The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by Roobsa
Nope, that didn't. You have to click on 'Share' (above the photo) then 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'. Then choose BBCode and copy that into a reply here.

Ah, thanks :biggrin:

Original post by snailsareslimy
Honestly can't decide, so these 2:

what can i say, sheep ftw :wink:

I love the depth of field on the first one, but the second one's just plain cute :wink:

What a lovely day :smile:
Original post by The Procrastinator
Thanks! :biggrin: I had about 50 crap ones amongst these too haha! I haven't got a macro lens either me dear! I am using macro filters at the moment (dead cheap). They do the trick...for now. They don't go as close to things as I would like though. Plus image quality isn't so good with them.

Check them out, they are cheap enough to buy whilst you save for a proper lens, also it will teach you how to use them properly before you get the real thing :smile:

They look like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-58MM-MACRO-CLOSE-UP-LENS-SET-4-Filter-Kit-1-2-4-10-/180508720220?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item2a07287c5c

Make sure you get the right lens size...I didn't get it right first time haha! So if yours is a 58mm lens get that size. Then just screw on to the end of your normal lens.

Sorry if you know all this!! haha! Just trying to help :smile:

Wow, I'm surprised how good the quality is with those. I'm using extension tubes at the moment. I don't think I had those when I first tried water drops, so I might give it another go.
Reply 2664

These are just a couple I like. This thread is awesome :smile:
some more common wildlife from me

a hoverfly by refrigerate, on Flickr

butterfly by refrigerate, on Flickr

Sheep ftw indeed :smug:
Reply 2667
Im new here ;__; this is my one, Its a place in Wales where thar are ruins of castles :]!

i hope ya likes o:
Honestly can't decide, so these 2:

The second one - :thumbsup:
Original post by KissMyArtichoke
Wow, I'm surprised how good the quality is with those. I'm using extension tubes at the moment. I don't think I had those when I first tried water drops, so I might give it another go.

If you go back a couple of pages I did a macro jumping spider with them...maybe another spider too. They don't look too bad to be honest :biggrin:
Reply 2671
Took a couple in Barcelona that I'm quite fond of, not necessarily great shots but.. I like 'em :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Lucyyy
Took a couple in Barcelona that I'm quite fond of, not necessarily great shots but.. I like 'em :biggrin:

Spoiler

Love the 'gator :}
They're all really nice :smile:
Original post by The Procrastinator
If you go back a couple of pages I did a macro jumping spider with them...maybe another spider too. They don't look too bad to be honest :biggrin:

I took this with the extension tubes.
Original post by KissMyArtichoke
I took this with the extension tubes.

Woah, that's cool. I've seen other fly pics on Flickr...the eyes always look fake...I know they're not! It's just because you've focused in on them (which is a good thing). Flies are a bit too small for my macro filters...they would be the size of a 2p coin on the screen.

I need to look up these extention tube things (I've only been doing "proper" photography for about 2 months...)
I took this whilst volunteering at a Tiger sanctuary in Thailand back in April, right when I was first getting into photography. Still one of my favourite shots.

Sleeping Tiger by stanmoor1989, on Flickr
This is a favourite at the moment. I love shooting in the rain. Very wet camera, very wet photographer and very wet photographer's mate but it was worth it :biggrin:

Original post by stanmoor
I took this whilst volunteering at a Tiger sanctuary in Thailand back in April, right when I was first getting into photography. Still one of my favourite shots.

Sleeping Tiger by stanmoor1989, on Flickr

Beautiful :smile:

Original post by Nuffles
This is a favourite at the moment. I love shooting in the rain. Very wet camera, very wet photographer and very wet photographer's mate but it was worth it :biggrin:

I really like this Nuffles, I think if would be epic if there was a bit of diffused lighting from the front as well. Then, taking lighting equipment out in the rain is never a good idea!

Rep for you both :biggrin:

edit: bah, already repped you recently Nuffles. :sigh:
Here are some of my latest. I haven't touched them.
- First sight of London.

- Going from Oxford to London (there's nothing special about this one, I just like it!).

- Gonville & Caius College (the sky is so perfect it looks unreal)

- Westminster Abbey
Original post by Nuffles

[]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/6043439106_1386b5c324_z.jpg

:eek:

Please tell me your equipment was weather sealed!

(Nice shots! I prefer the one you posted to the other one on your flickr)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending