The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinstriped.flower
Last year it was on UCAS track in the morning for St Hilda's and I think I received a letter in the post soon after with information about going etc.

thanks!
how much after you sent your grades?
Original post by 04ghicks
No I didn't just make a mumsnet account and pretend to be acting on the behalf of my worried son :colonhash:

I didn't even veil it, I just said it was me.

Let me know if they reply.
I find it quite amusing how they all talk about their DCs DDs and DSs

DC = darling child
DD = darling daughter
DS = (you guessed it) darling son
Original post by fluteflute

DC = darling child
DD = darling daughter

So THATS what the 'D' stands for...

I can safely say TSR > Mumsnet
It scares me that 6 or 7 new people have been added to Queen's College's Freshers group on Facebook, one having interests in International and Constitutional Law. Bet he has my place.
Original post by fluteflute

DC = darling child
DD = darling daughter

yeh, whatever happened to AC, BD and BS?

Spoiler

Original post by tommy1311
It scares me that 6 or 7 new people have been added to Queen's College's Freshers group on Facebook, one having interests in International and Constitutional Law. Bet he has my place.

:jumphug:
They have more than one Law place per year! Chin up, I know how you feel as I have always gone to pieces before getting results of all sorts, honestly it's better if you try to distract yourself (v hard I know).
Original post by moritzplatz
thanks!
how much after you sent your grades?

Sorry - I didn't read your post that carefully and I guess you are international and it works differently. Our grades are automatically sent to the university before we even hear about them.. I suppose they will send out your letter with everyone else's who will get their results on Thursday, but the post might take longer for you.
Original post by Festina lente
:jumphug:
They have more than one Law place per year! Chin up, I know how you feel as I have always gone to pieces before getting results of all sorts, honestly it's better if you try to distract yourself (v hard I know).

Off out tonight, best way to forget is to get drunk!

I've told people that I really don't think I've done it, but they think I'm just being modest. I'm really not, I never expected to even get this far.
Original post by pinstriped.flower
Sorry - I didn't read your post that carefully and I guess you are international and it works differently. Our grades are automatically sent to the university before we even hear about them.. I suppose they will send out your letter with everyone else's who will get their results on Thursday, but the post might take longer for you.

oh ok thanks :smile:

I've told people that I really don't think I've done it, but they think I'm just being modest. I'm really not, I never expected to even get this far.

That happens to me too. I've always been in the top classes at school and have done quite well in exams and stuff so far, so when you're genuinely worried people just think you're being annoying because they're so sure you'll have done it!

Good idea! Then hopefully sleep in tomorrow and you're nearly there.
I do know how you feel wrt other people's reactions, try not to worry about them though; I guess it must be hard to find something to say. Getting an Oxford offer is a massive achievement and something to be proud of whatever happens.
Have my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Original post by 04ghicks
That happens to me too. I've always been in the top classes at school and have done quite well in exams and stuff so far, so when you're genuinely worried people just think you're being annoying because they're so sure you'll have done it!

It's really irritating. Not that I'll be saying 'I told you so' on Thursday...At least I hope I won't!

Original post by Festina lente
Good idea! Then hopefully sleep in tomorrow and you're nearly there.
I do know how you feel wrt other people's reactions, try not to worry about them though; I guess it must be hard to find something to say. Getting an Oxford offer is a massive achievement and something to be proud of whatever happens.
Have my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Just have to see what happens. My parents said that getting the interview was a huge achievement and I'll tell you what I told them - I disagree. If there was something that COMES from just getting a place or interview then yeah, but it really won't matter if it's all for nothing.
If I feel this nervous now, I'm not sure how I'm going to cope tomorrow. I keep feeling silly for being this anxious, before remembering that actually it is my whole future at stake... I haven't felt this bad since waiting for my Oxford letter. I suppose we should all be glad we at least know when we're finding out, not like with all that bloody snow.

My plan to go out all night to celebrate/drown my sorrows on Thursday might hit a snag, because I know I'll struggle to sleep on Wednesday. :s-smilie:

Well either you'll be carried through by adrenaline and excitement, or the desperate need to be intoxicated... I'm just dreading waiting for the clock to hit 8 am and Track to open. I just know those minutes will crawl by, and probably only for me to find out I have to wait til midday :mad:
Chill everyone, worrying won't make the appointed hour come faster. And besides, we could be doing productive stuff!

(I will assume I am the only one sad enough to distract myself with learning Russian and building a boat)
Reply 2595
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
So today I happened to see the exams coordinator from my school in town and had to suppress the urge to run after her and ask whether she'd seen the results yet. :sigh:

Schools and colleges get the results electronically tomorrow morning (Weds) so she would not have known yet.
Reply 2596
Just a heads up for you all - tomorrow (at around 6.30am!) I will be renaming this thread "The Oxford 2011 Freshers Thread". There will be two other relevant threads for you: The Official Oxford 2011 Results Thread, and The Oxford Results Day Chat Thread. The former will be for posting your results in, and the latter will be for discussion of your results and so on :smile: I'll post links in here tomorrow morning when I rename the thread. Lots of luck to all of you, I'm sure you'll all be fine :biggrin:
Has anyone looked up their grade boundaries?

My English and History were pretty much the same as last year, but one of my Maths was much lower :biggrin: although Maths is the subject I was most confident in...
Reply 2598
Original post by shinobi93
Has anyone looked up their grade boundaries?

My English and History were pretty much the same as last year, but one of my Maths was much lower :biggrin: although Maths is the subject I was most confident in...

How might I do that? I sat OCR.
Original post by Mellete
How might I do that? I sat OCR.

See here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending