The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone still not heard anything? UCAS has crashed, their lines are blocked, and my school still hasn't e-mailed me my results. :frown:
Original post by soutioirsim

Original post by soutioirsim
Ignorance is bliss (for the moment) :smug:

You found bliss in ignorance? xD
I'm in 2 A*s and an A! History at St Hugh's here I come . . .
Original post by billieerin23
I'm in 2 A*s and an A! History at St Hugh's here I come . . .

Well done! Wish I could say the same. (But substitute Classics for History and Merton for St. Hugh's. :wink: )
Original post by Sempiternitas
Well done! Wish I could say the same. (But substitute Classics for History and Merton for St. Hugh's. :wink: )

There are tons of great unis out there don't worry, whatever's meant to be will be :-)
massive congratulations to everyone! make sure you all enjoy your last few weeks of freedom :smile:

commiserations to those who missed their offers - it feels awful right now but it really is not the end of the world. i'm sure that the moment you arrive at your uni for freshers' week you'll forget all about oxford and realise that it really doesn't matter where you end up, because you'll have a brilliant time anyway.
Reply 2786
Hi everybody, well done on those who got in, and for those who didn't I'm sure will do fantastically wherever else they might go.
Does anybody's Track still say Conditional? I have got the offer grades but it still is down as conditional so I'm just checking I don't need to phone up or anything.
Many thanks :smile:
Reply 2787
Original post by M'Ling
Hi everybody, well done on those who got in, and for those who didn't I'm sure will do fantastically wherever else they might go.
Does anybody's Track still say Conditional? I have got the offer grades but it still is down as conditional so I'm just checking I don't need to phone up or anything.
Many thanks :smile:

If you got the grades you're definitely in, congrats :party:
The current status of your Application is:
Congratulations! Your place at Oxford University (O33) to study Physics (4 years) (F303) has been confirmed.

Yay!!! :awesome:
Well done everyone who got in, and I'm sorry to those who didn't, but I'm sure it won't stop you having great lives!

It's gone 'unconditional' on my UCAS, do we need to click anything to confirm anything or anything on there? My head of 6th form seemed to think so, but I can't see anything that looks like it needs clicking...
Reply 2790
Original post by LtCommanderData
Well done everyone who got in, and I'm sorry to those who didn't, but I'm sure it won't stop you having great lives!

It's gone 'unconditional' on my UCAS, do we need to click anything to confirm anything or anything on there? My head of 6th form seemed to think so, but I can't see anything that looks like it needs clicking...

No clicking necessary, it's all sorted already! :smile:
Original post by Zoedotdot
x

Hey, jw, do you know what the system is for open offer holders and when we can expect to hear? Looking forward to finally finding out what college I'll be headed to.
Reply 2792
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
Hey, jw, do you know what the system is for open offer holders and when we can expect to hear? Looking forward to finally finding out what college I'll be headed to.

Does your unconditional now show a campus code on track? If not, I'd imagine your college will contact you over the next couple of days :smile:
Done and DONE!

I'm in to read history at Magdalen, three A*s!
Original post by Zoedotdot
Does your unconditional now show a campus code on track? If not, I'd imagine your college will contact you over the next couple of days :smile:

Wow, I was a bit slow off the mark there. I checked it earlier, saw U for campus code, thought that meant it was still 'Unknown'. Just checked Oxford website and realise it's the code for Somerville! :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 2795
Wow, I was a bit slow off the mark there. I checked it earlier, saw U for campus code, thought that meant it was still 'Unknown'. Just checked Oxford website and realise it's the code for Somerville! :smile:

Thanks.

:woo: Wonderful!
Yay - so so relieved. Still feels really surreal, only starting to sink in. Now the hard work really starts I guess... :colondollar:

Thanks.

Do you know when we hear about accomodation?
Original post by victoire
massive congratulations to everyone! make sure you all enjoy your last few weeks of freedom :smile:

commiserations to those who missed their offers - it feels awful right now but it really is not the end of the world. i'm sure that the moment you arrive at your uni for freshers' week you'll forget all about oxford and realise that it really doesn't matter where you end up, because you'll have a brilliant time anyway.

Can I just say... excellent knocked up quote haha
Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb
Do you know when we hear about accomodation?

and when do we hear about our new ".ox.ac.uk" e-mail id......damn, feeling very elitist already.

Quick Reply

Latest