The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'mronburgundy?
They should reply? Hmmm. I never got a reply :confused:

We don't reply as standard, no. It's something that we are looking into but it's not an automated system. Someone here would be sending a lot of emails if we did.

Original post by Benammieh
Do u think they will give out more offers on monday?

As mentioned previously we might but I'm not sure if it will be today.

Original post by jelly1000
cheers for those, didnt see them before! but the room looks a good size. and yeah i cant wait. also am i right in thinking their arent any lifts?

There are lifts in some blocks but not others. Unfortunetely they do get vandalised and they cost "a lot" (we're talking £1000s) to repair when they get broken. The rents would be a lot higher if we had lifts in all the buildings because of this.

Original post by Fliq
Haha so true though ! I remember when I was in year 10 and we had a school trip to sheffield and stayed at the university... I pressed the lift button, when the door opened the lift was full with people dancing and drinking to zombie nation! Party in the lift lol.

I think this proves my point!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Jakelee
Just sent my acceptance email woop!

Is everyone else moving in on the 24th?

Yeah 24th for me as well, Britten house. I think most/all unconditionals have been given the 24th as move in day.
Original post by Heyyouthere
Yeah 24th for me as well, Britten house. I think most/all unconditionals have been given the 24th as move in day.

Good guess but it's because of the building and flat that you've been allocated to. We split the buildings up so that we can control traffic and parking on campus while you are trying to move in.
UEAAccommodation - How many conditional applicants get their first choice? Thanks x
Reply 2064
I have move in date 25th. UEAAccomodation has been soooo helpful :-) thanks for all the answers !! :-)
Reply 2065
Just accepted my accomodation for UEA :smile: Anyone moving into Constable Terrace on the 24th?!?
Original post by dreamofaninsomniac
UEAAccommodation - How many conditional applicants get their first choice? Thanks x

70-75% normally. 90% will get one of their top 3.
Thanks so much, UEAAccommodation, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has benefited from your help. I've got my room offer now and I will be living in SUFFOLK TERRACE!! :biggrin: so excited! See you all down there guys, and for all you conditionals, the very, very best of luck with your results!
Original post by Fliq
I have move in date 25th. UEAAccomodation has been soooo helpful :-) thanks for all the answers !! :-)

Original post by queenvictoria
Thanks so much, UEAAccommodation, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has benefited from your help. I've got my room offer now and I will be living in SUFFOLK TERRACE!! :biggrin: so excited! See you all down there guys, and for all you conditionals, the very, very best of luck with your results!

No problems, just trying to help.
Original post by mrk12a

Original post by mrk12a
Just a question about the halls. I live 30 miles away from the uea and was wondering whether i would get accommodation in the halls or not? Do they think i have to commute from that distance?

thanks any help appreciated

I studied at UEA from Sept. 2009-Jan. 2011 and the answer is "maybe". Certainly when I was there they looked at these cases on an individual basis. So you might well be able to get somewhere on campus.

**GO NELSON COURT!**
Original post by Niamh*

Original post by Niamh*
Just accepted my accomodation for UEA :smile: Anyone moving into Constable Terrace on the 24th?!?

Have a wonderful time. Constable Terrace is a great block, very central in terms of the new buildings and easy for access to the centre of campus. My undergrad' studies at UEA didn't quite work out for me because of my health, but I guarantee you you'll have an amazing time because it's a fabulous uni' and Norwich is a great city in which to be a student. Just don't go to Mercy too much! (The LCR's better: cheaper & closer! And Blue Bar hosts and magnificent student quiz night on Sundays!)

Have a wonderful time. I might see you in a couple've years as I'll be heading back to do my Masters in American History fairly soon...(When money allows, at any rate.)

UEAaccommodation is a great help! Did you get your offer today?
Reply 2072
Ah the waiting is killing me. I only return from Thailand on the 23rd of September, I want to know where I will be living haha!
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
UEAaccommodation is a great help! Did you get your offer today?

Yes, I got it first thing this morning, my college email can be quite dodgy though so maybe it took a few days to show up? I don't know. Have you heard anything yet? I'm sure you will soon, and it looks like most of us unconditionals are getting our first choices too! :biggrin:
Yes, I got it first thing this morning, my college email can be quite dodgy though so maybe it took a few days to show up? I don't know. Have you heard anything yet? I'm sure you will soon, and it looks like most of us unconditionals are getting our first choices too! :biggrin:

Ooh right, yay I hope I get my first choice haha! What was your second? I haven't heard anything yet :frown: Hopefully it won't be too long!
Random question...
Does the code SWK stand for Social Work or Social Work AND Psychology?
Reply 2076
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
Ooh right, yay I hope I get my first choice haha! What was your second? I haven't heard anything yet :frown: Hopefully it won't be too long!

Sorry to butt in here, are you unconditional as well? I am and haven't heard anything either yet...It obviously won't be long but I am very impatient at the moment!
Original post by Riley26
Sorry to butt in here, are you unconditional as well? I am and haven't heard anything either yet...It obviously won't be long but I am very impatient at the moment!

Hey :smile:, you aren't butting in! Yeah I am an unconditional, don't worry I'm getting impatient too :P I am sure it is going to be soon also, but I just want to know haha!
Reply 2078
Just sent back my room acceptance :smile: anyone else moving into Constable Terrace on the 25th? Also, does everyone moving into the same flat get their key on the same day, or is it split over the weekend?
Original post by Heyyouthere

Hi, I'm going to be in Britten as well. I'm not moving in until the 25th though.

Latest

Trending

Trending