The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by nessa17licaria
is this the UMS or the raw marks? :confused:

this is raw marks out of 100! overall in this exam i needed like 105 out of 140 ums ! no way did i get that!
Original post by choc1234
this is raw marks out of 100! overall in this exam i needed like 105 out of 140 ums ! no way did i get that!

hmm it is really low, it can't be... where did you get this from? or did you base from the june 2010 past paper?
But don't worry, 105/140 is only like 75% of the UMS... so its a mid B :smile:

I know exactly how you feel, I need 106 for an a overall and am petrified! Good luck though! :biggrin:
Reply 3583
hmm it is really low, it can't be... where did you get this from? or did you base from the june 2010 past paper?
But don't worry, 105/140 is only like 75% of the UMS... so its a mid B :smile:

someone said earleri on this thread that the chief examiner said that a provisional A this year should be around 56/100 rawmarks. Last year it was 62 so i dunno?! what do u reckon?
Reply 3584
Original post by bluepanda123
I know exactly how you feel, I need 106 for an a overall and am petrified! Good luck though! :biggrin:

good luck to u aswel! how do u think uve done?
someone said earleri on this thread that the chief examiner said that a provisional A this year should be around 56/100 rawmarks. Last year it was 62 so i dunno?! what do u reckon?

i reckon it's a good sign for all of us :wink:
is this just for biology? what about chem and phys? HOPE ITS THE SAME.. but impossible:mad:
Reply 3586
i reckon it's a good sign for all of us :wink:
is this just for biology? what about chem and phys? HOPE ITS THE SAME.. but impossible:mad:

not sure about physics but chem is always higher - probs like 75 /100 for an A :smile:
Sucks knowing this will be the exam that decides if i get into university or not.
Original post by TlanTlan
Sucks knowing this will be the exam that decides if i get into university or not.

agreed
Original post by TlanTlan

Yup. Could have lost our places all because of ****ing papayas.
Original post by tehsponge
Yup. Could have lost our places all because of ****ing papayas.

Wait...papayas were in the exam?! Shows how much I paid attention to the paper, and also shows how I have wiped that monstrosity of an exam from my mind ...
Original post by Calimboness
Wait...papayas were in the exam?! Shows how much I paid attention to the paper, and also shows how I have wiped that monstrosity of an exam from my mind ...

Yeah. God I have no idea what they were asking about them.
Original post by tehsponge
Yeah. God I have no idea what they were asking about them.

Wow, biology was such a blur this year...i have no idea what I wrote, nor do I have any clue what was in it...i keep getting flashbacks to a question on foxes, but I get the sinking feeling that was a question in my yr9 SATs!

Papayas...i honestly don't even remember.
Reply 3593
Have the grade boundaries been released yet? Edexcel are already out
edexcel are out but i think aqa is tomorow or maybe if we are lucky later today
WTF - 65 for an A!
(-.-) There goes my A for Bio.
Original post by Jin3011
WTF - 65 for an A!
(-.-) There goes my A for Bio.

You're joking! Surely not, how do you know? :eek:
Original post by Seasick Steve
You're joking! Surely not, how do you know? :eek:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE11.PDF
Shocking!

I just hope that they've been lenient with some of the questions.
Original post by Seasick Steve
I just hope that they've been lenient with some of the questions.

Hope so. Just wasn't expecting it to be higher than last years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending