The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoapyDish
No Jenni, you're just superkeen :tongue:

OR MAYBE I'M JUST FRIENDLY MISS SOPHIE!

Also I'm sad I can't see the new freshers' group but you and waheed can. Damn presidential and vice-presidential perks... :P
Original post by 03jenniferp
OR MAYBE I'M JUST FRIENDLY MISS SOPHIE!

Also I'm sad I can't see the new freshers' group but you and waheed can. Damn presidential and vice-presidential perks... :P

Request to join! Pres originally said only he was allowed, but Admissions Tutor said all the JCR could be! Put a little message in your request (if you can) to say you're JCR :smile:
Original post by anoushka1
yeah thats what I was thinking because it did not seem college specific

Thank you but with just 5 days to go, all the doubts are kicking in...............I swear this waiting is a form of mental torture haha

Good luck for the 18th !

I'm sure you'll be fine, my doubts have been with me ever since I did my first exam in June.

I know what you mean, I try to forget about results day but more often then not I find my self thinking about results day or cambridge.
I take it you're a fellow lawyer...
Reply 2263
Original post by Tortious
What on earth was the content of the letter? :rofl:

Original post by gethsemane342
Ah, well, it was mainly my husband writing what he wanted and me toning it down (often with cries of "You can't put that, that's racist/discriminatory/too rude&quot:wink:. It included "A (my husband) has been called a tramp and a skater but I live in a house and I can't balance. My hobbies are playing badminton, beating Geth at badminton and beating Geth", "All rowers are ****s" "I'm from Wales but the rumours aren't true" "I like to help A find inner peace", "Everyone has their place in Christ's from the loveable shut-in to the college manwhore. And if you have no friends, don't worry, we'll love you unconditionally"

The first thing we did when we met them was apologise for the letter... :redface:

Well.
You know how you were saying that your letter was strange Gethsemane?

Our freshers rep just posted the funniest/most inappropriate/weirdest freshers message known to man on the Christs' Freshers 2011 group :rofl: :laugh:

I don't think I'd even be allowed to post it on TSR xD
Original post by kpatb
Well.

Our freshers rep just posted the funniest/most inappropriate/weirdest freshers message known to man on the Christs' Freshers 2011 group :rofl: :laugh:

Was this in a PM as opposed to on the Wall? I can't see it. :sad:
Reply 2265
Was this in a PM as opposed to on the Wall? I can't see it. :sad:

aww, you seem really upset by the fact that you dont know what it is :P

DARN. It got deleted from the wall.
(It was on the wall of the freshers page - but it's a closed group, so not everyone can see it)

Something to do with a simile between freshers week and his man parts.
I dont know if I can post it here :P

Someone must have fraped him xD
Original post by kpatb
aww, you seem really upset by the fact that you dont know what it is :P

DARN. It got deleted from the wall.
(It was on the wall of the freshers page - but it's a closed group, so not everyone can see it)

Something to do with a simile between freshers week and his man parts.
I dont know if I can post it here :P

Someone must have fraped him xD

Both are overrated? :wink:

It's fine - I think I'll live if I don't know. :p:
Original post by kpatb
Well.

Ah, I liked the page (in fact, I think I worked out who you are on it. Definitely spotted Lyam on there and I think defender90) but decided I wasn't joining the closed group. As you gave the gender of the rep, I know which one it is now :tongue: I don't know much about him so maybe he's being serious (I know the girl because she's a lawyer). Ha ha, just kidding, he probably was fraped.

It's always funny when someone gets the JCR members. Last year, someone fraped the vice-president and we all got disturbing JCR messages on facebook about vomiting after nights out and certain male bodily fluids plugging up shower holes. Then an apology off the VP explaining what happened :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2268
Original post by Got the tshirt
I don't think many people want to chance fate by joining a freshers group unless they have an unconditional offer. I know I don't :frown:

I know, that's how I felt initially too. But then I thought, hey, if I don't get in, at least I would have enjoyed all the Cambridge talk while it lasted! Also, because I'm hoping that with all my positive thinking, the universe will obey my command and give me two A's this year.

Original post by iammichealjackson
Thats probably just a rumour/execptional circumstance. I was told (from the college) that if i miss my offer, i have to fax the UMS scores, which suggests that some tutors will be inclined to let you in if your a few marks off the A*...

Same at Christ's... they said that "We automatically look at the possibility of relaxing the conditions of candidates who narrowly miss their target."
So it's nice to know that at least they CONSIDER lowering your offer if necessary.

Don't stress guys! Cross that bridge IF and when you get there!

Both are overrated? :wink:

It's fine - I think I'll live if I don't know. :p:

He was quite complementary about them, actually :P

Original post by gethsemane342
Ah, I liked the page (in fact, I think I worked out who you are on it. Definitely spotted Lyam on there and I think defender90) but decided I wasn't joining the closed group. As you gave the gender of the rep, I know which one it is now :tongue: I don't know much about him so maybe he's being serious (I know the girl because she's a lawyer). Ha ha, just kidding, he probably was fraped.

It's always funny when someone gets the JCR members. Last year, someone fraped the vice-president and we all got disturbing JCR messages on facebook about vomiting after nights out and certain male bodily fluids plugging up shower holes. Then an apology off the VP explaining what happened :tongue:

If you've seen me post on the Cambridge freshers threads on TSR and on the Christ's page on FB it would be quite easy to find out who I am - very few people (females, anyway) fit my profile :P
Well since the post was deleted a couple of hours later, I'm guessing he was fraped. 'Twas funny :biggrin:
Reply 2269
Does cambridge get our results today? Oh.
Reply 2270
Original post by Amy Luo
Does cambridge get our results today? Oh.

Yup :frown:

Edit: Just looked at your signature... Your offer is A*A*AA?? :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2271
"13-14 August - A and AS Level (etc.) results sent to CAO from UCAS; STEP results are given to CAO by Cambridge Assessment. Results are disseminated electronically to College Admissions Offices."

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_2.html

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 2272
Original post by jsadapa1
"13-14 August - A and AS Level (etc.) results sent to CAO from UCAS; STEP results are given to CAO by Cambridge Assessment. Results are disseminated electronically to College Admissions Offices."

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_2.html

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is how I feel:
:afraid::banghead::bawling::blah::eek2::eek3::eek4::zomg:

This is UCAS and CAO because they know our results and we dont:
:evilbanana:

UGGH.
Reply 2273
I feel severely tempted to ring my college and DEMAND to know my grades NOW. I actually can't physically wait any longer, I mean, I'm an emotional wreck.

:frown:
Reply 2274
In case you haven't seen it yet:
International freshers' week program: http://www.international.cusu.cam.ac.uk/
Reply 2275
Original post by Bumbl
In case you haven't seen it yet:
International freshers' week program: http://www.international.cusu.cam.ac.uk/

Thanks for the link. Though i am wondering it says "Welcome Dinner- Wednesday September 28: 1830-(venue TBC)". Are we able to get college accomodation that early? (Sept 28). Cause I have been told that we only get from October 1?
Reply 2276
Thanks for the link. Though i am wondering it says "Welcome Dinner- Wednesday September 28: 1830-(venue TBC)". Are we able to get college accomodation that early? (Sept 28). Cause I have been told that we only get from October 1?

No, you aren't REQUIRED to be there that early...
Some International freshers do go that early, some don't.

I would normally only have arrived on the 1st of October.

Also, Christ's says that the earliest you can arrive is the 2nd of October UNLESS you are an international student, in which case you may arrive on the 29th. It may be the same with your college. The best thing to do would be to email your admissions tutor if you wish to arrive early.

(I wanted to arrive on the night of the 26th and my admissions tutor said it was fine despite it clearly saying on the website that you definitely could not arrive before the 29th - if you have a good reason and if you ask, chances are you can arrive earlier :smile: )
Reply 2277
Yup :frown:

Edit: Just looked at your signature... Your offer is A*A*AA?? :eek:

I'm wondering why would the teachers work on Sunday. Just for looking at our results?

Yep, quite a high offer :/
I think it was due to my double maths.
Reply 2278
Original post by emma1701
I feel severely tempted to ring my college and DEMAND to know my grades NOW. I actually can't physically wait any longer, I mean, I'm an emotional wreck.

:frown:

Same here. I was thinking should I phone them and ask for something else see if they would say anything related.
Reply 2279
Original post by Amy Luo
Same here. I was thinking should I phone them and ask for something else see if they would say anything related.

I was thinking about sending them an email on Monday about my new address (which i updated on UCAS, but havent told the university directly), and ask a few questions regarding CAS (as i am an international applicant) for visa purposes, in hopes that their reply might give me some hints on their decision. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending