in the post soon?
Original post by thenubreed
my online status changed to proccessing today! yaaayaaa. i still have my original 2 choices there of victoria hall n trigon and a 3rd hasnt been added. does this mean i will get an offer for my first or secoond choice in the post soon?

they is still hope for me yet then haha i applied for them too and mine still says awaiting allocation so fingers crossed :L
and i think that should mean you have one of them i dont see why it shouldnt
Reply 337
mine changed to processing todayyy, which i am happy for but tbh it has well and truly taken the piss. i rate ill just get devonshire, which ill be satisfied with, but its frickin miles to collegiate campus. those 9am lectures are gonna be a no go.
Reply 338
Original post by Oliviaaa.
mine changed to processing todayyy, which i am happy for but tbh it has well and truly taken the piss. i rate ill just get devonshire, which ill be satisfied with, but its frickin miles to collegiate campus. those 9am lectures are gonna be a no go.

I didn't think it was going to be too bad for getting to collegiate, but then again I haven't really checked :/ no doubt i'll be full on sprinting there most days as my time keeping is poor.
Reply 339
Original post by LeicSmiv
I didn't think it was going to be too bad for getting to collegiate, but then again I haven't really checked :/ no doubt i'll be full on sprinting there most days as my time keeping is poor.

Yeah isn't Devonshire one of the closest to Collegiate? I applied to Vic Halls because I wanted to be close to Collegiate and I'm pretty sure Devonshire is on the same street.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending