The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tommy1311
When I rang up she said that it was still conditional and the chances are they were still considering whether to give me a place. They've had since Sunday to decide!!!!

SAME. :frown:
Reply 2741
Rang the number - I'm in! :biggrin:
I rang the number and they said I'm in OH MY GOD.

I don't believe them :tongue:
Reply 2743
Congrats, everyone :smile:
Well done everyone :woo:

I hope I'll be joining you later!
I Got in!!! Thank you everyone! really encouraged me to call!
They were so nice! congrats to everyone! and anybody else just keep trying!!!
see you all there!!
Reply 2746
Now the phone number isn't working for me!
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
My mum says I don't sound excited enough ...

Same, oh well. Enjoy! Celebrate! :biggrin:
Original post by Athena
Guys, which number have you been calling? Lots of the Cambridge applicants would like to know it.

0871 468 0 468
and then pressing 2 :smile:
Reply 2749
Original post by Athena
Guys, which number have you been calling? Lots of the Cambridge applicants would like to know it.

I've got an announcement up in Oxford with the number, I'll make one in Cambridge as well.
Reply 2750
Finally got through, its been confirmed, so excited just want to bounce off the walls!
Rang up the college, and they told me that 'The head of admissions at the college wants to talk to me'. :|
Went into school and got my results- I'm in! :woo:
I don't want to tempt fate in case I didn't hear them correctly on the phone but I phoned up as well and have been told I'm in!

Hopefully, St Catz here I come :-P
Mine still hasn't updated and I can't collect my results as I'm an IB student and I missed my offer. :frown: I've been in contact with St. John's since my results and they've said they're still considering me but haven't made a decision. This is making me feel horrendous.
Reply 2755
Original post by meganeira
Mine still hasn't updated and I can't collect my results as I'm an IB student and I missed my offer. :frown: I've been in contact with St. John's since my results and they've said they're still considering me but haven't made a decision. This is making me feel horrendous.

Hang in there! I hope they get back to you soon :smile:
More nervous for this phone-call than reading my results!
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
I GOT IN!

My mum says I don't sound excited enough ...

:woo:

Congratulations!
Original post by riotgrrl
Went into school and got my results- I'm in! :woo:

Well done Beth! :biggrin:
Reply 2759
Don't forget to post your results in the official results thread! It's always nice to see who's where and how they've done and stuff :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending