The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Lovin
I'm so very sorry hun :frown:

Have fun all you Leeds peeps
Reply 1122
congrats to everyone who got in!

to those who didn't, i was in the same situation last year. i missed my offer by only a few marks... it sucks, but keep a level head and decide whether clearing or a gap year is best for you.
Original post by supernova92

*Big hug for supernova* :smile:
Reply 1124
Ahhh i got in :biggrin: I needed an A in Spanish and was just a few marks away from it and I was gutted! Then checked the website and it said I was in :biggrin: So happy! I'm doing Spanish and Italian B :smile:
Congrats to everyone who got in, see you in September :wink:
Original post by Skeletorfw
*Big hug for supernova* :smile:

damn, you made me come back again :tongue: thanks :colondollar: i'm in the process of applying to kent through clearing for the same course i applied for before!
Also GOOD MORNING FRESHERS!
you're OURS now... :wink:
Original post by supernova92

Aww, I'm so sorry you didn't get into Leeds :frown: Best of luck with Clearing, I'm sure you'll find somewhere that's right for you and have a great few years there. :console: :hugs:
Reply 1128
Original post by Skeletorfw
Also GOOD MORNING FRESHERS!
you're OURS now... :wink:

sounds threatening :O :biggrin:

Congrats to all those who got in and best of luck in finding alternatives to those who didn't! Everything happens for the best, after all.
Reply 1129
Well done to everyone who made the cut, see you if you're in Portsmouth any time
Reply 1130
Original post by Rommari
if its not some kind of cruel mistake, leeds must really love me. My offer was AAB and i got A*BBC(i did 4 subjects) and i still got in... hope they didnt accept me by mistake though :O

I got BCD and needed BBB and they're still having me :biggrin:
Reply 1131
Original post by Mierla
I got BCD and needed BBB and they're still having me :biggrin:

That's great! Congrats :smile: which course?
Reply 1132
Haven't got my results yet, but ucas says "Changed Course" under the Decision column. When I click on it, it says Computer Science instead of Maths :s-smilie:

Anyone know what's up?

vv I didn't apply for computer science, though. On the website it says they have spaces in computer science, but the grades required are higher than my offer. This is confusing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1133
Original post by YYZ
Haven't got my results yet, but ucas says "Changed Course" under the Decision column. When I click on it, it says Computer Science instead of Maths :s-smilie:

Anyone know what's up?

they will take you in for computer science
Does anyone know what is in the welcome pack we are to receive from 30th August?
Am I correct to assume it will be stuff like login to portal and information about the first week?
Reply 1135
Original post by Curran_london
I'm in doing Linguistics & Phonetics . SOOO EXCITED :biggrin:

Yay you got in!! Congrats!! :biggrin:
Original post by heartsandminds
Does anyone know what is in the welcome pack we are to receive from 30th August?
Am I correct to assume it will be stuff like login to portal and information about the first week?

Information about the first week is online. The welcome pack will probably contain stuff we already know *sigh* and our student IDs which most of us know anyway.

Some of my friends who are at other universities said they got a little goodie bag so I'm hoping I get a fridge magnet or a bag of sweets amongst all the duplicate information (y)
Original post by jeffercake
Information about the first week is online. The welcome pack will probably contain stuff we already know *sigh* and our student IDs which most of us know anyway.

Some of my friends who are at other universities said they got a little goodie bag so I'm hoping I get a fridge magnet or a bag of sweets amongst all the duplicate information (y)

Is it? link?

I feel like a child wanting some sweets from the university I am going to attend. :rolleyes:
Reply 1138
Original post by jeffercake

You don't get anything like that in the welcome pack, its just information about freshers week activities and any departmental things that you may have to go to in freshers week, and also any info on textbooks that you may have to buy.

You do however, get free samples of things like cereal, info on bus companies and other stuff in the welcome pack that is in the rooms in halls when you move in.
Original post by heartsandminds
Is it? link?

I feel like a child wanting some sweets from the university I am going to attend. :rolleyes:

It's not the freshers' events in case you thought that's what I meant, it's the departmental welcome meetings and anything else that you have to attend.
Click the link and then find your course code: http://arts.leeds.ac.uk/go/studying/ Actually... that's just for the Arts Dept, sorry! Not sure how to get the other depts.

Original post by Gemini92
You don't get anything like that in the welcome pack, its just information about freshers week activities and any departmental things that you may have to go to in freshers week, and also any info on textbooks that you may have to buy.

You do however, get free samples of things like cereal, info on bus companies and other stuff in the welcome pack that is in the rooms in halls when you move in.

So stuff we already know.
Oh wait, ooh cereal! :biggrin:

Latest