Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by intox123
I am! :biggrin: but with the year in industry

So looking forward to it! Can't wait!

Appiled for Parkwood flats accomodation and hope i get it!

Are they normally good at keeping deadlines? e.g. Getting our offers of accomodation next week as im going to be on holiday in hong kong and south korea for a couple of weeks at the start of september and i don't want to miss my offer!

im doing computer system engineering so kind of similar :P
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1241
Just got off the phone to be told "we missed you AS result, we may consider you, phone tomorrow".. part of me is thinking if they saw this originally I would have a place :/ I was still short on points though... we shall see in the morning...
So i didn't get into my firm, and declined my insurance. Went through clearing, and Kent gave me back my offer from aages ago.
I'm so grateful, and really looking forward to it :biggrin: The main reason why i didn't firm it was because canterbury was much more pricey and quieter than Leeds, or that's how i viewed it at least.
But now i am so excited to be going !! :h:
Original post by supernova92
So i didn't get into my firm, and declined my insurance. Went through clearing, and Kent gave me back my offer from aages ago.
I'm so grateful, and really looking forward to it :biggrin: The main reason why i didn't firm it was because canterbury was much more pricey and quieter than Leeds, or that's how i viewed it at least.
But now i am so excited to be going !! :h:

Congratulations/Welcome :biggrin:

Edit - also, what course? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
time to make some friends
Reply 1245
Do eeet.

I did it. The guy I talked to said there was no hope seeming as my appliation was already deemed unsuccessful. The dream is dead. :cry:

I hope you guys all enjoy Kent you lucky things! I may see you as a PostGrad :wink:
Original post by yesioo
I did it. The guy I talked to said there was no hope seeming as my appliation was already deemed unsuccessful. The dream is dead. :cry:

I hope you guys all enjoy Kent you lucky things! I may see you as a PostGrad :wink:

Whaat, really? I'm pretty sure they can actually change it, sounds like you've just been fobbed off :frown:

Good luck in whatever you do.

Original post by Holz<3
time to make some friends

Special friend? :biggrin:
Has anyone else not got the welcome email? I got in with the correct grades and haven't got one :frown:

Congrats to everyone who got in today! :biggrin:
Original post by mellie220
Has anyone else not got the welcome email? I got in with the correct grades and haven't got one :frown:

I haven't got one either

Me neither!! :frown:
I was slightly freaking out, but no-one else seems to have one and Kent was probably super busy today with clearing... hopefully it'll come through tomorrow...
Reply 1250
I call them 15 times today, I have no answer ..... I don't know if they confirmed my place ..... :angry:
Original post by asha_patel
Me neither!! :frown:
I was slightly freaking out, but no-one else seems to have one and Kent was probably super busy today with clearing... hopefully it'll come through tomorrow...

Oh thank god, I was thinking they'd forgotten about me! :tongue:
Yeah, I assume it's clearing - I just can't wait to get the welcome pack and all the things!
Original post by Tom_Sg
I call them 15 times today, I have no answer ..... I don't know if they confirmed my place ..... :angry:

Keep trying, you'll get through eventually :smile:
I called up Kent and asked if they'd consider me for clearing and I filled in an online application, even though as my firm they haven't formally rejected or accepted me as there appears to be some issues with track. The person I talked to told me that I got the grades above the clearing grade requirements, and that they'd get back to me tomorrow. Is it safe to assume that I got the place or should I contact other universities? Anyone know of how Kent are in clearing? This is for Politics and international relations
Original post by Bossa Nova
I called up Kent and asked if they'd consider me for clearing and I filled in an online application, even though as my firm they haven't formally rejected or accepted me as there appears to be some issues with track. The person I talked to told me that I got the grades above the clearing grade requirements, and that they'd get back to me tomorrow. Is it safe to assume that I got the place or should I contact other universities? Anyone know of how Kent are in clearing? This is for Politics and international relations

Kent seem to viewed as a very positive university for clearing. It doesn't mean certainty, but I'd say if you're above the grades you're quite likely. It doesn't hurt to phone other universities, unless Kent is something you really really want?
Oh thank god, I was thinking they'd forgotten about me! :tongue:
Yeah, I assume it's clearing - I just can't wait to get the welcome pack and all the things!

Same, i can't wait to get everything. I'm dying to just get everything sorted out, can't wait to enroll and also see what accomodation i've gotten!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Blazara
Kent seem to viewed as a very positive university for clearing. It doesn't mean certainty, but I'd say if you're above the grades you're quite likely. It doesn't hurt to phone other universities, unless Kent is something you really really want?

It's my firm, and it hasn't updated at all as to whether i've been accepted or rejected but I'm above the entry requirements in the sense of looking at it from the points system but not based on merely 3 a-levels (below what they are asking if based on 3 a-level grades). Here's hoping as i've wanted to go there for a longggg time :colondollar:
It's my firm, and it hasn't updated at all as to whether i've been accepted or rejected but I'm above the entry requirements in the sense of looking at it from the points system but not based on merely 3 a-levels (below what they are asking if based on 3 a-level grades). Here's hoping as i've wanted to go there for a longggg time :colondollar:

Oh in that case, you should be fiiine (I think/hope :tongue:). How much below were you? [What subject? I want to find more Law friends! :frown:)
Original post by Blazara
Oh in that case, you should be fiiine (I think/hope :tongue:). How much below were you? [What subject? I want to find more Law friends! :frown:)

I got BCC and i've got AS grades bb, and the clearing entry requirements are bbc. Overall the points added together I was told are above the requirements, so I guess we'll see soon. I initially applied for a joint law and politics, but politics it is for me (well hopefully) :tongue: Are you doing just law llb?
I got BCC and i've got AS grades bb, and the clearing entry requirements are bbc. Overall the points added together I was told are above the requirements, so I guess we'll see soon. I initially applied for a joint law and politics, but politics it is for me (well hopefully) :tongue: Are you doing just law llb?

Hrmh. I reckon you might be okay. I missed my IB offer by 2 points (which is at least a difference of one grade at A level) and got in.

Yup, plain old Law llb. Make me look boring with your double subject course :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending