The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
I thought this exam went well except the question on extrusive activity.

I hope I do well. Good luck to you all! Loads to learn for this exam, and kudos to anyone who revised 4 topics.

Good luck for results day :smile:
I thought this exam went well except the question on extrusive activity.

I hope I do well. Good luck to you all! Loads to learn for this exam, and kudos to anyone who revised 4 topics.

Really? I didn't mind that question. Which other topics did you do?
Reply 1682
Original post by lizolove
Sounds like a plan. Might have a movie day with a sleepover or something. :wink:
OR JUST ENDLESSLY SHOWER AND CRY IN IT. (':

That may be an extreme option, but whatever passes the time lol :smile:. A constant supply of Ben and Jerry's could be in order.
Original post by Jade0193
That may be an extreme option, but whatever passes the time lol :smile:. A constant supply of Ben and Jerry's could be in order.

Ima put on so much weight if that happens. (':
CHOC FUDGE BROWNIEEEEEEEEEE. :rolleyes:
Good luck for results day :smile:

And the best of luck to you too. I hope you get where you want :smile:

Really? I didn't mind that question. Which other topics did you do?

I missed out talking about fumaroles since I forgot their name. It was my worst question because of that lol
I did World Cities SQ and the essay as Conflicts. How about you?
And the best of luck to you too. I hope you get where you want :smile:

I missed out talking about fumaroles since I forgot their name. It was my worst question because of that lol
I did World Cities SQ and the essay as Conflicts. How about you?

I did geysers and hot ground which is apparently another name for fumaroles. Maybe I used fumaroles. I can't remember. Geysers, boiling mud and something else, it began with S but was another word for fumaroles. I forget.
I did WC questions and the weather essay too.
Bit of a difficult plate question asking 7 marks on the Mid-Atlantic ridge, eh? :s-smilie:
Reply 1686
Ima put on so much weight if that happens. (':
CHOC FUDGE BROWNIEEEEEEEEEE. :rolleyes:

Gotta be cookie dough for me :smile:
I did geysers and hot ground which is apparently another name for fumaroles. Maybe I used fumaroles. I can't remember. Geysers, boiling mud and something else, it began with S but was another word for fumaroles. I forget.
I did WC questions and the weather essay too.
Bit of a difficult plate question asking 7 marks on the Mid-Atlantic ridge, eh? :s-smilie:

I think what I wrote will be enough for half marks or slightly more, but hopefully if I've done as I think I have, I'll still be able to get an A in it, perhaps more but that depends on my essay which was a really open question. Whatever happens, I'm confident I'll have got a C in the exam which will get my the A I need anyway.

The WC questions were a gift I thought. The map (although slightly hard to distinguish in writing) was good, and urban regeneration and the other question I loved.

We did Ecosystems instead of Weather, which I forever hate my sixth form for :tongue:
Gotta be cookie dough for me :smile:

Omnom. Can eat too much of it though. :cool:
I think what I wrote will be enough for half marks or slightly more, but hopefully if I've done as I think I have, I'll still be able to get an A in it, perhaps more but that depends on my essay which was a really open question. Whatever happens, I'm confident I'll have got a C in the exam which will get my the A I need anyway.

The WC questions were a gift I thought. The map (although slightly hard to distinguish in writing) was good, and urban regeneration and the other question I loved.

We did Ecosystems instead of Weather, which I forever hate my sixth form for :tongue:

Geysers, hot springs and boiling mud were my answers. (:
I ended up writing a few locations and then going blank after describing and explaining them too. :s-smilie:
Hopefully I'll have an A, felt my resit of module 1 and 4B went ok. WC questions were horrid. I mean, label the map please! I felt myself constantly saying "In the northwest of the map", it was madness.

If you ever get the chance, google the weather questions. Glad I opted for the essay in that section. :biggrin:
what does every1 think they will get....
i think ive either done really well or really bad.... :smile:
Original post by fusion12345
what does every1 think they will get....
i think ive either done really well or really bad.... :smile:

I need 95/120 UMS in GEOG3 to get an A overall but I have a feeling I've just missed it :sadnod:
Original post by DellaLouise
I need 95/120 UMS in GEOG3 to get an A overall but I have a feeling I've just missed it :sadnod:

i'm sure you will be ok

r u going to uni?
i'm sure you will be ok

r u going to uni?

Indeed. Well hopefully. My firm is Geog at Lancaster and insurance is Aber. What about you? :h:
Indeed. Well hopefully. My firm is Geog at Lancaster and insurance is Aber. What about you? :h:

law @ manchester firm
liverpool insurance

i got into lancaster too

both are AAA
Grade boundaries don't seem so extreme for GEOG3 :yep:
66/90 for A*
58/90 for an A
50/90 for a B
(edited 12 years ago)
Grade boundaries don't seem so extreme for GEOG3 :yep:
66/90 for A*
58/90 for an A
50/90 for a B

what do u need overall to get an A 320?

and a star?
Everyone, pleaseput the following in your signature.

[ SIZE="6"][ URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1739620]Vote for sexface (the 2nd one here)

Remove the spaces!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1739620

Vote for the second emoticon - :sexface:

Thank you.

and a star?

No idea :tongue:
I should know this.
I think it's 320 for an A and 360 for an A*

and a star?

320 for an A and 340 for an A* (that's achieving 80% AS and 90% A2)

Though if you got 155 (B) at AS and achieved 185 at A2 you can also get an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending