The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Goodbye university.
see guys, i told you the GBs wouldnt be as low as 56 for an A
hey guys, i'm currently doing my scientific investigation module on the effect of alcohol on the permeability of membrane (beetroot). the thing is i could not come up with some good rationale for the topic. can anyone suggest rationale regarding the topic, it would be a great help. thx a bunch =)
Reply 3603
Grade boundaries are ridiculously high this year. Bloody AQA :angry:
Original post by mkb230
Grade boundaries are ridiculously high this year. Bloody AQA :angry:

hmmm i know :s-smilie: and they are really high for chemistry as well :frown:
Reply 3605
Original post by Unununium
hmmm i know :s-smilie: and they are really high for chemistry as well :frown:

Yeah I was hoping for lower grade boundaries this year but this is just plain stupid. I don't even know if I am going to pass Biology and Chemistry now.
Original post by mkb230
Yeah I was hoping for lower grade boundaries this year but this is just plain stupid. I don't even know if I am going to pass Biology and Chemistry now.

hmm thing is i found the chem exam mega hard as well :frown: and reading people discussing their answers on here just depressed me! the only peace of mind i can get is that i need 54/120 UMS for the grade i need.

Biology was kind of okay simply because i really liked the DNA essay!
Reply 3607
Original post by Unununium
hmm thing is i found the chem exam mega hard as well :frown: and reading people discussing their answers on here just depressed me! the only peace of mind i can get is that i need 54/120 UMS for the grade i need.

Biology was kind of okay simply because i really liked the DNA essay!

Unfortunately I didn't do so well and I don't see how I could have revised any differently for the exam. Good luck for results day :smile:
Original post by mkb230
Unfortunately I didn't do so well and I don't see how I could have revised any differently for the exam. Good luck for results day :smile:

hmm same - i couldnt have done any more revision for either and i really didnt like both exams - the bulk of the biology exam was just weird :s-smilie: it was like no questions were actually BIOL5 stuff :L

ah well - good luck to you :smile: i feel sick with nerves! :L
Reply 3609
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtffffffffffffffff
What. The. ****
Yeah I'm not going to uni lol.
just experienced myocardial infarction :s.. Lost supply of oxygen and glucose to my myocardium due to the blockage in my coronary arteries, so heart couldn't respire.. I'm officially dead
I seriously don't understand this. Who actually did well on this exam? :lolwut: And where are you so I can end your life :colonhash:
When I click on the link, all I get is grey page. The Biology exam was OK, chemistry was complete murder. I'm going to cry now

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
oh my life
I'm not liking the grade boundaries.. Bye bye Uni! However, for the BIOL5 paper I'm really hoping my essay bumps up my marks as, from memory, it was the only part of the paper that went well! We'll know this time tomorrow!
Original post by friedgreentomatoes
I'm not liking the grade boundaries.. Bye bye Uni! However, for the BIOL5 paper I'm really hoping my essay bumps up my marks as, from memory, it was the only part of the paper that went well! We'll know this time tomorrow!

Even if you get 25/25 for the essay, you still need 40/75 on the rest of the paper to get an A and thats 53% :frown:
Original post by tehsponge
Even if you get 25/25 for the essay, you still need 40/75 on the rest of the paper to get an A and thats 53% :frown:

I know! How depressing! I'm realistically thinking C maximum for this one :colondollar: I'll find out tomorrow :wink:
MY FEELINGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF wTF WTF
so much for a f*****g 56 for an A thats nearly a C wtf
bio5 has finished my chances of uni this year

thats it im finished il probably get a C max
maybe ive done better than i think i have
Original post by clairen886
The chief examiner of biology did a talk at my school a few weeks ago and he said that this exam is harder than last years and provisionally an A would be 56 marks. It is lovely and low so don't worry about uni :smile:

So much for his claim then (assuming this poster wasn't trolling)........56 wouldn't even get you a B.

The grade boundaries for this particular unit are just sickening. :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest