The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehsponge
Lol I did that one too. In fact it was the only one I had practiced :awesome: I planned a few others but never wrote them out fully. Although the examiners will probably find a way to explain why nothing I wrote is relevant.

Really hoping for at least 20 marks on the essay. Then I only need about 35 marks (this is based on the provisional grade boundary for an A) from the rest of the paper to get my A...

Just did some calculations and 35 marks from the rest of the questions is only about 45% That makes me feel a bit better :biggrin:

I don't feel that bad about the exam, probably because I can only remember the essay. I'm most worried about physics at the moment. :s-smilie:
Also hoping for really low grade boundaries and a very nice examiner! Need 106+ ums to get an a overall in biology and meet my offer! Fingers crossed for us all!
I think I got between 15 and 55 marks on this paper........goodness knows where within that range my actual mark lies. -.-
Original post by Introverted moron
I think I got between 15 and 55 marks on this paper........goodness knows where within that range my actual mark lies. -.-

same here any answer you think you mite have got right could easily be wrong answer
eg if you got 15 thats no good but if you got 55 then that mite be nearly an A which is fantastic
Original post by hahaff
same here any answer you think you mite have got right could easily be wrong answer
eg if you got 15 thats no good but if you got 55 then that mite be nearly an A which is fantastic

True, but I think my mark is nearer the lower end of the scale rather than the higher end (which isn't any good :tongue:).
Reply 3565

hey i dont know if you rememeber the questions or not but can u read my earlier post a few pages back on the answers i think i got right and see what u think? :frown:
Reply 3566
Original post by hahaff

what mark do you think you got?! im so scared?! i completely messed up even the easy 1 markers! and i need 100 ums+ or no university :frown: :frown:
True, but I think my mark is nearer the lower end of the scale rather than the higher end (which isn't any good :tongue:).

lol im sure youve done better than what you had in mind
Original post by choc1234
what mark do you think you got?! im so scared?! i completely messed up even the easy 1 markers! and i need 100 ums+ or no university :frown: :frown:

i honestly dont have a clue of what i think ive got
if i was to take a guess i would that questions 1,4,7 and the essay question were good and apart from that ive probable got it all wrong
but sometimes the 1 markers you think u messed up sometimes be correct answers
hopefully you would exceed the marks you think got right
hopefully grade boundaries will be really low so less marks needed to get the same grade
i also need 100ums+ or no university
can someone do a poll of what they reckon the grade boundaries will be ><
please?
Reply 3570
Original post by coffee345
can someone do a poll of what they reckon the grade boundaries will be ><
please?

yeah i agree.
some people ive been speaking to say they could stay the same or be higher and im sooooooooooooooooo scared ! i was really under the impression they would definitly be alot lower! like 55for an A !!!! but im no sure now! arghhhh
yeah i agree.
some people ive been speaking to say they could stay the same or be higher and im sooooooooooooooooo scared ! i was really under the impression they would definitly be alot lower! like 55for an A !!!! but im no sure now! arghhhh

if it is 55 for an A - what will it be for a B?
>.<
I'm so nervous for results day :frown:

what are you going to study at uni?
yeah i agree.

I don't think grade boundaries will be higher, may stay the same or lower.. but not higher... because even though the essay bit was easier, section A was harder... essay only worth 25% and section B 75% if i'm not mistaken... well this is what i always have in my mind to reduce my worrying... I need an overall A too :frown:
Original post by nessa17licaria
I don't think grade boundaries will be higher, may stay the same or lower.. but not higher... because even though the essay bit was easier, section A was harder... essay only worth 25% and section B 75% if i'm not mistaken... well this is what i always have in my mind to reduce my worrying... I need an overall A too :frown:

what mark will be about a B?
what mark will be about a B?

i have no idea :s-smilie:
i have no idea :s-smilie:

><
lets just hope for low grade boundaries then ><
Reply 3576
><
lets just hope for low grade boundaries then ><

for a B, if say 56 is an A , then about 51 will be a B. but this might be too low dont know!
i really hope they dont stay the same or get higher!
:frown:
Reply 3577

I HOPE YOUR RIGHT SOOO MUCH! i need like 105 or so ums! theres no way ive got that - i reckon i probs got like 50 raw marks ! arghhhhh sooo scared! i dont thiknk im going uni! :frown:
I HOPE YOUR RIGHT SOOO MUCH! i need like 105 or so ums! theres no way ive got that - i reckon i probs got like 50 raw marks ! arghhhhh sooo scared! i dont thiknk im going uni! :frown:

Don't worry and stop stressing :wink:
what UMS marks did you get on every unit? 'cause if you got all A's on them then you'll still get an A overall even if you get a high B on this unit.. :smile:
for a B, if say 56 is an A , then about 51 will be a B. but this might be too low dont know!
i really hope they dont stay the same or get higher!
:frown:

is this the UMS or the raw marks? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest