The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Amy Luo
I'm wondering why would the teachers work on Sunday. Just for looking at our results?

Yep, they normally sort out results a few days before hand.
It allows them to prepare confirmation packs for Confirmed freshers and also to sort out paperwork for the Summer pool.

They also look at relaxing conditions of those who missed their offers, so they start working from now.
Also, they know that from Thursday, they are likely to get bajillions of calls, so they probably want to get it over with before then :P

Original post by Amy Luo
Same here. I was thinking should I phone them and ask for something else see if they would say anything related.

You KNOW they won't do that :P -hug- CALM DOWN :smile:
Reply 2281
Original post by Amy Luo
I'm wondering why would the teachers work on Sunday. Just for looking at our results?

Yep, quite a high offer :/
I think it was due to my double maths.

Yup, I read somewhere that university admission offices are open the sunday prior to results day.
Gosh crazy offer for you :/ :eek:
Original post by kpatb
Yep, they normally sort out results a few days before hand.
It allows them to prepare confirmation packs for Confirmed freshers and also to sort out paperwork for the Summer pool.

They also look at relaxing conditions of those who missed their offers, so they start working from now.
Also, they know that from Thursday, they are likely to get bajillions of calls, so they probably want to get it over with before then :P

You KNOW they won't do that :P -hug- CALM DOWN :smile:

Most colleges only have to process about 150 offers and if it is done on a subject basis considerably less. They'll probably be finished by tea time!!
Reply 2283
Original post by Got the tshirt
Most colleges only have to process about 150 offers and if it is done on a subject basis considerably less. They'll probably be finished by tea time!!

And that just makes me more :angry: at them for not sharing their decisions if they have decided all our fates that quickly. :colone:
Original post by jsadapa1
And that just makes me more :angry: at them for not sharing their decisions if they have decided all our fates that quickly. :colone:

I'm savouring the last 3 days and 9 hours of being a Cambridge offer holder.
Reply 2285
sigh
I am an international applicant from hong kong
I have confidence in getting S,1 or even S,S in my STEP, which will be released a few days later
However, I probably lose my offer as I really don't think I can get 7 or above in all components of my IELTS
Reply 2286
Original post by Amy Luo
Same here. I was thinking should I phone them and ask for something else see if they would say anything related.

Ha yeah me too but I can't for the life of me think of anything to ask them other than 'pleeeeaaase just tellll meee', then I'd thought about maybe having a breakdown on the phone, but some how I just don't think they'll go for it. In fact, having tried this already in January (to see if I'd got an offer), I pretty much know the won't go for it. :frown:
But seriously though, what the hell are they doing that could possibly take 4 days? Theres about five people in each course, jeez.... get a move on!
Original post by Schnecke
I'm savouring the last 3 days and 9 hours of being a Cambridge offer holder.

:ditto:
Reply 2288
The amount of pessimism on this thread is painful to read! C'mon folks! A little positivity please! I'm sure you'll all meet your offers and be fiiiiine :awesome:

Looking back at last year's thread there were so many people worried that they wouldn't meet their offer and, in the end, the majority seemed to actually exceed it. I've got every confidence in you all :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TomU
The amount of pessimism on this thread is painful to read!

C'mon folks! A little positivity please! I'm sure you'll all meet your offers and be fiiiiine :awesome:

:woo:
Reply 2290
Yup, I read somewhere that university admission offices are open the sunday prior to results day.
Gosh crazy offer for you :/ :eek:

Yes. Maybe it's also because I got an Alevel Maths already.
but now i'm worrying about getting a A
Reply 2291

I dont know why I never came across the word CAO.
can anyone explain this to me please?
Original post by Amy Luo

In what context? Here it normally stands for Cambridge Admissions Office.
Reply 2293
Original post by Amy Luo

CAO : Cambridge Admissions Office :smile:
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/
Just out of interest, I was just wondering if people can still log into their SAQ's? I know there was talk about it around offer time and about what it meant.
I don't really believe there is any link but I tried to log in out of extreme boredom and it said my ucas id doesn't match their records. Is this the same for everyone? Hope it doesn't mean I'm rejected already :eek:
Reply 2295
Original post by lifegoeson.
Just out of interest, I was just wondering if people can still log into their SAQ's? I know there was talk about it around offer time and about what it meant.
I don't really believe there is any link but I tried to log in out of extreme boredom and it said my ucas id doesn't match their records. Is this the same for everyone? Hope it doesn't mean I'm rejected already :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, the SAQ form thing is more applicable just around new year when you find out whether or not you have an offer -- those who were straight-off offered or rejected were usually unable to access their SAQ forms, and those who were pooled are still able to. [But there were exceptions to this.] I'd imagine that, by now, no-one is able to access their SAQ forms.
Reply 2296
Original post by lifegoeson.

I cant access it either- Scared the **** out of me :redface:. I think they must have updated it so that the next year applicants can start accessing it. :colone:
Original post by nuodai
If I'm not mistaken, the SAQ form thing is more applicable just around new year when you find out whether or not you have an offer -- those who were straight-off offered or rejected were usually unable to access their SAQ forms, and those who were pooled are still able to. [But there were exceptions to this.] I'd imagine that, by now, no-one is able to access their SAQ forms.

Thanks, I did think there wouldn't be a need to keep it active for this long. Just a momentary paranoid panic :rolleyes:

I cant access it either- Scared the **** out of me :redface:. I think they must have updated it so that the next year applicants can start accessing it. :colone:

Haha that was my rational conclusion after a moment of panic :tongue: I hope my instant 'They must have deleted me from the system already with my results being so bad' reaction was wrong!
Reply 2298
OH POOP.

I seriously need to change my postal address and I can't because of course, Track is not updating records -___-
Any suggestions?
(postal is so slow in the country I live in. It will take me about 3 weeks to receive my post from the UK - I CAN'T WAIT 3 WEEKS TO FIND OUT WHO MY COLLEGE PARENTS ARE x___x)

Should I just email the college and ask them to change my postal address on CamSIS/the cambridge system?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by emma1701
Ha yeah me too but I can't for the life of me think of anything to ask them other than 'pleeeeaaase just tellll meee', then I'd thought about maybe having a breakdown on the phone, but some how I just don't think they'll go for it. In fact, having tried this already in January (to see if I'd got an offer), I pretty much know the won't go for it. :frown:
But seriously though, what the hell are they doing that could possibly take 4 days? Theres about five people in each course, jeez.... get a move on!

They gave me my offer over the phone in January (well it was my sister who rang with appropriately trembling voice).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending