The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It says the promise of rich pickings. Not necessarily the guarantee.
Promise in the dictionary says "declaration, assurance or guarantee"...

no?? :eek:
Original post by Loulibelle
Promise in the dictionary says "declaration, assurance or guarantee"...

no?? :eek:

I think in that context it's referring more to the possibility that they'll be successful, not the guarantee.
Reply 6503
Need to go to my work placement in about an hour. The professor (friends dad) that is suppose to be helping me out is on the GMC council. :biggrin:
Original post by Normandy114

Original post by Normandy114
I think in that context it's referring more to the possibility that they'll be successful, not the guarantee.

Oh... Ok

VR does my head in, they seem to be working from a different set of rules for every question!!

:frown: ahhhhhh!!!
Oh... Ok

VR does my head in, they seem to be working from a different set of rules for every question!!

:frown: ahhhhhh!!!

Which revision material are you using?
"How to Master the UKCAT"....

I have several other books too x
I disagree with the answer to this UKCAT practice question...

Q: Online shopping offers the criminal the promise of rich pickings.

passage: "over $50b was spent online last year and it is hardly surprising that criminals want a share of the action..."

Now I thought this would be C as nothing in the passage suggests that the criminals were/are successful in their endeavours. It says that they "want" a share of the action...

the answer says TRUE and says that the two sentences are interchangeable of the same meaning...

:eek:

I thought that too :/ I hate how stupid some of the ones are... silly little tricksters these ukcat question writers! :tongue:
Reply 6508
"How to Master the UKCAT"....

I have several other books too x

I am dreading this test...UGH:angry:
Original post by Shaz51

Original post by Shaz51
I am dreading this test...UGH:angry:

ME TOO!

Mine is a week tomorrow... PANIC PANIC WIDESPREAD PANIC!!

*runs in a small circle screaming, waving arms wildly above head*
Reply 6510
ME TOO!

Mine is a week tomorrow... PANIC PANIC WIDESPREAD PANIC!!

*runs in a small circle screaming, waving arms wildly above head*

Goodluck to you. I have not even booked my test yet! I applied to study medicine last year but got rejected. :frown:
Original post by Shaz51

Original post by Shaz51
Goodluck to you. I have not even booked my test yet! I applied to study medicine last year but got rejected. :frown:

Oh no :frown: Are you applying again this year?

Where did you apply? Do you know what let you down, so you can improve it for this year?
xxx
Can I ask:

-What size the whiteboard?
-How thick is the board pen?
-Why the hell can't we use paper?!

Can I ask:

-What size the whiteboard?
-How thick is the board pen?
-Why the hell can't we use paper?!

The third question was meant merely in jest :wink:
Reply 6514
Oh no :frown: Are you applying again this year?

Where did you apply? Do you know what let you down, so you can improve it for this year?
xxx

Well, I am thinking of applying again given I get the grades that is AAA. The reason they gave was that it is super competitive to get into a med school (like I did not know that) but I am not convinced because I do not think that is a satisfactory explaination. However, they did subtley hinted me on my rejection letter that my reference from the school was not great! which is kinda plausible coz my UKCAT score, grades and the personal statement were fine.

You get A4 sized white board with normal whiteboard marker pen at the UKCAT test.

What unis are you considering?

EDIT: I had applied to Cambridge, Peninsula, Lecister and Cardiff.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Shaz51

I like how I'm not the only reapplicant who's less prepared than first-timers :smile: I not booked mine either :tongue:
Reply 6516
Original post by Quackers93
I like how I'm not the only reapplicant who's less prepared than first-timers :smile: I not booked mine either :tongue:

Hey do you mind if I ask ou if you'd applied to Cambridge (Murray Edwards to be specific) last year. Because I get this feeling that I recognise you from somewhere?

Dont worry, you've found yourself a friend now. I havent prepared much either, the smell of failure from last year puts me off from working hard... What unis did you apply to? I had applied to Cambridge, Peninsula, Lecister and Cardiff.
Just want to say GOOD LUCK EVERYONE TOMORROW!! Hope you all get the results you want!!
I'm bricking it for tomorrow :frown:
Original post by Shaz51

Original post by Shaz51
Well, I am thinking of applying again given I get the grades that is AAA. The reason they gave was that it is super competitive to get into a med school (like I did not know that) but I am not convinced because I do not think that is a satisfactory explaination. However, they did subtley hinted me on my rejection letter that my reference from the school was not great! which is kinda plausible coz my UKCAT score, grades and the personal statement were fine.

You get A4 sized white board with normal whiteboard marker pen at the UKCAT test.

What unis are you considering?

EDIT: I had applied to Cambridge, Peninsula, Lecister and Cardiff.

Surely you can't really write much on an A4 whiteboard?!
I easily fill an A4 page of paper with a BIRO doing a mock test!! How many boards am I gonna go through?!

I hope there's not a limit :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending