Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
Traditionally, not until you actually start uni. But congratulations :smile:

Very well :p:

I can wait haha.
Original post by gozatron
Very well :p:

I can wait haha.

You can always set up an overexcited pre-freshers soc for a few weeks? :p: We might even pop in and answer the boring practical questions you guys might have.
Reply 5142
Original post by Helenia
You can always set up an overexcited pre-freshers soc for a few weeks? :p: We might even pop in and answer the boring practical questions you guys might have.

Sorry, I meant to put up the thread earlier this morning but I overslept. :o:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1742343
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Ooh, fresh meat tomorrow. Is anyone else getting vicariously nervous (or is it just because I have a younger sister getting her A2 results)?

Yes very nervous. My little brother gets his today. I got woke up at 7 with him freaking out because he has no text message and his course is in clearing. As he still hasnt got it hes taking to pacing the house until his school opens.

EDIT - phew thank god for that! I feel so proud he got his first choice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5144
ooo BIG day D: incoming elated people, well done!!
Reply 5145
Original post by Kinkerz
Biology at Leeds. Not sure she's convinced by her subject choice though. Ultimately she just wants to do nothing and everything just work out fine without any effort on her part.

My sister is going to Leeds too!

She got her result in March but her school didn't cash it in and we're all waiting for track to update to see if they ****ed up just a little bit (costing her her first choice accom) or majorly (costing her an unconditional today)... c'mon track!!
My sister got AAA! :awesome: Very happy times. Her boyfriend missed his firm, though, because the school completed buggered up marking his EPQ and it got moderated down something like 3 grades. :s-smilie:
Reply 5147
Sister has got into Leeds, nae problemo.
Reply 5148
Ahh... bring back so many tense results day memories!
Tell me about it. And I was looking forward to my first August results day without worrying.
Reply 5150
Tell me about it. And I was looking forward to my first August results day without worrying.

Aha. Don't really know why I was worried last year, I think I worked out I needed like EEU to get AAB.. somehow I managed to convince myself that I definitely got below EEU in my final ones.. strange how your brain works sometimes :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lekky
Aha. Don't really know why I was worried last year, I think I worked out I needed like EEU to get AAB.. somehow I managed to convince myself that despite getting 90+ on pretty much all my other a level exams I definitely got below EEU in my final ones.. strange how your brain works sometimes :tongue:

I know the feeling in my fourth year exams i convinced myself and everyone around me that I had failed. I was that convinced. Turned out I wasnt as thick as I thought I was.
I get worried if I thought I did well its never a good sign for me.
Reply 5152
Congrats to everyone with siblings getting results and places today, and also well done to all the medicine pre-freshers :smile:

I was stuck in syria when mine came out :rolleyes:
My old "I'm going to be a medic :woo: x1000" status keeps appearing down the side panel on my facebook page. Brings back the memories :daydreaming:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
My old "I'm going to be a medic :woo: x1000" status keeps appearing down the side panel on my facebook page. Brings back the memories :daydreaming:

D'awwwwww. That's sweet.

D'awwwwww. That's sweet.

Just realised why I keep seeing it - It's a "On this day in 2010" thing :rolleyes:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Just realised why I keep seeing it - It's a "On this day in 2010" thing :rolleyes:

Mine did this, with all the "AAH I'm so terrified about results tomorrow..." status... I could have done without the reminder of what I was doing a year ago on that particular day really... XD

On another note, I was seriously bored and decided to go through some first year notes from the beginning of the year, just so my brain isn't totally and completely fudged next month when we go back and are actually expected to remember things.

I came across this and wondered if anyone could explain, because I feel stupid for not getting it.

(In Martini's anat & phys pg 884 if anyone's really interested...) About lung compliance during pulmonary ventilation - "loss of supporting tissues resulting from alveolar damage, as in emphysema, increases compliance"

Surely it would reduce compliance, as reduced elasticity would make it harder to expand the lungs?

Would be a massive help if someone could help clear my confusion!
Original post by DrGalago
x

Emphysema =less resistance and makes it easier to inflate the lungs but harder to deflate unlike asthma which restricts the airways and so makes it harder to inflate.
Original post by Lantana
Emphysema =less resistance and makes it easier to inflate the lungs but harder to deflate unlike asthma which restricts the airways and so makes it harder to inflate.

Ah yeah... Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lantana

IIRC, that's not neccessarily true. It still inflates in asthma and is difficult to deflate, similar to emphysema. It's just for different reasons and one is an acute problem (usually)

Latest

Trending

Trending