The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

By the by, I'm surpried there havn't been any/many? ApeGoneInsane/Rise of the Planet of the Apes jokes :tongue:
Reply 3821
Original post by sheep_go_baa
By the by, I'm surpried there havn't been any/many? ApeGoneInsane/Rise of the Planet of the Apes jokes :tongue:

We'll only find out about it when he comes into the forum shouting 'NO!' :fyi:
Original post by Colonel.
You work in films...yet only have 124 posts on TSR...I don't believe it :sexface:

Your prerogative. I don't quite understand how what my profession is/was and how many posts I have on a website for students has to do with proving anything though.
:lol:
Original post by thecurators
Your prerogative. I don't quite understand how what my profession is/was and how many posts I have on a website for students has to do with proving anything though.

Yes, obviously, there's no correlation. I was being a tad flippant and unfunny.
Yes, obviously, there's no correlation. I was being a tad flippant and unfunny.

I think he missed the :sexface:
I think he missed the :sexface:

Ha, perhaps :wavingtheflag:
Sorry, I don't understand the meaning behind most "smileys". That one looked smug to me, so the whole comment came across as sarcastic more than anything... Didn't mean to cause offence.

*quietly withdraws from thread*
I loved Bridesmaids, it might be my favourite film of the year so far (I could be leaving out a film or two that I can't remember).

Then sorry but I have to ask (I'm not going to try to sway you to my opinion or anything, I'm genuinely interested) what did you like about it?
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Then sorry but I have to ask (I'm not going to try to sway you to my opinion or anything, I'm genuinely interested) what did you like about it?

I thought the opening sex scene was good, as was Jon Hamm in general in that film.
Melissa McCarthy's character.
Some of the writing and the dialogue was great.
The plane scene was fantastic.
Felt realistic and it was female based comedy that didn't rely on traditional romcom tripe.
Chris O'Dowd's police officer, including the scene where she tried to get pulled over.
It didn't get too crude (bar one occasion, you probably know which one).

I can see why people didn't like it, but I genuinely loved it.
Original post by boromir9111
Shutter Island, a complete rip off of the movie Memento :sigh: but nonetheless, still very watchable!

Oh come on. Like most psychological thrillers don't have that sort of twist. :colonhash:

Original post by thecurators
I didn't personally do the effects, I was the effects editor, so I cut the effects into the film.

Dark Knight - the company did over 600 shots - capes, wire removal, explosions, the helicopter crashing, additional crowds, added buildings in the skyline, character doubles, smoke, green screen skylines, the batmobile turning into a motorbike etc. etc.

I only worked on previs for IM2, so I only saw some of the initial CG renders of the Iron Man suit in flight as test shots.

Let me just say you and your insight is just plain awesome. :adore:

Please stick around in this thread.

Alas no. Nobody took the opportunity. :sad:

I attempted to make a pseudo joke about it in cadaeibfeceh's thread.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Oh come on. Like most psychological thrillers don't have that sort of twist. :colonhash:

Well, the ending was different to Memento in that he doesn't kill himself and goes on living a lie......whereas Teddy knew the truth and couldn't live with himself and so ends his life.....
Reply 3832
Ape Gone Insane
x

This is OT and you probably don't even remember the book very well but does Mary Malone ever do anything interesting in The Amber Spyglass? I've read three chapters of hers and they have got to be the worst three chapters I have read in the whole trilogy. She does absolute **** all apart from talk a lot of crap and is making it harder for me to finish the book :colonhash:

I also watched Stake Land last night, it was pretty decent and there were some original concepts in it that I liked

Spoiler

The ending was a bit meh, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel of some sort.
Reply 3833
Original post by Deshi
This is OT and you probably don't even remember the book very well but does Mary Malone ever do anything interesting in The Amber Spyglass? I've read three chapters of hers and they have got to be the worst three chapters I have read in the whole trilogy. She does absolute **** all apart from talk a lot of crap and is making it harder for me to finish the book :colonhash:

It does get better, but not as good as the chapters involving the others. Imo.
Watched Starter For 10 yesterday in preparation for One Day coming out soon. That film is reasonably humourless compared to the book :hmpf:
Time to stream up Green Zone :biggrin:
Reply 3836
My laptop's down, so I can't watch films at home for around 10 days. :sad:

I'll hopefully be up to the cinema to watch Captain America soon, though (although I'm not really excited about it).
Captain America was a pretty good film, I enjoyed it. Don't bother with the 3D though.
Captain America was a pretty good film, I enjoyed it.

:ditto:
Reply 3839
Captain America was a pretty good film, I enjoyed it. Don't bother with the 3D though.

Is it hyper-patriotic and stuff, though? I feel that that would turn me off it, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending