The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot watt

I got an unconditional offer for business and finance. I am wondering what the average age of the students on heriot watt is? What kind of person is the typical heriot watt student?

Patrik
Reply 1
Heey i am 18 and i will be going to HW to study Accountancy and finance in September :smile: xx
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by iamaduck
Heey i am 18 and i will be going to HW to study Accountancy and finance in September :smile: xx

Hi I'm doing Accountancy and Finance in September too!
Reply 3
I'm 19 and I'm going to study nanoscience at Heriot Watt. Excited!
Reply 4
im 19 and i am going to study chemistry with forensic science;] i took a year off btw...
Reply 5
Original post by Patrik.e

Original post by Patrik.e
I got an unconditional offer for business and finance. I am wondering what the average age of the students on heriot watt is? What kind of person is the typical heriot watt student?

Patrik

I'm going into my 3rd year at Heriot Watt and I love the uni! The campus is very nice and because it's a small university I find it easier to get really involved in societies!

Average age: hard to say because it ranges so much, I started at 17 but people from my course started at 18-21 (some took gap years and some from abroad). You get the odd few people who are 21-40 years.

The typical heriot watt student? Well that ranges a lot too! You have people from so many different countries it's so diverse! A lot of people on my course are from Malaysia, greece and ireland but because there is a Dubai campus you will see many emirati students also!

Many of us students were lazy in 1st year though.. attendence drops drastically in lectures as the year progresses but please do be careful because 1st & 2nd are still very important because they will create the foundations for your course! & you should make sure you pass everything so your summer doesn't get spoiled due to re-sits!

As it's a small uni I will no doubt pass people on this forum in the corridors but as I won't recognise you I wish you everyone the best and hope you enjoy uni life!
Reply 6
Original post by Jo225
Hi I'm doing Accountancy and Finance in September too!

Ooo yaay !! Which halls are you staying in? do you have facebook?
x
Reply 7
I still have to get a reply for my accomodation application!! :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by BellaMac

I still have to get a reply for my accomodation application!! :s-smilie:

How long has it been? Maybe you should contact them?
Reply 9
Original post by BFG77
How long has it been? Maybe you should contact them?

I read your message, checked my mail and found my offer =)
Reply 10

I read your message, checked my mail and found my offer =)

Excellent, in which hall did you end up getting a room?
Reply 11
Original post by BFG77
Excellent, in which hall did you end up getting a room?

Pentland house A :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 12

Pentland house A :biggrin: What about you?

I'm in Robin Smith hall; which is self catered ensuite. I guess we'll see what the rooms are like when we get there since there aren't that many pictures.
Reply 13
Original post by BFG77
I'm in Robin Smith hall; which is self catered ensuite. I guess we'll see what the rooms are like when we get there since there aren't that many pictures.

Yeah, but I bet your halls are newer. I saw the map and Pentland is where most of the school buildings are so I guess it's an old building. Robin Smith is way out and probably more recently built.
Reply 14
Original post by iamaduck
Ooo yaay !! Which halls are you staying in? do you have facebook?
x

Whats ur Facebook name? Im in Robin Smith Hall. You?
Reply 15
Original post by Jo225
Whats ur Facebook name? Im in Robin Smith Hall. You?

Elisa Kerr on fb :smile: Im in Midlothian A xxx
I'm starting 1st year in electrical & electronic engineering - but I'm also doing control & robotics. I'm 18 - what kind of person am I? a normal scottish guy? haha

Quick Reply

Latest