The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
Yay, congrats! Looks like I've got in as well as soon as I ring UCAS and accept the change of course offer :biggrin: :biggrin: Can't wait to find out my actual results now, only an hour and a quarter until I can go into school!

I'd love to go in that early, I have to wait until 8:45 though. :mad:

To be honest I'm more excited about actually getting a place! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by T-Toe
Me neither :frown:

What about your insurance choice?

Yeah i got in, but I'm not entirely keen on going, one of my higher choices that i later declined, is now in clearing.. so when i get my grades i'm going to see if they will accept me (again lol) (insurance= portrsmouth) (hopeful clearing uni = kent)
How about you?
Yay, congrats! Looks like I've got in as well as soon as I ring UCAS and accept the change of course offer :biggrin: :biggrin: Can't wait to find out my actual results now, only an hour and a quarter until I can go into school!

Original post by Teh User
It's seemingly official. See you all in a month! :smile:

Congratulations!!!! :smile: Looking forward to seeing you both around in September!

Original post by T-Toe
Me neither :frown:

What about your insurance choice?

I'm really sorry. I know what's it's like, same thing happened to me last year. If you wanna talk about your options or anything just throw me a PM xx
Reply 2743
Original post by Muffinz
Congratulations!!!! :smile: Looking forward to seeing you both around in September!

I'm really sorry. I know what's it's like, same thing happened to me last year. If you wanna talk about your options or anything just throw me a PM xx

Same thing happened to me last year and this year. Will do.
Congrats to everyone who got in! And condolences to all those who didn't. Hopefully you'll have got into your insurances, found somewhere you want to go in clearing, or gone through adjustment and done well! And for those wanting to take a gap year, I salute you.
Reply 2745

Happy For you hun :smile:

Good luck to everyone getting their results :smile:
Original post by T-Toe
How did it go?

Good! I got in, got ABB! so happy!
How did it go for you?x
Reply 2747
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Good! I got in, got ABB! so happy!
How did it go for you?x

Nah, I got BBC 1 grade off unfortunately.
Reply 2748
Original post by T-Toe
Nah, I got BBC 1 grade off unfortunately.

Did you still get in though? was only one grade. Surely they could still consider you
Reply 2749
Original post by Lovin
Did you still get in though? was only one grade. Surely they could still consider you

No, flat out rejection :/ Most people met their grades and the course is filled to the brim with applicants.

I resat my chemistry this year and jumped from a C to a B

My other results were from last year, I was actually 1 UMS mark away from an A in English...I should have got it remarked :facepalm:
Reply 2750
Original post by T-Toe
No, flat out rejection :/ Most people met their grades and the course is filled to the brim with applicants.

I resat my chemistry this year and jumped from a C to a B

My other results were from last year, I was actually 1 UMS mark away from an A in English...I should have got it remarked :facepalm:

Oh hun, im so very sorry. :frown:
Reply 2751
Original post by Lovin
Oh hun, im so very sorry. :frown:

That's okay that's life. An A in something would have certainly looked prettier. My grades are average :frown:
Reply 2752
Original post by T-Toe
That's okay that's life. An A in something would have certainly looked prettier. My grades are average :frown:

Still cant believe they havnt let you in though. :frown: such a shame since you re-sat something and improved.
Original post by accomoffice
X

What happens now then in relation to accommodation for those that are unconditional?

Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 2754
Original post by heartsandminds
What happens now then in relation to accommodation for those that are unconditional?

Anyone who hasn't heard about accom yet should hear sometime over the next few weeks.
Reply 2755
I really want to know my accomodation haha :smile:

Most of you have dropped down into the accommodation system but we are expecting still more to drop down overnight. We will be starting the allocation process tomorrow and hope to send a few emails out tomorrow afternoon although the bulk will go out from Monday. The very last ones won't go out until early September and then anybody coming through clearing or anyone applied for accommodation after the deadline will be done then.

Things you need to do
Please check your confirmation email from when you initially applied and make sure that your email address is correct and still valid (if you used your school email, it may have stopped working by now). That is what we will use to send your contract
And, from Monday, keep checking your junk mail box - our emails often go straight to junk because it's an automated system.
Don't panic if your friends hear where they will be going before you do - we are allocating an awful lot of people and (as said above) it does take a few weeks.
Unless you have anything specific to tell us (like you've just broken your leg or your family budget has been severely reduced and you now need different accommodation), we'd be very grateful if you don't phone us at the moment. Don't want to sound unfriendly :redface: but the more time we spend talking on the phone, the less time we will be able to spend allocating.
Feel free to ask questions on here - I'd rather answer general questions where lots of people can see the answer rather than PMs if possible.
And have a good celebration tonight!
Original post by accomoffice
Most of you have dropped down into the accommodation system but we are expecting still more to drop down overnight. We will be starting the allocation process tomorrow and hope to send a few emails out tomorrow afternoon although the bulk will go out from Monday. The very last ones won't go out until early September and then anybody coming through clearing or anyone applied for accommodation after the deadline will be done then.

Things you need to do
Please check your confirmation email from when you initially applied and make sure that your email address is correct and still valid (if you used your school email, it may have stopped working by now). That is what we will use to send your contract
And, from Monday, keep checking your junk mail box - our emails often go straight to junk because it's an automated system.
Don't panic if your friends hear where they will be going before you do - we are allocating an awful lot of people and (as said above) it does take a few weeks.
Unless you have anything specific to tell us (like you've just broken your leg or your family budget has been severely reduced and you now need different accommodation), we'd be very grateful if you don't phone us at the moment. Don't want to sound unfriendly :redface: but the more time we spend talking on the phone, the less time we will be able to spend allocating.
Feel free to ask questions on here - I'd rather answer general questions where lots of people can see the answer rather than PMs if possible.
And have a good celebration tonight!

Thanks, for just been so wonderfully amazing.

1) On receiving the accommodation contract via email do we have exactly one week from that date to accept and pay the deposit?

2) Do you have any idea of the type of information we will receive in the Welcome Pack from the university? Anything Juicy?

:drool:

Edit: Wtf has happened to my grammar over the past 2 months.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2758
Thanks, for just been so wonderfully amazing.

1) On receiving the accommodation contract via email do we have exactly one week from that date to accept and pay the deposit?

2) Do you have any idea of the type of information we will receive in the Welcome Pack from the university? Anything Juicy?

:drool:

Edit: Wtf has happened to my grammar over the past 2 months.

1) Once you recieve the accom offer, you have 7 days to accept the contract and pay the deposit.

2) You should get a Freshers Week guide booklet thing which lists the events that are going on etc. You may also recieve some introductory information from your department (I did but it may not be true for all departments) which includes things like a list of any books you might need or a list of freshers week intro meetings etc that you either should or must go to. There might be other stuff included, but I can't remember.
Reply 2759
Well done guys, and for the ones who UCAS screwed, things only gets better, trust me. Good luck everyone

Latest