The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hello, I'm starting at another uni in Manc but will be living about 5 mins walk from Salford Campus (taking the train in to Oxford Road) in the morning. Going to be doing EEE but from what my friends tell me Engineering courses aren't v social. Was looking round Salford yesterday & there is a riverside student pub right next to main campus. It has free wi-fi & two meals with beers came in at under £10.
My course doesn't start till 19th so Im hoping to do a bit of salford welcome week :P
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by Tanguerro
Hello, I'm starting at another uni in Manc but will be living about 5 mins walk from Salford Campus (taking the train in to Oxford Road) in the morning. Going to be doing EEE but from what my friends tell me Engineering courses aren't v social. Was looking round Salford yesterday & there is a riverside student pub right next to main campus. It has free wi-fi & two meals with beers came in at under £10.
My course doesn't start till 19th so Im hoping to do a bit of salford welcome week :P

Which University are you going to?
Reply 162
Original post by TheMaskedMarauder
Last year I rang Bramall reception once I was confirmed and I got told which room I'd be in

Thanks. :P I might ring them then.

No. No it isn't. The woman in Wilko thought I was mental when I bought a load of plastercine there last year.

Lol! Just because they think you're mental doesn't make it a bad place. :wink:
Original post by k3ro
Thanks. :P I might ring them then.

Lol! Just because they think you're mental doesn't make it a bad place. :wink:

To be fair I think I'd view someone as mental if they were buying large quantities of plasticine. It would run through my head "Why do they need all this plasticine? What are they going to do with it? I think they're a bit weird".

Of course it would be fine if they were also buying a book at the same time entitled "Film SFX Guide: How to sculpt model buildings".
Reply 164
Original post by alcazaba
To be fair I think I'd view someone as mental if they were buying large quantities of plasticine. It would run through my head "Why do they need all this plasticine? What are they going to do with it? I think they're a bit weird".

Of course it would be fine if they were also buying a book at the same time entitled "Film SFX Guide: How to sculpt model buildings".

LOL. So true. But if they looked student-ish, I guess I'd just assume it was for their course. Like.. physics labs or something. ;P
Original post by k3ro
LOL. So true. But if they looked student-ish, I guess I'd just assume it was for their course. Like.. physics labs or something. ;P

I bought earphones and plastercine. And it wasn't for labs: I was just bored
Reply 166
I bought earphones and plastercine. And it wasn't for labs: I was just bored

Lol! Then you totally deserved the strange look. :wink:
Reply 167
Whats the best accommodation to stay in for parties? :tongue:
Reply 168
Original post by Catherine13

Does anyone know anything about The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship that Salford offers?

Do you get it all at once or is it split throughout the year like the maintenance loan is?

It also says you have to complete the PN1 form to receive it. Is that just the usual form you fill out for Maintenance/Tuition Fees?

Source

yeah i rung up about that bursary and they said when the university gets your grades and they are the same as or more than the required grade to get the bursary they will send you a letter about it thats what they said to me anyway :smile:
Reply 169
Which University are you going to?

I'll be going to UoM. Im sat in Salford right now!
Walk past UoS every day.
Got the 'Get Ready' guide through on Saturday!

I've registered and got my student email account! So exciting!
I have to wait another month till I move in!!
Hi I registered yesterday for Salford!!! :smile:
Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology!!!!
I took a two year gap yr from college, excited & nervous about uni!!:eek:
Hey guys! Names Fiza and I'm from Manchester...I'll be going to Salford UNi this September hopefully studying Journalism. Looking forward to meeting new people, for suure. Also I hear we will be based around Media City most of the time, so again... Sounds really exciting..
Anyone studying anything similar or anyone, Bubbly and Friendly who is a Fresher to be... Holla :smile:
Reply 173
Original post by Miss Fizzle
Hey guys! Names Fiza and I'm from Manchester...I'll be going to Salford UNi this September hopefully studying Journalism. Looking forward to meeting new people, for suure. Also I hear we will be based around Media City most of the time, so again... Sounds really exciting..
Anyone studying anything similar or anyone, Bubbly and Friendly who is a Fresher to be... Holla :smile:

I'm going to write for the Student Newspaper - the Mancunion in September.
I've been watching David McCandless on TED
http://www.ted.com/talks/david_mccandless_the_beauty_of_data_visualization.html
& I think I'd like to make some graphs and write an article about it.
Media City looks really swish.
Got the 'Get Ready' guide through on Saturday!

I've registered and got my student email account! So exciting!
I have to wait another month till I move in!!

my email wouldnt work last time i checked! :frown: grrrrrrrrrr. it might be because i havent paid my fees yet i dunno :frown:
Reply 175
Got a letter today telling me that my get ready pack is on the way.

Disappointed! haha
Original post by geztival
Got a letter today telling me that my get ready pack is on the way.

Disappointed! haha

I received my letter today as well :biggrin:
Reply 177
Original post by alcazaba
I received my letter today as well :biggrin:

I received the welcome pack, and then four days later got the letter saying that the welcome pack was on the way. LOL. Think something went wrong there. :tongue:
Reply 178
Original post by k3ro
I received the welcome pack, and then four days later got the letter saying that the welcome pack was on the way. LOL. Think something went wrong there. :tongue:

Yip, Thats the same with me, Though when i registered online with them I got an email saying i had already registered :s-smilie: Blackboard is simple to work aswell :smile:
Hello all, Do any of you by any chance know someone who is studying or used to study Radiography at salford uni please!! I really need an insiders view of the course. I'm thinking of going for it through clearing if its available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending