The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by emma1701
I'm really starting to freak out right now.. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

same here :frown: ... having stomach cramps now because of the tension :frown:
Reply 2361
My dad just got a new car radio, of which the name was "Cambridge", and I was like dad you are playing games with me, you are playing games.
Reply 2362
Original post by jsadapa1

same... only my stomach cramps may be due to the fact that I've ate my bodyweight in chocolate... :frown:
I also just thought I'd check the application statistics to see if most people who get offers actually get in... its not pretty.. :s-smilie: I just know I'm going to be part of the 10% who screw it up at the last minute :frown: :frown:
Reply 2363
Original post by Got the tshirt
I was just looking at the admissions' stats (as you do) for engineering and this year they had 1643 applications and made 338 offers. Last year 1798 applied and they made 389 offers (336 were admitted!). The year before that 1546 applied there were 347 offers and 307 were admitted.

How many places do they have?

I can't find individual college and subject stats.

I think that they would only give offers to the number of places they have as they know that the majority of students will make Cambridge their firm and meet their offers.

ALSO I think number of students admitted could also included those who withdraw their place from the university (for example, people who decide to go to an American University or something)? Or at least I hope so, in which case it would make me feel better about the number of people they admitted :P
Original post by Oxmatt
My dad just got a new car radio, of which the name was "Cambridge", and I was like dad you are playing games with me, you are playing games.

Its a good make:smile:
Reply 2365
Original post by emma1701

I also just thought I'd check the application statistics to see if most people who get offers actually get in... its not pretty.. :s-smilie: I just know I'm going to be part of the 10% who screw it up at the last minute :frown: :frown:

POSITIVE THINKING!
You WILL get in :biggrin:
You will you will you will you will.
:^_^: POSITIVENEEEESS :smile:
Reply 2366
Original post by kpatb
POSITIVE THINKING!
You WILL get in :biggrin:
You will you will you will you will.
:^_^: POSITIVENEEEESS :smile:

awww thanks :smile: *hug*
but I'm gonna hold you to that on Thursday morning...

Ahh the stomach cramps...i had them last year for about a week before my as level results because i had convinced myself i had got bs and cs but in the end i got all as. Therefore im sure that everyone worrying will be greatly surprised on thursday and get in (well im hoping...)
Reply 2368
I have just seen some of the Edexcel grade boundaries and right about now I want to hit my head repeatedly on a wall.
Several times.
Over and over.

D:
Original post by kpatb
I have just seen some of the Edexcel grade boundaries and right about now I want to hit my head repeatedly on a wall.
Several times.
Over and over.

D:

Oh no! Keep positive! I'm looking at the Edexcel boundaries but they mean nothing to me - I've never got the UMS conversion thingy, and don't understand how they can put the boundary for an A*! *is allergic to maths*
Reply 2370
Seriously how can they put such high grade boundaries for chemistry :'(
My grandma just said it won't be the end of the world if you don't go to Cambridge you'll go somewhere!!

I said I know that but I thought about all the hoops I'd jumped through to get to this stage and to fail at the last :frown:
My grandma just said it won't be the end of the world if you don't go to Cambridge you'll go somewhere!!

I said I know that but I thought about all the hoops I'd jumped through to get to this stage and to fail at the last :frown:

That's EXACTLY how I feel. It's like we're basically 99 per cent there... it doesn't feel right that it could all be undermined. :frown:
Reply 2373

Exactly the phrase i hate! (please dont -neg rep me) But to me, going to Cambridge is not the same as going to any other university, and now i have soo much high hopes that i will fall into tears if i dont get in. It frustrates me when i express my stress to someone and they say, dont worry you have your insurance offer, and i feel like shouting at them "ITS NOT THE SAME!", but i just end up sitting there quietly. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
It frustrates me when i express my stress to someone and they say, dont worry you have your insurance offer, and i feel like shouting at them "ITS NOT THE SAME!", but i just end up sitting there quietly. :colone:

Trouble is, I keep trying to convince myself with that argument, and it's still frustrating me! I want to bash my own head against a wall :tongue:
2 more sleeps til we find out our fate ! :frown:
Original post by kpatb
Several times.
Over and over.

D:

Do you have a link for those boundaries? Can't seem to find the GCE ones for June 2011?
Reply 2377
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Do you have a link for those boundaries? Can't seem to find the GCE ones for June 2011?

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1106%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20%28Home%20Int%29.pdf

They haven't actually been posted on the Edexcel site which is probably why you can't find them.

Now to go hit my head on a wall some more.
Reply 2378
I think I might cry.
Reply 2379
really really really worried....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending