The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbradnack
I put Warneford Hall as my first choice, i hope its not rubbish :/

Both Warneford and PKH and far from rubbish! I would argue that CB and Cheney SV on the main campus are the worst.. they are cliquey and if you dont mind seeing the morrison's and ocado vans arriving with care packages from their kid's parents, then you'll be just fine!

No halls are worse than any other, it's what you make of it, really.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 161
Original post by Brookes Student
Both Warneford and PKH and far from rubbish! I would argue that CB and Cheney SV on the main campus are the worst.. they are cliquey and if you dont mind seeing the morrison's and ocado vans arriving with care packages from their kid's parents, then you'll be just fine!

No halls are worse than any other, it's what you make of it, really.

yay thank you!..... just hope i've got the grades now :/
i put my preferences down so long ago ive forgotten which halls i put first ... im so stressing about next week :'(
Reply 163
Original post by kimikachan
i put my preferences down so long ago ive forgotten which halls i put first ... im so stressing about next week :'(

why're you stressing about next week? is that when we find out where we'll be staying??
Original post by jazzyN
why're you stressing about next week? is that when we find out where we'll be staying??

A Level results come out next Thursday, and it is also the time when if you haven't heard about your results and final offers etc you more than likely will then, too. For example I did BTEC ND and still haven't received my results and upon researching and asking around it appears I might just well hear along with A Levellers next week.

Also, more people (A Levellers in particular) will then be able to choose a hall and apply for accommodation etc. Then ya gotta sort out deposits if you need to and paperwork and get busy packing... it's a crazily busy time for us lot and the institutions involved!
Reply 165
Hey everyone :smile: when is the actual start date for Brookes as i'm a little confused :s-smilie:
17th -18th September, move in weekend
19th - 25th September Freshers week
26th September, Official term starts

I think :smile:
Reply 167
Thank you :smile:
hey guys - I read in the Times newspaper, that I should look out for clearing places on the uni's facebook or twitter page... but cant see any evidence that brookes will be putting up clearing places on these websites.. anyone know anything? :biggrin:
As far as we know, Oxford Brookes, is NOT publishing any places for clearing. Sorry :frown:
Thats correct Brookes isnt going into clearing as far as i know...
I got into Brookes to read Medical Science :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: See you in septemeber guys :ahee:
Reply 172
I'm going to Brookes to read Sociology and Anthropology. Hope to make some friends on TSR who are going here! :smile: Feel free to contact me :biggrin:
I'm gonna be studyin accounting and finance :biggrin: exciteddddd
Original post by casiogeek
I got into Brookes to read Medical Science :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: See you in septemeber guys :ahee:

The life science lecturers are great!
Reply 175
will there be a group discussion thread for new students who have been accepted this year?
think it will probs just continue from this 1 :smile: feel free to create a new 1 though
Reply 177
Original post by purplebrainz
hey guys - I read in the Times newspaper, that I should look out for clearing places on the uni's facebook or twitter page... but cant see any evidence that brookes will be putting up clearing places on these websites.. anyone know anything? :biggrin:

there you go! :wink:
http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/applications/ucas/clearing
Reply 178
Original post by Katrina-Jane
Heyyy! I'm in Block A too :smile: Block 8...Looking forward to starting? xx

Hi again!! (I just replied to you in another post) wow same block!!! although I'll be in flat 2.. I'm so looking forward to starting!! can't wait!! I'll be there on the 17th, you?
Reply 179
Original post by purplebrainz

There you go!! :wink:
http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/applications/ucas/clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending