The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
The address for the 17th/18th is: J.P. Morgan, 10 Aldermanbury, London, EC2V 7RF.

I would presume its the same for both
Reply 561
Original post by skaur
Exactly the same. They emailed saying they'd accepted but do we need to get in touch?

Also I've accidently managed to delete the email, all I have is the login page of my account at JP morgan that says I've been successful. Could someone please give me the address (10/11 august)

125 London wall, ec2y 5aj
Reply 562
Original post by f.bloggs1
The address for the 17th/18th is: J.P. Morgan, 10 Aldermanbury, London, EC2V 7RF.

No it's different, they changed the address last minute to the main one 125 London Wall

**** this, I'm gatecrashing.

Anyone that ever reads this post applying next year (2012). Focus on your Cover Letter.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 564
How was the 10th/11th one? Anything we should know before coming next week?
How did everyone find it?
Did you network/get contact details?
Reply 566
Original post by woods.vanessa
How did everyone find it?
Did you network/get contact details?

Oh God Yah, did you network darlings? How was the money-making looking? Are JPM still raping and pillaging? Brilliant! Fab for all you Oxbridge types to be able to walk in there and start taking away money!

Did you lot hear that traders are busy leaving Goldman Sachs as they cannot now make the same huge bonus money in New York given the regulatory environment. How long do you think it will be before JPM is in the same situation?
Original post by Fires
Oh God Yah, did you network darlings? How was the money-making looking? Are JPM still raping and pillaging? Brilliant! Fab for all you Oxbridge types to be able to walk in there and start taking away money!

Did you lot hear that traders are busy leaving Goldman Sachs as they cannot now make the same huge bonus money in New York given the regulatory environment. How long do you think it will be before JPM is in the same situation?

Some of GS business moved to JPM looking at the last quarter earnings results.

Whether that is a medium term trend is what we will have to wait to see.
Reply 568
Original post by The Rebirth Trader
Some of GS business moved to JPM looking at the last quarter earnings results.

Whether that is a medium term trend is what we will have to wait to see.

I'm sure they will come up with another crisis to justify the US handing over yet more free money and taxpayer dollars to it, so you should all be able to carry living off the rest of our backs for some years to come, until the end of the current world financial system, which appears now to be not as far off as many once thought.
Anyone who went on the 10th, could you PM me the names of the guy from M&A, please? Forgot to write it down. :facepalm:
^How was it then, roughly how many people were there?
Original post by Astronomical
Anyone who went on the 10th, could you PM me the names of the guy from M&A, please? Forgot to write it down. :facepalm:

What good is a name?
Original post by Competencies
What good is a name?

Never a bad thing to know people in the business. And if they turn up at other events for FO, then I'll be able to ask them more specific questions as, I already have an idea about what it is they do. Networking!
Never a bad thing to know people in the business. And if they turn up at other events for FO, then I'll be able to ask them more specific questions as, I already have an idea about what it is they do. Networking!

Fair enough actually.

I always wonder if people write down a few names and then when they're asked on an application form if they know anyone in the firm they put those down. That can;t be a good idea.
Original post by Competencies
Fair enough actually.

I always wonder if people write down a few names and then when they're asked on an application form if they know anyone in the firm they put those down. That can;t be a good idea.

I bet some people actually do that! Must be rather amusing for the recruiters if they ask said person "do you know X? He put on his application he knows you!" and the answer is "No, never heard of him!".
Reply 575
I bet some people actually do that! Must be rather amusing for the recruiters if they ask said person "do you know X? He put on his application he knows you!" and the answer is "No, never heard of him!".

How was it in general? Anything specific useful to know beforehand?
How was it in general? Anything specific useful to know beforehand?

It was good, well worth going. And you don't really need to know anything to be honest, as they just assume no knowledge and explain anything technical they mention. We got a "jargon buster" which had explanations in too. If anything, I think knowing what bonds, equities, derivatives would have been useful!

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a feint idea about the area you'd like to go into though, so you can ask some good questions to the people that are actually working in that area - although you can almost guarantee somebody else will ask the same question anyway.
Reply 577
Cheers, will remind myself on those
Reply 578
It was good, well worth going. And you don't really need to know anything to be honest, as they just assume no knowledge and explain anything technical they mention. We got a "jargon buster" which had explanations in too. If anything, I think knowing what bonds, equities, derivatives would have been useful!

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a feint idea about the area you'd like to go into though, so you can ask some good questions to the people that are actually working in that area - although you can almost guarantee somebody else will ask the same question anyway.

Yeah, crumbs, I mean who needs knowledge when you are making easy money all day at the JP Morgan cash tills with the help of an Oxbridge degree which you also didn't work terribly hard for?

Some of you may be interested to know that JPM is actually insolvent as it has vast undisclosed off-balance sheet debts on the multi-trillion $ CDO and CDS markets, not mention a vast and completely exposed Silver short position and staggeringly unlikely ability to collect on all those US government bonds. Oh dear.
Original post by Fires
Yeah, crumbs, I mean who needs knowledge when you are making easy money all day at the JP Morgan cash tills with the help of an Oxbridge degree which you also didn't work terribly hard for?

Some of you may be interested to know that JPM is actually insolvent as it has vast undisclosed off-balance sheet debts on the multi-trillion $ CDO and CDS markets, not mention a vast and completely exposed Silver short position and staggeringly unlikely ability to collect on all those US government bonds. Oh dear.

Cool story bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending