The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Mature Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hi..
am 23.. will be pursuing a postgrad in acc and finance.. they gave me opal 2..
going by the posts.. it seems most of us are barely in our mid-twenties... so.. really!?! "mature applicants!!!?"
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by rah
hi..
am 23.. will be pursuing a postgrad in acc and finance.. they gave me opal 2..
going by the posts.. it seems most of us are barely in our mid-twenties... so.. really!?! "mature applicants!!!?"

Well, actually if you're 23 and starting a postgraduate course then you don't qualify as a mature student.
Reply 42
Original post by Peregrinum
Well, actually if you're 23 and starting a postgraduate course then you don't qualify as a mature student.

umm... well.. then how do u define a mature applicant?
Original post by rah
umm... well.. then how do u define a mature applicant?

Personally, I wouldn't consider a student to be mature unless he/she was at least 10 years older than the people who go to university right after high school (so close to 30).

However, the regulations (or whatever) say that a mature student is a person who's 21 or over on the first day of an undergraduate course or 25 and over on the first day of a postgraduate course. If you're 23 and starting your grad studies then congrats - you're a "normal" grad student.
Reply 44
Original post by Peregrinum
Personally, I wouldn't consider a student to be mature unless he/she was at least 10 years older than the people who go to university right after high school (so close to 30).

However, the regulations (or whatever) say that a mature student is a person who's 21 or over on the first day of an undergraduate course or 25 and over on the first day of a postgraduate course. If you're 23 and starting your grad studies then congrats - you're a "normal" grad student.

ohh ok then! I was hoping to find some PG students here though...
Reply 45
Hey-oh, I'm 21 and confirmed to study English Language and Literature. I'll be staying in Broad Lane Court! (Seems there's a lot of mature folk going to BLC?)
Reply 46
Yo, I'm 21 and got Broad Lane Court too. What Flat you in? I'm in 4.

Original post by Routhy
Hey-oh, I'm 21 and confirmed to study English Language and Literature. I'll be staying in Broad Lane Court! (Seems there's a lot of mature folk going to BLC?)
Reply 47
Flat 1 Room 5, methinks we'll be neighbours :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by DuskyC
I've applied for Broad Lane Court :smile:

so.. did they allocate you yet..?
Reply 49
Original post by rah
so.. did they allocate you yet..?

They allocated me yesterday :smile: flat 13, room 5.
Reply 50
Ah cool, more people in Broad Lane Court! :smile: There seem to be a lot of flats, how many people are there per flat?
Reply 51
Hello, Im new to the forum but not Sheffield - having studied Biomaterials Science and tissue engineering there for 4 years. Going back to do a PhD and have persuaded my dad that it would be better for him to be my landlord and here it is!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33644276.html

Going to be living with my old housemate, Colin and hopefully another mature student but yet to sort anything out. Everyone seems to be going for flats!

Oh and Hi DuskyC - nice to see another person from the West country discovering how great Sheffield is!
Reply 52
Original post by iJoeL
Oh and Hi DuskyC - nice to see another person from the West country discovering how great Sheffield is!

Hi :biggrin: I've noticed a few of us actually!
Reply 53
Original post by DuskyC

Original post by DuskyC
This is a fairly old thread, but is there anyone else in their 20s off to Sheffield in September? (I'm 23) :smile:

Hey I'm at Sheffield this coming year. Am 21 and going to be in Endcliffe halls :-)
Reply 54
I'm coming this Sept for MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL, and i'm 24 :biggrin: staying in west one apartments. What courses are you doing?
Reply 55
Original post by 07734
Yo, I'm 21 and got Broad Lane Court too. What Flat you in? I'm in 4.

I'm in flat 1 - I guess we'll only be a few doors down from one another!

Quick Reply

Latest