The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04ghicks
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Good ol' geordie-mackem rivalry, I don't even like football or the shipbuilding that supposedly started it, though my dad refused to have anything red in the house for a few years...:s-smilie:

I'd refuse to have anything black or white, but that'd be a right trial. :frown:
Original post by tommy1311
I'd refuse to have anything black or white, but that'd be a right trial. :frown:

True :P

Once i got a red chair and my dad had an argument with my mam over it XD I think he's finally accepted that he's crazy though and needs to get over it! What you going/ hoping to study at what college?

Once i got a red chair and my dad had an argument with my mam over it XD I think he's finally accepted that he's crazy though and needs to get over it! What you going/ hoping to study at what college?

There's nothing wrong with showing your true colours y'know! I'm sure your father will love you regardless! :wink:

I don't know why I still post in this thread, I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer marginally...Or spectacularly, but when I think about it I'm fairly certain it's only marginal. Law at Queen's college though, I didn't realise how much I wanted to go until I realised I don't think it'll happen. :mad: Silly me!
Reply 2403
Original post by shinobi93
Northampton. I look forward to having to explain to people that no, it's not just north of Southampton :rolleyes:

Original post by micky022
Wait, it isn't?

Of course it isn't, silly. It's just north of Hampton, which is just north of Southhampton. Typical Oxford student, no common sense...

Oh, and I'm from London, though I'm spending the summer in Berlin away from this rioting malarkey.
There's nothing wrong with showing your true colours y'know! I'm sure your father will love you regardless! :wink:

I don't know why I still post in this thread, I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer marginally...Or spectacularly, but when I think about it I'm fairly certain it's only marginal. Law at Queen's college though, I didn't realise how much I wanted to go until I realised I don't think it'll happen. :mad: Silly me!

I know the feeling, im the same!

As results day draws nearer I just feel more and more sick :frown: It would have been fine if it wasn't for that last maths exam...

I've taken to reading positive things about my insurance uni (sheffield) so I convince myself I really want to go there instead of Oxford...would be easier if Oxford wasn't so ridiculously cheap in comparison :frown:
Hi, I'm not an offer holder, I was wondering anyone with an offer for PPE, what they were reading about around their interview and whether they're reading anything intersting now? :smile:
I know the feeling, im the same!

As results day draws nearer I just feel more and more sick :frown: It would have been fine if it wasn't for that last maths exam...

I've taken to reading positive things about my insurance uni (sheffield) so I convince myself I really want to go there instead of Oxford...would be easier if Oxford wasn't so ridiculously cheap in comparison :frown:

Yeah I remember that exam too. I'd already given up on Maths by that point for plenty of reasons, luckily I didn't need Maths but C4 was tricky. To the point where I don't think I full answered more than four questions.

My insurance is in London, so financially there's not a lot I can do to take consolation there! Just have to see what happens on results day and deal with it then. Not getting too much sleep at the moment though. :s-smilie:

I love how you even type in geordie :smile:
Original post by zigzog7
I love how you even type in geordie :smile:

I've read that over ten times now and fail to see the Geordie typing. :frown:
I've read that over ten times now and fail to see the Geordie typing. :frown:

typed mam not mum
Original post by zigzog7
typed mam not mum

Oh...That just seemed the norm to me! Carry on.
Even thinking about the word 'mum' disgusts me :frown:
Reply 2412
I'm coming from Cheshire :smile: nobody ever seems to know where anywhere is in Cheshire so I wont bother going into specifics :tongue:
Even thinking about the word 'mum' disgusts me :frown:

...Why? :confused:
Original post by Incarnadine91
I got them with my fresher's pack after results, some colleges ask you to choose earlier but it's not unusual to not have heard anything yet. Details of the full range of modules are here if it helps. Catz gave me pretty much free reign :biggrin:

Ahh ok, thanks. I'm not sure how much free choice I will have...I didn't originally apply to the college who gave me an offer, so I don't know as much about it as I probably should have. I haven't had a reading list or anything yet ( except an accommodation choosing thing which I sent back in April), so I imagine I will just get everything after results day.
Although this is all purely hypothetical, as I'm pretty sure I've missed my offer.
Which reminds me, I need to look up the phone number for the college admissions officer, ready for some results day begging :biggrin:
Reply 2415
Original post by Frankie
I'm coming from Cheshire :smile: nobody ever seems to know where anywhere is in Cheshire so I wont bother going into specifics :tongue:

I'm coming from Cheshire!!! Woooo!!! Whereabouts? I'm about forty minutes train ride south of Manchester. Near knutsford, of Gaskell/Cranford fame.
Reply 2416
Original post by jenny18
I'm coming from Cheshire!!! Woooo!!! Whereabouts? I'm about forty minutes train ride south of Manchester. Near knutsford, of Gaskell/Cranford fame.

Wooo I'm not alone from Cheshire! :tongue: I'm about an hour train ride south of Manchester. I live in Crewe and Nantwich area, between Chester and Stoke-on-Trent
Original post by Frankie
Wooo I'm not alone from Cheshire! :tongue: I'm about an hour train ride south of Manchester. I live in Crewe and Nantwich area, between Chester and Stoke-on-Trent

you guys arent too far away from me, im coming from near lancaster :smile:
Reply 2418
Original post by Frankie

I was born in Crewe!!!! I live 15 minutes ish away from there by train now. This is exciting.

On the subject of where offer holders are from, does anyone else think this is strange? I have lived in the same house, on the same housing estate, for 10/11 years now. I discovered a month ago that a boy who lives maybe 5 doors down from me holds an offer to read history at trinity college. I have met and had a conversation with every member of his family, apart from him whom I have never seen. Ever. I think this is ridiculous, I can't even properly remember his name. :rolleyes:
Original post by jenny18
I was born in Crewe!!!! I live 15 minutes ish away from there by train now. This is exciting.

On the subject of where offer holders are from, does anyone else think this is strange? I have lived in the same house, on the same housing estate, for 10/11 years now. I discovered a month ago that a boy who lives maybe 5 doors down from me holds an offer to read history at trinity college. I have met and had a conversation with every member of his family, apart from him whom I have never seen. Ever. I think this is ridiculous, I can't even properly remember his name. :rolleyes:

I've lived on the same estate for 18 years, and only when I applied did I find out that a bloke who lived over the road is an Oxford graduate (who incidentally is now a fairly well-known columnist), neither of which I knew.

Not as weird as yours, still weird though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending