The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340

Spoiler

I'm so looking forward to The Inbetweeners too, despite the fact Mum's more familiar with some of the plotlines than I am-awkward? :')
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

I'm so looking forward to The Inbetweeners too, despite the fact Mum's more familiar with some of the plotlines than I am-awkward? :')

About the easter egg. WOW. So I'm not the only one who can get three easter eggs at the beginning of march and still have them in the middle of june...
Reply 1342
Original post by .snowflake.
About the easter egg. WOW. So I'm not the only one who can get three easter eggs at the beginning of march and still have them in the middle of june...

Same... :colondollar:
I want to! Looks like its going to be hilarious. Wating until my friend comes back from Paris first though.

Hey, your friend is in Paris? It would be funny if we'd walked past each other haha
I love me some Inbetweeners! :biggrin:

Original post by Kebabbi
Same... :colondollar:

My stepmum is like that and she hasn't got an ED. I always end up eating bts of her easter eggs when I go round to my dad's house. No-one ever gets me Easter eggs so I don't have that problem. I wouldn't have that problem if someone *did* get me an Easter egg! :tongue:
Original post by diamonddust
My stepmum is like that and she hasn't got an ED. I always end up eating bts of her easter eggs when I go round to my dad's house. No-one ever gets me Easter eggs so I don't have that problem. I wouldn't have that problem if someone *did* get me an Easter egg! :tongue:

The thing is, I'll eat all the choccie that comes with the easter egg fairly soon, because its all nicely portioned and I know if someones nicked a bit, but if i open an easter egg, crack it into bits and stick it in a bowl in the fridge, mum/dad/ my sister/ the dog etc will help themselves.
Reply 1346
The thing is, I'll eat all the choccie that comes with the easter egg fairly soon, because its all nicely portioned and I know if someones nicked a bit, but if i open an easter egg, crack it into bits and stick it in a bowl in the fridge, mum/dad/ my sister/ the dog etc will help themselves.

Same again! Yesterday I asked my sister if she wanted a bit and told her, "I'll just leave it in the fridge". An hour later half the egg's gone >_<
Reply 1347

Original post by Riku
Same again! Yesterday I asked my sister if she wanted a bit and told her, &quot;I'll just leave it in the fridge&quot;. An hour later half the egg's gone &gt;_&lt;

Ugh, I know what you mean. Anyone else get bizarrely possessive about food though? My brother always points out that it takes me so long to buck up the courage to actually eat chocolate that it always ends up all white and flaky and gross, so it does seem logical that he should eat it instead... but I still get so annoyed when other people eat my food! :rolleyes:
My easter eggs usually last like a day, or a week max... I have loaaads at a time, then I bring them back up :frown: I just can't resist the taste of chocolate!
Just managed to eat noodles with fried courgette and onion with a piece of salmon in black bean sauce. I'm trying so hard to eat well but then I don't know if that's too much. Im scared and shaking but I should be happy, I think, its an achievement right?
Reply 1350
Original post by squiff93
Just managed to eat noodles with fried courgette and onion with a piece of salmon in black bean sauce. I'm trying so hard to eat well but then I don't know if that's too much. Im scared and shaking but I should be happy, I think, its an achievement right?

:yep: well done! Black bean sauce is bloody tasty as well.

Something I've been having recently when I get too overwhelmed is 'eggy strips'. It's basically a single-egg omlette - whisk up an egg and a bit of grated cheese in a mug, season it and fry it in an omlette pan, then cut into strips and dip in ketchup. I usually get freaked out by frying food (something about that smell) but this is so light you don't even notice. Plus I find cutting it into strips comforting, it's like eating toast soldiers (no coincidence I read the recipe in a magazine article about cooking for young children...) I know it's not exactly nutritious and salmon noodles would be way better (and tastier) but it's better than nothing if you start to find it difficult :smile:
Can't have anything sweet and then stop - cannot stop. So it's no deserty things at all :frown:
Original post by Cinamon
Can't have anything sweet and then stop - cannot stop. So it's no deserty things at all :frown:

how about if you plan it - like say every friday i can have a ...... and choose something thats portioned in a small pot so the portion feels controlled? that way if you do have something it's planned and you intended to so your not 'giving in' or 'failing' which is what your ed will always try to tell you
Original post by Kebabbi
:yep: well done! Black bean sauce is bloody tasty as well.

Something I've been having recently when I get too overwhelmed is 'eggy strips'. It's basically a single-egg omlette - whisk up an egg and a bit of grated cheese in a mug, season it and fry it in an omlette pan, then cut into strips and dip in ketchup. I usually get freaked out by frying food (something about that smell) but this is so light you don't even notice. Plus I find cutting it into strips comforting, it's like eating toast soldiers (no coincidence I read the recipe in a magazine article about cooking for young children...) I know it's not exactly nutritious and salmon noodles would be way better (and tastier) but it's better than nothing if you start to find it difficult :smile:

that sounds like something i'm going to try :biggrin: i like the idea of cooking my meals at the moment rather than just eating a load of rice crackers with philadelphia or something it feels more propper and like a start in adopting a more normal way of eating.

i run out of meal ideas though i'm so used to eating safe and samey kind of things so its just nice to have a change and try to enjoy the taste of a meal rather than think about it's calorie value....

grilling things is always good i might start finding things to grill :smile: i attempted cherry tomatoes today, turned into a mushy mess but still tasted alright at least....
Original post by Kebabbi
Ugh, I know what you mean. Anyone else get bizarrely possessive about food though? My brother always points out that it takes me so long to buck up the courage to actually eat chocolate that it always ends up all white and flaky and gross, so it does seem logical that he should eat it instead... but I still get so annoyed when other people eat my food! :rolleyes:

Yes. I do. I've got a bag of German haribo in my rucksack, that I've not told anyone at home about, because they're MINE. Going to be fun when I find them in my bag whilst looking for something else,probably my calculator, end up going Oooh, haribo. Then everyone in my room in the sixth form block,will want one, and theres about... 12 of us in there. One can't eat them because she's Veggie and another just doesn't eat. One small 0.80€ bag of haribo will not last very long if that happens.
i really dont know how i feel about this meal anymore - i keep getting scared that it was unhealthy and there were hidden fats somewhere in it, maybe i put too much oil or sauce etc etc ....

trying so hard to eat sensibly but i don't know what that is anymore ..... eventhough i know the calorie value more than non ed people i still like to add more onto everything which makes everything seem bad and scary :frown:
i really dont know how i feel about this meal anymore - i keep getting scared that it was unhealthy and there were hidden fats somewhere in it, maybe i put too much oil or sauce etc etc ....

trying so hard to eat sensibly but i don't know what that is anymore ..... eventhough i know the calorie value more than non ed people i still like to add more onto everything which makes everything seem bad and scary :frown:

Squiff, it wasn't unhealthy. The noodles give you energy, and are yummy. The courgette and onions are veg, and the salmon has these fancy things that are good for your brain.
Squiff, it wasn't unhealthy. The noodles give you energy, and are yummy. The courgette and onions are veg, and the salmon has these fancy things that are good for your brain.

i guess it can only get easier - had a little cry about it but it's alright now :biggrin:
i guess it can only get easier - had a little cry about it but it's alright now :biggrin:

Huggles.:hugs: god, you don't realise how much I'd like to hack the top of your head off and get rid of the horrible voice thats in there. And Hug you. Lots. Admittedly I'd do that to everyone on here.
Huggles.:hugs: god, you don't realise how much I'd like to hack the top of your head off and get rid of the horrible voice thats in there. And Hug you. Lots. Admittedly I'd do that to everyone on here.

awh thanks :jumphug: i've been eating a hell of a lot better recently the voice is either getting weaker or more sensible.

had an appointment with the nurse today and it went pretty well - made me realise how much easier life is when i'm a bit more laid back, although i avoided going up to the blood test room for the third time in a row so next time i go i'm going to get SLAUGHTERED by the doctor :frown: which i deserve a little bit but i just hate them and i'm so worried about it because they always through up some kind of problem.

Quick Reply

Latest