The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Don't know, iPhone 5, and a couple poised models from HTC with a defined response from Samsung themselves with an S3, doubt this will even stay current.

I don't see last year's desire dying any time soon
Reply 5741
Iphones are a thing of the past apple can't keep up with the power of android phones. The SG II is an unbelieveable phone, and im pretty sure that the next iphone will be able to beat it.

Original post by G8D
You will find some games in x months won't run smoothly on your phone but this is nothing to be too bothered about, to me anyway.

How's the HD2 holding up? :gah:

Original post by G8D
It's fast enough for me generally.

Keels over and dies when I try to play 3D games (mainly from over heating not from not being powerful enough).
It's also blistering on the back panel from over heating :s-smilie:

Good otherwise though. Contract is up at the end of this month and I don't plan to upgrade just yet. Just go rolling/SIM-only til next generation.

Cool, does that mean you'll just be able to call up and ask for an upgrade when you see something you like? Or would you have to get a new phone elsewhere?

Original post by G8D
I won't be upgrading atm unless they offer me an awesome retention deal on the SGS2 or something.

I'd rather wait and see what comes next :smile:

I had a look at the SGS2 earlier today, because my mum is due an upgrade soon, and it's ridiculous :coma:
I exchanged my S2 and my new one isn't anywhere near as hot but it seems to be rooted already. Should I return it?
Original post by G8D
How did you work out it was rooted?

Kernel is different it has root@DELL 101#2 at the end.
Original post by F_shakeey

Kernel is different it has root@DELL 101#2 at the end.

Install this https://market.android.com/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&feature=search_result and see if you have root access. I don't think you do tho.
Original post by wizard710
Install this https://market.android.com/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&feature=search_result and see if you have root access. I don't think you do tho.

Thanks it says I don't have root access yet why is it named in my kernel?

Lol but seriously? :tongue:

Lol but seriously? :tongue:

Well you can have custom Rom + Kernal but not have root.
I have a the HTC Legend and the battery is ridiculas, doesn't even last a day if I use it as am a Smartphone. Anyone know if theres any better batteries for it? I use Juice Defender as well
(edited 12 years ago)

Thanks it says I don't have root access yet why is it named in my kernel?

Dunno, lots of things are root but don't neccessarily mean root rights eg the root directory
Original post by yoyo462001
Well you can have custom Rom + Kernal but not have root.

Original post by G8D
I Googled it and it seems to be a standard kernel :iiam:

Original post by wizard710
Dunno, lots of things are root but don't neccessarily mean root rights eg the root directory

Oh right thanks a lot guys I'm still new to android haha

Have you got any tips on how to make the most of my phone?
Original post by TheCasual

Original post by TheCasual
I have a the HTC Legend and the battery is ridiculas, doesn't even last a day if I use it as am a Smartphone. Anyone know if theres any better batteries for it? I use Juice Defender as well

Root your phone. Mine (Desire HD overclocked to 1.6ghz) can easily last two days if I use it normally so there is no reason why with a decent Rom and Kernal yours won't last the same.
Original post by G8D
Root it? :smile:

Im a noob so I don't even know what it us or what it does or how I do it..
I see.
Im a noob so I don't even know what it us or what it does or how I do it..

:ditto:
Orange monte carlo?? Review people? Worth getting?
SOny ericson x8 specs? WOrth getting?
Well I'm going to address the Elephant in the room.

Google buying MOTOROLA!! :eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending