The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Newcastle for me.
Original post by zigzog7
yep

Wiltshire: The land of farmers :sexface:
Original post by zigzog7
where is everyone coming from out of interest?

Newbury, so only 40 mins down the road :tongue:
Original post by zigzog7

Derby :smile:
Reply 2384
London:cool:
Original post by mcgovernjon
Derby :smile:

That's cool, I'm from Burton :biggrin: But usually have to say I live 'near Derby' so people have a clue where it is.
Original post by Y.D
London:cool:

Same :biggrin:
Original post by Norbertnorbert
That's cool, I'm from Burton :biggrin: But usually have to say I live 'near Derby' so people have a clue where it is.

So we'll both have to speak in our broad East Midlands accents. :wink: I got on a bus to Burton by accident about a month ago; I wanted to go from the Derby Royal hospital to Derby City Centre and I got on the bus going in the wrong direction! The driver was really nice and didn't charge me extra. :smile:
Reply 2388
Original post by kingjohno
I'm doing Medicine (hopefully), but have received absolutely no reading lists or any other information at all? Should I be worried?

Hey, I'm doing Medicine (hopefully) too :smile: I found this on the Medical Sciences website. I presume therefore that we don't get reading lists, enjoy the freedom! :biggrin:
Original post by zigzog7

Northampton. I look forward to having to explain to people that no, it's not just north of Southampton :rolleyes:
Reply 2390
Original post by zigzog7

I've been living in London for the last year or so, but I'm actually from Barry, South Wales (Gavin&Stacey land) :wink:
Original post by shinobi93
Northampton. I look forward to having to explain to people that no, it's not just north of Southampton :rolleyes:

Wait, it isn't?
Reply 2392
Original post by zigzog7

I'm coming straight outta Compton.
Original post by shinobi93

I'm coming from Corby! :zomg: Nobody ever seems to know where Northamptonshire is, so I just end up saying East Midlands. :biggrin:
Reply 2394
I'm really confused... I've been given reading lists for both Victorian and Old English, but I think that I only choose one! :s-smilie: Not sure if I have to choose now, or read a 'taster' of both. :\
Original post by zigzog7

Newcastle (a la geordie shore and geordie finishing school for girls of course :s-smilie:)

Original post by micky022
Newcastle for me.

Me too :O What college/ sixthform did you go to?
Original post by 04ghicks
Newcastle (a la geordie shore and geordie finishing school for girls of course :s-smilie:)

Me too :O What college/ sixthform did you go to?

What's with all the bloody Geordies in the thread?! :mad:
Original post by tommy1311
What's with all the bloody Geordies in the thread?! :mad:

We're taking over to confuse you all with our accents and strange ways!

And to binge drink, make babies and spread our northern poverty according to bbc3 :P
Original post by 04ghicks
We're taking over to confuse you all with our accents and strange ways!

And to binge drink, make babies and spread our northern poverty according to bbc3 :P

You'd have a job confusing me, I'm from Sunderland. :smile:
Original post by tommy1311
You'd have a job confusing me, I'm from Sunderland. :smile:

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Good ol' geordie-mackem rivalry, I don't even like football or the shipbuilding that supposedly started it, though my dad refused to have anything red in the house for a few years...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending