The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

catching up with some naruto, getting more interesting with that guy back, i wander whos in that coffin :beard: i have a couple of guys in my mind :hmmmm: it also answered the question i was thinking about today when i saw a bunch of those guys on the cover of the latest chinese release of the naruto manga and thinking wtf they doing there :lolwut:
Reply 1702
:beard:

I've decided I'm going to give Ano hana a go :yes:

Still haven't started any of the current shows :mmm:
Reply 1703
Original post by AngryJellyfish
As promised in the chat, here's AJ's Identify the Anime thread. :smile:

Thanks for that!
I managed to do all the beginner ones :cool:
Reply 1704
As promised in the chat, here's AJ's Identify the Anime thread. :smile:

As I was going through trying to think of things I got to thinking...if it becomes mildly popular, could others at times post things to guess (though I suspect you Aiko and Cara would have seen everything I'd know :awesome: )

Sections 4 and especially 5 were gits :yes:
Original post by Truered
As I was going through trying to think of things I got to thinking...if it becomes mildly popular, could others at times post things to guess (though I suspect you Aiko and Cara would have seen everything I'd know :awesome: )

Sections 4 and especially 5 were gits :yes:

I'm fine with that - was actually wondering whether I should do another myself sometime focusing on a specific genre (e.g. guess the mech show, stuff like that). But a different poster each time would make things more interesting, and let me take part too!

I'd assume it would be easier for each one to have it's own thread though (I could rename mine AJ's Identify the anime thread if necessary to avoid confusion), as re-using my thread would involve either repeatedly editing my first post, or getting the mods to switch it. What else is a subforum for?

4 wasn't meant to be too bad, though I see a few people struggling. 5 was deliberately mean. :giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1706
You managed to pick all the 80/90s shows I haven't seen/haven't planned to watch :shakecane:

Well apart from the one with Lina Inverse...I think I've watched everything from that particular series...:mmm:
Original post by Truered
You managed to pick all the 80/90s shows I haven't seen/haven't planned to watch :shakecane:

Well apart from the one with Lina Inverse...I think I've watched everything from that particular series...:mmm:

As I said, I'll get back to everyone in more detail later, but if I remember rightly most of your other 80s/90s answers were right. Except one, which was from the wrong decade. :p:
Reply 1708
Started watching Dororon 12 as I try to finish off the shows (next is the final Maria holic ep)

I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to see a wacky races parody/homage :moon:

:mmm:
Reply 1709
time for usagi drop :puppyeyes:

damn it her :h: face when holding the cereal :pinch:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1710

---

Nearly finished Lupin III, after a short break in the marathon when it turned out a lot of the files were corrupt. Should have a review up later. :smile:

hahaha ;3
THAT WAS SOOO JOKES AND STILL IS ;3
I've now picked up Lost Universe, but since I'm nearing the end of Akazukin Chacha I'll probably finish and review that first. :yes:
I finished watching The Twelve Kingdoms recently and think it is severely underrated :h:
Reply 1713
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I finished watching The Twelve Kingdoms recently and think it is severely underrated :h:

Agreed, I rate this highly. :yes:
Original post by Aiko
Agreed, I rate this highly. :yes:

Do you know of any similar anime series? One with like old school Japanese folklore and wars and battles and stuff.

Oh and I've also started watching Cowboy Bebop. It makes me :lol:
Reply 1715
Do you know of any similar anime series? One with like old school Japanese folklore and wars and battles and stuff.

Sure, the following come to mind:

Escaflowne
Guin Saga
Utawarerumono
Seirei no Moribito (less with the folklore and/or fantasy)
Scrapped Princess
Record of Lodoss War

Oh and I've also started watching Cowboy Bebop. It makes me :lol:

Another classic. Make sure to check out Samurai Champloo, another series from the same director. :smile:
Oooh thank you, those look awesome :biggrin:
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/19095324/Akira-Collector-Edition-Steel-Book/Product.html?searchtype=BLU&searchsource=0&searchstring=steelbook&urlrefer=search&strefer=BLU&searchfilters=s%7bsteelbook%7d%2bc%7b57%7d%2bae28%7bBlu-ray%7d%2b&P36=V4K2Z3&affid=hotukdeals&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516|prd:hotukdeals

Decent price for the steelbook Akira bluray imo.
Reply 1718
Oooh thank you, those look awesome :biggrin:

No problem, glad to help. :smile:
Watching dantalian no shoka reminds me a little of gosick.

Latest

Trending

Trending