The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Jellytots122

but still please someone convince me my social life isn't screwed!! haha :smile:

Seriously, by the end of the first week you'll have got in with a lot of people with sofas you can sleep on so you don't miss out on wild nights out :P
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by James52
Is anyone planning to study physics or applied maths and physics? :biggrin:

My firm is Physics with Astrophysics and my insurance is Physics with Computer Science :biggrin:
I did apply for applied maths and physics but then i went to a open day for people with who had applied for physics and/or maths and didnt like the maths department so i declined the offer :smile:
Original post by Hollypops
It's now 3 weeks until A-Level results day and I'm worrying more than ever as to whether or not I will have achieved the grades I need to study at Queen's in September. Everyone else waiting for results worrying about getting in to Queen's? As soon as I get my results and acceptance to Queen's, my mum's got to book ferry tickets and then it's go go go!! Can't wait to move into Elm's Village, so excited to live in halls with a group of new and interesting people!!

Stomach's really going all up and down and twirling at the moment! How's everyone else doing?!

I'm doing the same..I'm on a gap year now. I just had to get 3 more marks in one subject this year so I'm hopeful haha. How are you finding the travel arrangements etc? And who's coming with you? :smile:
Original post by Hollypops
I'm a student from England!
I have a conditional offer for English and am waiting for a response for English with Creative Writing! Should hear something soon!

I have a conditional offer for English and Politics, and I'm from England
Original post by PianoGirl93
My firm is Physics with Astrophysics and my insurance is Physics with Computer Science :biggrin:
I did apply for applied maths and physics but then i went to a open day for people with who had applied for physics and/or maths and didnt like the maths department so i declined the offer :smile:

Lucky!! I'd love to do astrophysics! I've spent most of my gap year lazing about watching physics shows..

Wanted to put it down as my backup application but sadly you need maths and I dropped it after AS :frown:
7 days people!! :s-smilie:
Hi sorry if this has already come up but does anyone know when we find out what accommodation we've got??
Reply 287
Original post by Tungsten180
Hi sorry if this has already come up but does anyone know when we find out what accommodation we've got??

I'm not 100% sure but I think someone told me the 2nd week after results day :s
Original post by Tungsten180

On the Queen's accomodation Facebook page it says the week of the 18th? It's a really good page, worth a look anyway :smile:
Original post by JennyDigital
Congrats =] Just curious, have you studied it before?

No I haven't! So be interesting to see what its like :smile:
Original post by Nicole_Sarah
No I haven't! So be interesting to see what its like :smile:

Finally someone else who hasn't xD
Reply 291
Just read through the module descriptions for English :biggrin: Made me all excited now!! :colone: I really really really hope my results are awesome and they welcome me with open arms!

Gonna check UCAS in the morning, hope Queen's have accepted me, then get mama to book the ferry ticket and finish the list of what is left to get!!!
Finally someone else who hasn't xD

Ohh thats good! Someone in the same situation! Are you waiting for results?
Reply 293
QUB is my Insurance, International Politics & Conflict Studies with Spanish :wink:
Reply 294
haha, this made me feel better :smile: only problem is being ready for uni the next morning lol! are you staying at home?

Nah I'm going into final year in Sept! :frown: I stayed in Elms for first year, but know plenty of people who didn't and just blagged a sofa/floor/other side of the bed from someone and got all the benefits of Belfast nights without the extortionate Elms prices :P Good luck for results day!
Original post by Nicole_Sarah
Ohh thats good! Someone in the same situation! Are you waiting for results?

Nope, unconditional, you?
Nope, unconditional, you?

Same :smile: Glad I'm not stressing out for anything tomorrow!
Reply 297
Got an offer (conditional) from QUB but just in case, anyone know of any clearing places that are going?
How come i didn't see this..? lol

ohh aye just wait the people staying in halls are so going to be jealous :wink: hehe

going to be wild!... :smile:

They may not be as fun but they'll be like 30 times as fun... Trivial Pursuit anyone...
Okay. What is the deal people!?

For my course at Queen's I needed ABB - I've got A*AB. Whilst people with lower grades than me and applied for the same firm as me got their confirmation on UCAS at 7am, why has my UCAS remained the same as always - hasn't changed at all.

Even their website portal says 'Pending Decision'. I don't understand why this is when I've not only met, but exceeded my offer :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending