The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

how did you all do?
Good luck today guys
Reply 2962
Brilliant - 479/600 for Chemistry. As in every module, and a big fat D in Unit 5. 1 mark, someone must have seen that at Edexcel and thought, 'I could just add one more for him'. But no. :rolleyes:
Original post by Eragon.
Brilliant - 479/600 for Chemistry. As in every module, and a big fat D in Unit 5. 1 mark, someone must have seen that at Edexcel and thought, 'I could just add one more for him'. But no. :rolleyes:

remark

i destroyed both biology papers then got an E in coursework. i think they do this **** on purpose

anyway, anyone here get any A*s?
I got an A* in chem :smile:
I could have gotten an A* in bio, I did well on the exams, but got an E on the practical :frown:
No matter
Still sad seeing all your friends going uni, and you're just there scrolling through facebook, happy, but sad at the same time
Reply 2965
ABB. What went wrong? :'(

That's me out of here then. I think it's just going to be gap year, biomed, then graduate medicine
Original post by -Taz-

That's me out of here then. I think it's just going to be gap year, biomed, then graduate medicine

Oh no!! :sad:

Try clearing for Biomed instead.
Original post by Eragon.

I was almost exactly like this in physics last year. :nothing: Are you getting anything remarked?

Original post by The_Tarin

Still sad seeing all your friends going uni, and you're just there scrolling through facebook, happy, but sad at the same time

I know this feeling far too well. Except, I wasn't very happy at all. It'll pass though, eventually.

Original post by -Taz-

Definitely try through clearing for biomed! If not, during your gap year you may as well resit some exams and apply to universities (albeit not many) which accept resits for medicine.
I'm staying in this thread. Woop.

A*A* AA

messed up my chem and ICT exams and missed the A*'s for them (they were mathematically my soundest options)
Got an A* in biol just
And got an on the boundary A* for Psych because I 100% ed the exam, in psyb3 I got 80 on the dot so it averages out to 90%.

But yah, I'm staying in this thread. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Unlucky to anyone who didn't make the grades, I wish you all the best and if you decide to go postgrad I hope you get firsts.
Original post by joemullally
I'm staying in this thread. Woop.

A*A* AA

messed up my chem and ICT exams and missed the A*'s for them (they were mathematically my soundest options)
Got an A* in biol just
And got an on the boundary A* for Psych because I 100% ed the exam, in psyb3 I got 80 on the dot so it averages out to 90%.

But yah, I'm staying in this thread. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Unlucky to anyone who didn't make the grades, I wish you all the best and if you decide to go postgrad I hope you get firsts.

:party:
Oh well, signing out as a mum on this thread!
Results ABBb, son taking gap year and some time to think about what courses and where to apply for 2012
Still can cancel UKCAT now!
Original post by futuredoc77

It doesn't make sense.
I get 90% all the way through the year in chem
100% my course work in ICT
and then get a borderline A in chem
and a C in my ICT exam
so still A's overall.

But Bio and Psych my most likely A grades Especially psych I get A*'s in.

Funny how the world works.
Original post by agonyaunt
Oh well, signing out as a mum on this thread!
Results ABBb, son taking gap year and some time to think about what courses and where to apply for 2012
Still can cancel UKCAT now!

I wouldn't cancel! If he's definitely taking a gap year, he may as well resit some exams and apply for universities which accept resits. He's got nothing to lose, unless he definitely wants to do something else.
It doesn't make sense.
I get 90% all the way through the year in chem
100% my course work in ICT
and then get a borderline A in chem
and a C in my ICT exam
so still A's overall.

But Bio and Psych my most likely A grades Especially psych I get A*'s in.

Funny how the world works.

Oh I know what that's like. I had a 99% at AS in Persian but didn't get an A* at the end. :laugh:

But don't worry, you've still done a lot better than to qualify for a gap year imo. :yes:
Reply 2974
A*AA Sorry guys, you're stuck with me :P
Original post by futuredoc77
Oh I know what that's like. I had a 99% at AS in Persian but didn't get an A* at the end. :laugh:

But don't worry, you've still done a lot better than to qualify for a gap year imo. :yes:

Thanks.

I'm amazed and shocked about my other two A*'s but part of me is still like bleugh that I didn't pick up the easier to get ones.

Still Chuffed though.

I hope I get a place this year.
Original post by Tinth
A*AA Sorry guys, you're stuck with me :P

Thanks.

I'm amazed and shocked about my other two A*'s but part of me is still like bleugh that I didn't pick up the easier to get ones.

Still Chuffed though.

I hope I get a place this year.

Yeah, well as long as you have two A*'s, who care what they're in. :wink2:

I hope you do too. :goodluck:
I got 3A's today in maths, biology and chemistry. I actually got an A* in my core 4 maths unit so that was a pleasant suprise! I got a B in general studies though, and a B in arabic AS and psychology AS! Not done any work experience yet, but i am frantically searching! and i compleeetely forgot about UKCAT! do you guys thing my reapplication is wise? i feel like i should have A*s at A level :/
Original post by superG123
I got 3A's today in maths, biology and chemistry. I actually got an A* in my core 4 maths unit so that was a pleasant suprise! I got a B in general studies though, and a B in arabic AS and psychology AS! Not done any work experience yet, but i am frantically searching! and i compleeetely forgot about UKCAT! do you guys thing my reapplication is wise? i feel like i should have A*s at A level :/

Dude You'll be fine to re-apply.

Work experience or a job is the most important thing though, that's where it'l fall down.

Your grades should be good enough, you've met their offer what more could they possibly want.
Reply 2979
I got 4 rejections ages ago from my med places without interview because of my personal statement. I got my results today, 3 A's in biology, chemistry and english literature. I would have got an A* in biology if it weren't for the practical unit!!! D< Will not having any A*s make reapplying harder? I got 11 A*s at GCSE and 700 UKCAT which sucks cause i really don't want to do it again and i know i'll get worse this time :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending